• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OhioBolt
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

TT & McCoy got to go this has the look of the Indianapolis Colts where TT came from. Indy had a team that could always compete because of the offense, tell me any impact players that they ever acquired on the defensive side? Rivers compareable to Manning in his last years in Indy, never had a good running game, some how Rivers has been able to remain healthy despite the sad state of our OL. What impact players did Indy draft under TT. Indy rebuild and let TT go, we should do the same

Comment

• SDFan
      Woober Goober
      • Jun 2013
      • Dolores, CO
      • Retired
      • Send PM

Originally posted by OhioBolt View Post
      TT & McCoy got to go this has the look of the Indianapolis Colts where TT came from. Indy had a team that could always compete because of the offense, tell me any impact players that they ever acquired on the defensive side? Rivers compareable to Manning in his last years in Indy, never had a good running game, some how Rivers has been able to remain healthy despite the sad state of our OL. What impact players did Indy draft under TT. Indy rebuild and let TT go, we should do the same
      Freeney, Mathis, Bob Sanders.
      Life is too short to drink cheap beer :beer:

Comment

fender57
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

TT didn't acquire those players. He was working for Polian.

Comment

• SDFan
          Woober Goober
          • Jun 2013
          • Dolores, CO
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
          TT didn't acquire those players. He was working for Polian.
          so he had no input? The quote I was responding to was "tell me ANY impact players that they EVER acquired on the defensive side". Later he adds, what impact players did Indy draft under TT, and to that we could probably say Luck, TY Hilton, and a likely a few others- but I'm not going to dig for it with TT timelines. We know TT wasn't GM there, but that wasn't really the point. I'm pretty sure he was talking about carrying on a philosophy TT learned in his time in Indy.

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by chargerkdb View Post
            Somebody needs to go after this debacle. McCoy should go but he could be on the Norv Turner 9 Lives plan. Pagano should no longer be accepting a check. Reich should see the door. Don't know who coaches special teams, my guess is nobody, but whoever has the title should see the door. The problem is that the staff is bad but, you can't relieve the whole staff in the middle of the season. Rivers basically said players on this team could care less if they win or not. This tells me the coaching staff lost this team a while ago and we are just seeing the product of poor leadership.
            Id start with Dean Spanos and Sons and go from there.

Comment

• SDFan
              Woober Goober
              • Jun 2013
              • Dolores, CO
              • Retired
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ratenstein
              Sanders is the perfect example.
              Talented guy who couldn't stay on the field for Indy, to guy AJ knew would stay healthy as a Charger because that always happens.
              TT was director of pro scouting for Indy the year Sanders got drafted.
              I remember everyone agreeing that Sanders was a high risk/reward situation when AJ signed him. What I don't remember is if he was always injury-prone with Indy- or just later in his career?

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2013
                • Send PM

from the Bob Sanders wiki entry: "he has also become known for his frequent injuries, having played more than six games in a single season only twice, in 2005 and 2007."

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Sanders was always hurt. Played less than 50% of his career games(49 of a possible 112). The most games he played in a season is 15. He had that year and 14 in another. Never played in double digit games in any other season.
                  Last edited by Boltjolt; 11-24-2015, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X