Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Zion for C of the future?
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• Boltnut
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
      After I moaned for years about the OL, we finally got it right. I'm really happy with it now. I'm sure Boltnut and Wood are too.
      I'm getting there, my friend!
      The loss of Slater was hard.
      We'll see what happens with Pip and Feiler this off-season.
      I hope we're back to square 1.
      Salyer is a pleasant surprise!

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Aug 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yes, I expect the Broncos to start the game on a mission like the Raiders did last night. The Chargers have to be prepared for it and not let them take control of the game. Though the Broncos don't have weapons like Jacobs or Adams on offense; they may not be able to match the ferocity of the offensive attack the Raiders opened with last night.
        Denver is losing vital pieces of their offense. Their defense is good, but overrated.

Comment

• Pat_Swindle
          WustinSlurbert
          • Apr 2022
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
          Don't sleep on these Broncos. They have the #3 overall defense, #1 pass defense, and are #4 in points allowed. Also 4th in sacks.

I'm sure Russell Wilson and MGIII will recapture just enough magic to make this game hell for us.
          I'm forgetting that Russell Wilson and MGIII played in college together. I believe for only 1 year.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

So, would u promote someone like Sarell from the PS?
            I would’ve already replaced norton with sarrell on the 53 man a while ago. I understand that they like norton but he’d easily be available to sign on the PS no problem clearing waivers there…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

After I moaned for years about the OL, we finally got it right. I'm really happy with it now. I'm sure Boltnut and Wood are too.
              The immediate future definitely looks bright, attrition is brutal in the trenches and the same 5 guys starting rarely lasts more than 1-2 years, that’s why the dominant trench teams are consistently investing on O-line…

the next 2-3 years should be nice with these four core players involved slater, salyer, zion, and pipkins…I think linsley is nearing the end of his career…

slater—fieler—zion—salyer—pipkins could be the starting o-line as soon as 2023 depending on linsley’s health and if he continues to have back issues

the more likely scenario is slater—salyer—linsley—zion—pipkins for 2023 with fieler either getting traded or becoming a salary cap casualty, we’ll see
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

Pipkins, Zion, Slater, Slayer.

Damn at this rate Tom Telesco is gonna draft us a pro-bowl center.
                I think he already drafted us a probowl center. I was super impressed with zion playing center at the senior bowl, he dominated! He played center better than anyone else in that game including guys that were drafted as centers…the reason why I’m so high on zion as a our center is (1) intelligence and (2) now having played with a master like linsley he’ll understand better than any rookie coming in how to run the offensive line and our system…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                  Charger Fan since 1978
                  • Sep 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Charge! View Post

hes definitely the best player Chargers have taken in 6th round for many many years if ever....
                  Rodney Harrison was a 5th rounder, close but not a 6th, so yeah, I’m having a hard time coming up with anyone that’s looked this good this early coming in the 6th…

EDIT: the chargers drafted Billy Shields in round 6 in 1975, I think salyer has his work cut out for him if he’s going to overtake billy shields, 12 year career and superbowl ring with the 49ers

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                    Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                    • Feb 2019
                    • McLean Illinois
                    • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The immediate future definitely looks bright, attrition is brutal in the trenches and the same 5 guys starting rarely lasts more than 1-2 years, that’s why the dominant trench teams are consistently investing on O-line…

the next 2-3 years should be nice with these four core players involved slater, salyer, zion, and pipkins…I think linsley is nearing the end of his career…

slater—fieler—zion—salyer—pipkins could be the starting o-line as soon as 2023 depending on linsley’s health and if he continues to have back issues

the more likely scenario is slater—salyer—linsley—zion—pipkins for 2023 with fieler either getting traded or becoming a salary cap casualty, we’ll see
                    More likely Feiler is gone before Linsley, IMO...and I would rather draft a center, knowing we had a very smart backup in Zion dominating at guard...but who knows the ropes and can step in with little or no drop off...but thats just me.
                    Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                      Charger Fan since 1978
                      • Sep 2021
                      • Send PM

It's early but is Salyer the best darn 6th rounder from this draft? He's done well so far.
                      He’s got stiff competition from that kid in detroit, linebacker malcom rodriguez who has put himself in the spotlight, of course matt araiza would be on this list too but…also zachary thomas another former aztec could end up on this list eventually…

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                        Charger Fan since 1978
                        • Sep 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

More likely Feiler is gone before Linsley, IMO...and I would rather draft a center, knowing we had a very smart backup in Zion dominating at guard...but who knows the ropes and can step in with little or no drop off...but thats just me.
                        The chargers will be a playoff team and they should be drafting in the mid to late 20s if not higher…that type of draft position has historically been an ideal area for drafting the best center available in a typical draft class…they’ve had the good fortune of drafting in spots where one of the best lineman at ‘position of need’ was available to them two years running without having to move up two years in a row…maybe it will happen a third time, we’ll see…

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Lone Bolt View Post

Feiler's contract runs through the end of next year with a $2 million cap hit. Linsley's contract is for 3 more years after this season and has a $7.8 million cap hit so yes, Feiler is likely gone before Linsley.

Comment

Working...
                          X