Broncos @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

It’s time this team’s O-line and coaching finally jells at both keeping Herbert upright and making things happen with the run game. I also want Lombardi to get screen plays practiced more. That includes assistant coaches screaming out in practices “No No No!” to get WR’s and TE’s doing their part, not just catching passes. “I don’t block, I’m a receiver.” Screw that attitude!

P.S. They DID run a beautiful screen last week. I wanna see more of that, coaches. Not the ones where Herbert wisely throws the ball into the ground due to some discombobulating missed blocking assignments…by receivers. “Hey! That’s not my forte!, I’m a pass catcher!’ Ya well..get onboard! You’re supposed to be more than that.

:coolstorybro:

:2cents:
    Last edited by Caslon; 10-12-2022, 09:54 PM.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
      This team can and should win against the Broncos on MNF, sans KA, who might need until after the bye week to get back to being the impact player he is. His absence may continue to force more emphasis on the run game, one that did well against the Browns. Also this…the Broncos are supposed to be strong on pass defense.
      They are strong agains the pass, but their run defense is not very good, so if the chargers can get on track on the ground I feel very confident the chargers will prevail over the broncos, overall I think this charger team matches up very well against this bronco team, we’ll see…
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• Caslon
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Apr 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

They are strong agains the pass, but their run defense is not very good, so if the chargers can get on track on the ground I feel very confident the chargers will prevail over the broncos, overall I think this charger team matches up very well against this bronco team, we’ll see…
        Heh, ya…but read my 2 cents edited post above. I can’t stand screens that are all jumbled up due to obvious lack of execution. Does that infuriate anyone other than me? Whatever.

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I am not quite that confident, especially if Keenan doesn't play. If he doesn't, they'll stick Surtain on Williams and Palmer with a bad knee and ankle and Everett will have to really step up. Would be a nice game to get Parham involved.

Comment

• foreigner
            Tom Telesco is gone
            • Sep 2013
            • Send PM

As a Charger fan... I think all games are trap games....

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
              Charger Fan since 1978
              • Sep 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I am not quite that confident, especially if Keenan doesn't play. If he doesn't, they'll stick Surtain on Williams and Palmer with a bad knee and ankle and Everett will have to really step up. Would be a nice game to get Parham involved.
              Division games are always tricky, I’m not 100% sure why I feel good going into this game…I just feel like this team is starting to mature a bit, the emergence of several players like kelley, pipkins, and salyer is very encouraging…

I feel like they’ve taken some haymakers and kept fighting thru the adversity…the resilience in coming back from 14-0 in Cleveland was very nice to witness….IDK, I just feel like they are entering a phase where they’ve been tested by adversity and it’s making them mentally tougher than they were, I feel this team is trending in a positive direction…

jackson will get healthier, herbert will get healthier, and hopefully soon KA will return, then later bosa will return and after that slater will return ahead of schedule…as the season progresses this team will get better…but it’s important for their momentum that they keep finding ways to win, even if they win ugly…
              "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

IMG_1428.jpg
                Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

The above is a bit out dated, and I'm not sure how valid it is, but it's interesting if true.
                  Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                    As a Charger fan... I think all games are trap games....
                    Trap-seasons.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post

Heh, ya…but read my 2 cents edited post above. I can’t stand screens that are all jumbled up due to obvious lack of execution. Does that infuriate anyone other than me? Whatever.
                      Yep...and no more epic fail trick plays, please...

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Trap-seasons.
                        Wow, so true...it seems like EVERY year, we have such high expectations for the Bolts...they look so good on paper...only to epic fail somehow...hope they prove me wrong...better to go in with LOW expectations and be pleasantly surprised...

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

I have 100 percent confidence the Chargers will beat the Broncos.

Comment

Working...
                          X