Broncos @ Chargers Game Day Thread / Post Game Reaction (Week 6)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChargersPowderBlue
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Aug 2019
    • Send PM

Chargers beat the Broncos with a 19-16 score for the 4th time. https://www.pro-football-reference.c...19&pts_lose=16

The same score just happened two years ago. Another one in 1989, and another in 1961.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
      Regarding Popper, he is, in many people's estimations, one of the best NFL writers out there.

The preparation and solid takes are there.

Last night's Hops with Pop was not particularly dense, but this is a good Follow overall.
      I have come to enjoy him a bit more but still think his knowledge of football is pretty shallow - someone mentioned to me that they know that he has some insider friends that help him with "his" analysis.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        Regarding Popper, he is, in many people's estimations, one of the best NFL writers out there.

The preparation and solid takes are there.

Last night's Hops with Pop was not particularly dense, but this is a good Follow overall.
        Reminds me of Frank Zappos’s quote about music wrigers: “Definition of rock journalism: People who can't write, doing interviews with people who can't think, in order to prepare articles for people who can't read.”

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Bolded for the most ironic sentence I've read on TPB thus far.
          How brave of you Velo, to pile on someone unable to defend themselves.
          So long Chainy, I'll personally miss your takes and the content derived from them.
          Hopefully the mob is satisfied and we can move forward with actual Chargers-talk.
          I do like you so i dont want to sound insulting but if you enjoyed someoes takes who frequently repeated the same shit and clearly didnt know shit about football and only used stats to back up statements, ....i dont know what to say.

Well , i do but it would be insulting lol. Seriously, CC was football illiterate.
          Just like Yuba was lol.
          Steve had some go rounds with good ol Yuba.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post
            I do like you so i dont want to sound insulting but if you enjoyed someoes takes who frequently repeated the same shit and clearly didnt know shit about football and only used stats to back up statements, ....i dont know what to say.

Well , i do but it would be insulting lol. Seriously, CC was football illiterate.
            Just like Yuba was lol.
            The Steve - Yuba clashes were painful to see. Yuba got savaged.

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Yuba? Their styles - and persistence - were similar. Both attorneys, I believe. Oh well. Hate to see anyone get banned. Lord knows I've crossed that line a time or two.
              Yes Yuba and CC were the same person.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Just like Yuba was lol.
                Steve and I are really tight. Hes always been my mentor regarding Football. It was taking its toll on him. Cutting Yuba kept many around imo. Including some of our best posters. I had no idea CC was Yuba until i checked the IP. The location in Texas was close enough to make me consider that it was Yuba. I just didnt remember the name until you reached out to me privately. Thank you. The guy wasnt supposed to be here after his 2015 shenanigans.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  BetterToday ThanYesterday
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

I miss KegMouse and Brad.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                    TPB Founder
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Kauai
                    • Send PM

Best part about Popper is that he is a pregressive trance guy. And is actually starting to create music with either Pro Logic or Ableton. I respect that as its my favorite music genre outside of metal. lol

I listened to some of his work and was impressed. I think he is getting better and better at reporting the chargers and his Football IQ is growing. Better than Henne. lol

Also i know some of you are upset at the Yuba/CC removal...but i do what i believe is best for this community as a whole. Every time. I dont need to be loved here. I dont need to be liked or respected. I post less and less because i know many of you are not my biggest fans. Thats ok. We are really flowing here and thats all i care about.

Aloha.

I also have access to all Athletic articles and ESPN+. I can probably access most pay site articles if you request them. Tag me and ill see what i can do.

Comment

• Fleet 1
                      TPB Founder
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Kauai
                      • Send PM

Im basically Boltjolt now with all the typos. lol

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Yes Yuba and CC were the same person.
                        Damn...I nailed that one, didn't I? (Patting myself on the back, here). I called chaincrusher out on that months ago. Their styles were too similar; overly-wordy, condescending post after overly-wordy condescending post, rinse and repeat.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post
                          Im basically Boltjolt now with all the typos. lol
                          My typos are really bad here because most of the time this site doesn't allow my phone to use predictive text words and when that happens it muddles words together and I always hit the "n" between words lol.

Right now with this post, word prediction comes up. IDK sometimes typing here from my phone is a lot of work having to fix it lol.

Oh and only the chain gangers are upset about his removal which is only about 3-4 other posters lol.

Comment

Working...
                          X