Chargers @ Browns Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 5)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Iowachargers70 View Post
    I propose that for the posters who are already saying we won't make the playoffs, (chaincrusher, Qsmokey, Topcat, and probably others) that if we do make the playoffs, that they aren't allowed to post while we are in the playoffs. Anyone second this proposal?

Qsmokey has never posted a positive post about anything Chargers. Chain constantly beats a dead horse about anything and everything. Topcat posts a weekly poll about who he thinks should be fired instantly. Grabs the stick from chain and starts beating the same horse.

If you think I've only been on here for a short time, you're wrong. I've had other accounts related to my name. Been here since the beginning when Fleet started this. Just get tired of your guys same shit week after week. Is there anyway I can ignore their posts? Please help.
    Iowa, I wish I knew how to tell you how to use the ignore function. I unfortunately haven’t utilized it in a long time. But as it is, my advice is to just skip over their posts and ignore them. They have their opinions and this is a forum for everyone to voice it, unless something becomes toxic. Which I don’t think it has yet.

Comment

• Boltx
      Dominate the day
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Sorry if you posted elsewhere, but how did it go at the game with your son? Did the midges get in your beer? They showed a number of charger fans on TV, were there many there? That really is a beautiful stadium on a bright fall day. Not a spaceship but a really nice, traditional stadium. And you must have worked some mojo on that stubby little kicker because he made every kick. I don't care if they were all short ones, he did it.

TG
      Thanks for asking. We had a great time! There were a ton of Bolts fans there. I was blown away by how many. We lucked out and stayed at the same hotel as the Bolts so we got a glimpse of several of them boarding the team bus in the morning (including Herbert).

The bugs were gross. They were everywhere, all over the seats and thick in the air. They had sorta cleared out by halftime though, or at least I wasn't noticing them as much.

You know it's funny...I had the same exact thoughts about their stadium. Kind of simple but still nice in a traditional way. Their fans (at least the ones we sat by) were very nice and knowledgeable about the Bolts. They were as shocked as we were about the 4th down call...but they didn't give us a hard time after missing the kick.
      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Iowa, I wish I knew how to tell you how to use the ignore function. I unfortunately haven’t utilized it in a long time. But as it is, my advice is to just skip over their posts and ignore them. They have their opinions and this is a forum for everyone to voice it, unless something becomes toxic. Which I don’t think it has yet.
        Yeah, not even close to toxic..thanks Members. Even the negative guys are not abusive, and we deal with trolls appropriately. I personally wish that 'beating dead horses' would come down some, but on Game Day and Over-reaction Monday, its tolerable.

Comment

• Heatmiser
          BetterToday ThanYesterday
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Browns defenders had their feelings hurt Sunday and feel disrespected. I guess in the new world, Staley should include probability of hurting the other teams' feelings on his analytics chart moving forward.

TG

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Chargers quarterback Justin Herbert saw his head coach Brandon Staley’s decision to go for it on fourth-down-and-1 from his own 45-yard line as a sign of belief.

“I think it says a lot that he believes in us,” Herbert said following the Chargers 30-28 win over the Browns at FirstEnergy Stadium on Sunday. “Just like I believe in our offensive line, our receivers and our running backs. I knew that we would go out there and convert. It did not go our way unfortunately, but we were riding with that play. The defense came with that big stop when we were down.”

The Browns defense did not see it in such a positive light.

“It’s disrespectful,” cornerback Greg Newsome II said. “Any team, you’re going for it on your side of the 50, it’s very disrespectful, we were very disrespected by that.”

If we’re being fair, the Browns defense didn’t exactly give the Chargers a reason to respect them.

They gave up 465 yards to the Chargers, including a season-high 238 rushing yards, both season highes for Los Angeles. Wide receiver Mike Williams, the intended target on the play, had caught 10 of his 12 targets for 134 yards. He was going against rookie cornerback Martin Emerson Jr.

“I expect (Staley) to go for it, but it’s still disrespectful to us,” defensive end Myles Garrett said. “I know he has an offense that was doing very well the whole day. He expects them to get the first down, but to us that’s telling us that he can try to take advantage of us and we don’t take that very kindly.”
          Last edited by Xenos; 10-10-2022, 09:44 AM.
          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• cmplxgal
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • New Jersey
            • Send PM

Popper said:

Mike Williams had 10 catches on 13 targets for 134 yards. He was sensational on all three levels of the field. Williams should have also had a touchdown early in the second half on an acrobatic go-ball catch in the front corner of the end zone. The officials ruled it a catch on the field but overturned it on replay. The replay, though, clearly showed Williams getting both toes down before his heel touched out of bounds. Staley said the officials told him Williams’ heel came down before his second toe.
            But two posters disagree:

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
            Poppers wrong -- the heel is part of the foot and part of the process of catching a pass. That was the right call
            Originally posted by Xenos View Post
            It’s the right call. But also a stupid rule IMO.
            Popper's assessment is in accord with what I've always thought was the rule--both toes down inbounds before another body part touches out of bounds is a catch. You two seem to be saying that the heel landing on the line negates the catch because it's "part of the foot." But that's inconsistent with what the officials said, assuming Popper got the quote right. The officials said that the order of touching matters, which implies that, if the toe had touched inbounds first--as the video clearly shows happened--it was a completed catch.

What is this "rule" that you two are referring to? Do have a link? Thanks.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
              Let's do this!
              • Aug 2022
              • Raleigh N. Carolina
              • Send PM

Originally posted by LinksterAC View Post

Yeah, that’s me! Was a moderator there for a while—still technically am I guess. Glad to see some familiar faces.
              Yes!!

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Honestly, if their kicker had nailed either of the 2 FGs he missed, that's exactly how I expected the game to end. Another in the long list of gut-wrenching losses we've all had to endure over the years. And before you ask, that's exactly how I expect just about every Charger game to go. Great team to watch...if you're not a Charger fan. Because every game is full of 'excitement' with the outcome not decided until late in the game.
                All true Sir.
                Before the game, I would say the Browns were kryptonite to StaleyD. OL. Chubb. Hunt. Cooper. Njoku. Garrett. Clowney.

Brissett, in large measure, saved us.

We are still trying to figure out how to play defense. That takes time.

View from 30,000 feet. IMHO.
                We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

GMFB discussing Staley's decision to go for it.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    BetterToday ThanYesterday
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

I guess the disrespected Browns defenders with the hurt feelings forgot this....

"In the middle of the third quarter, the Chargers had a 24-21 lead. The Browns had the ball on their own 34-yard line. It was fourth-and-1.

I was OK with going for the first down. After all, the Browns have a superb QB sneaker in Brissett. It’s a strange distinction, but Brissett is the greatest QB sneaker for the Browns that I’ve ever seen.

Every time they’ve needed a yard for a first down and they’ve given it to Brissett – they’ve picked up the first down.

That said, it was fourth-and-1"

TG
                    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• JOJAX85
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2018
                      • Irmo, SC
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      GMFB discussing Staley's decision to go for it.

Sound pretty spot on to me. Punt it away and make them drive the field with no time outs. If you're afraid of Jacoby Brissett driving the length of the field on you then we have much bigger problems. Make the smart play and kick it then Nut up and stop them.

Anyway, that bell has already rang so on to the mules.

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                        I guess the disrespected Browns defenders with the hurt feelings forgot this....

"In the middle of the third quarter, the Chargers had a 24-21 lead. The Browns had the ball on their own 34-yard line. It was fourth-and-1.

I was OK with going for the first down. After all, the Browns have a superb QB sneaker in Brissett. It’s a strange distinction, but Brissett is the greatest QB sneaker for the Browns that I’ve ever seen.

Every time they’ve needed a yard for a first down and they’ve given it to Brissett – they’ve picked up the first down.

That said, it was fourth-and-1"

TG
                        Staley didn’t disrespect the Browns D. He disrespected it’s long suffering fan base

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                          Smooth Operation
                          • May 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Staley didn’t disrespect the Browns D. He disrespected it’s long suffering fan base
                          Football is cold.
                          We do not play modern football.

Comment

Working...
                          X