Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
    :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
    Broncos Country, Lets Ride

Comment

• JupiterBolt
      ~ Charger Fan ~
      • Sep 2018
      • Jupiter, FL
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not sure there will be a Manning Cast but if there is - I will actually watch it

As for the game, if the chargers want to get to where they want to get too, they have to win

MUST. WIN. GAME

Two games before the bye - have to beat Denver

If they go 1-1 - have to beat Denver and lose to Seattle - not vice versa
      I'm not sure Eli wants to do a Chargers game.
      NFL Week Date MNF Game Network
      1 Sept. 12 Broncos @ Seahawks ESPN2, ESPN+
      3 Sept. 26 Cowboys @ Giants ESPN2, ESPN+
      4 Oct. 3 Rams @ 49ers ESPN2
      7 Oct. 24 Bears @ Patriots ESPN2
      8 Oct. 31 Bengals @ Browns ESPN2
      9 Nov. 7 Ravens @ Saints ESPN2
      13 Dec. 5 Saints @ Bucs ESPN2
      14 Dec. 12 Patriots @ Cardinals ESPN2
      15 Dec. 19 Rams @ Packers ESPN2, ESPN+
      Wild Card Jan. 16 TDB Playoff Game ESPN2, ESPN+

Comment

• electricgold
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2020
        • Send PM

4-2 Here we come!

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Their D will keep it close and we will read many things about how our coaching staff sucks and the game plan is horrible.
          Doesn't matter as long as Herbert has a high completion rate and our RB's can run the ball like yesterday, we'll be fine.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by JupiterBolt View Post

I'm not sure Eli wants to do a Chargers game.
            NFL Week Date MNF Game Network
            1 Sept. 12 Broncos @ Seahawks ESPN2, ESPN+
            3 Sept. 26 Cowboys @ Giants ESPN2, ESPN+
            4 Oct. 3 Rams @ 49ers ESPN2
            7 Oct. 24 Bears @ Patriots ESPN2
            8 Oct. 31 Bengals @ Browns ESPN2
            9 Nov. 7 Ravens @ Saints ESPN2
            13 Dec. 5 Saints @ Bucs ESPN2
            14 Dec. 12 Patriots @ Cardinals ESPN2
            15 Dec. 19 Rams @ Packers ESPN2, ESPN+
            Wild Card Jan. 16 TDB Playoff Game ESPN2, ESPN+
            Is the at the schedule of Manning games? thats pretty lousy actually if looking at QB play -

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post

Doesn't matter as long as Herbert has a high completion rate and our RB's can run the ball like yesterday, we'll be fine.
              In January at SoFi, Herbert was 22/31 237 yds 2 TDs in a 34-13 victory
              In Dec 2020 at SoFi, Herbert was 21/33 253 yds 1 TD in a 19-16 win

Herbert is undefeated against the Broncos at home, but winless in Denver. Even in the losses in Denver, Herbert has moved the ball well against the Broncos' defense.

In Nov 2020 his stat line was 29/43 278 yds 3 TDs 2 INTs. That was the game the Chargers built a big lead, only for the defense to give it up to Lock.
              In Nov 2021 his stat line was 28/44 303 yds 2 TDs 2 INTs. The game turned when Ekeler let a pass go off his hands into Surtain's arms, who returned it for six.

Comment

• SK21209
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2020
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Very nervous about this even with how bad the Broncos offense has looked/how injured they now are. The Broncos get 10 days off after being embarrassed on national TV and with their difficult schedule, this game could be to save their season.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I am not sure there will be a Manning Cast but if there is - I will actually watch it

As for the game, if the chargers want to get to where they want to get too, they have to win

MUST. WIN. GAME

Two games before the bye - have to beat Denver

If they go 1-1 - have to beat Denver and lose to Seattle - not vice versa
                  They need to go 2 - 0: back end of the schedule will be much tougher.

You'd accept losing to Seattle?

Comment

• Heatmiser
                    HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                    Very nervous about this even with how bad the Broncos offense has looked/how injured they now are. The Broncos get 10 days off after being embarrassed on national TV and with their difficult schedule, this game could be to save their season.
                    I hear you. But when the anxiety starts to rise, I want you to repeat this simple mantra, while taking deep, cleansing breaths.....

Nathaniel Hackett
                    Nathaniel Hackett
                    Nathaniel Hackett

Honestly, Elway has hired three stinkers in a row. Vance Johnson, who the very funny (not mean) Broncos fans called "Radio" from that movie with Ed Harris and Cuba Gooding. Followed by Vic 'Crankshaft' Fangio who spent so much time yelling at the neighborhood kids for walking on his lawn he didn't have time to coach, and now Paul Hackett's kid, Nathaniel who, and this is something I didn't think was possible, is an even worse football coach than his dad was.

The new owners have a ton of money and will work around Elway and sign a big name former successful coach (maybe Peyton or at least someone like him) in the offseason. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. But the team will need to be reconstructed in the image of whoever the new HC coach is and that takes time and draft picks and cap space the Broncos don't have because of Russel Wilson. Peyton will want a lot of control if he comes and so would any other big name coach.

TG

Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltx
                      Dominate the day
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

I hear you. But when the anxiety starts to rise, I want you to repeat this simple mantra, while taking deep, cleansing breaths.....

Nathaniel Hackett
                      Nathaniel Hackett
                      Nathaniel Hackett

Honestly, Elway has hired three stinkers in a row. Vance Johnson, who the very funny (not mean) Broncos fans called "Radio" from that movie with Ed Harris and Cuba Gooding. Followed by Vic 'Crankshaft' Fangio who spent so much time yelling at the neighborhood kids for walking on his lawn he didn't have time to coach, and now Paul Hackett's kid, Nathaniel who, and this is something I didn't think was possible, is an even worse football coach than his dad was.

The new owners have a ton of money and will work around Elway and sign a big name former successful coach (maybe Peyton or at least someone like him) in the offseason. Maybe it will work, maybe it won't. But the team will need to be reconstructed in the image of whoever the new HC coach is and that takes time and draft picks and cap space the Broncos don't have because of Russel Wilson. Peyton will want a lot of control if he comes and so would any other big name coach.

TG
                      Peyton going to the Broncos will be almost as bad for us as it was when Reid went to KC.

Really hoping he doesn't end up in the division.
                      ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
                        I hear you on this. The Chargers cannot be over confident. After the humiliation in prime time against the Colts and all the negativity surrounding Wilson, Hackett and the Broncos in the aftermath, they are going to be motivated to desperation level next Mon night. I don't think the Broncos will be a pushover.

However, with their best RB out for the season and having to rely on MGIII for their running game, and their best WR from the past few seasons also on IR, I don't think Wilson and Hackett will be able to muster much offense to be able to compete with what Herbert and the Chargers (with KA hopefully) bring. Herbert has always been able to make plays on Denver's D, multiple TDs in all four games against them. And he's never thrown a pick to Denver at SoFi, where he's undefeated against them. So I am reasonably confident the Chargers win this game by a TD+. And as much criticism as Staley gets from some quarters here, he's not going to get out-coached by Hackett. But the Chargers do have to be prepared for a team that is on the ropes and desperate.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                          HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Send PM

Then I think root for Mike McCarthy to get fired. Peyton would choose Dallas over Denver.

TG
                          Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

Working...
                          X