Seahawks @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Heatmiser
    BetterToday ThanYesterday
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Lockett and Gabe Jackson both on injury report for Seahawks and might not play? Those are two pretty important players for them

TG
    Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt-O
      Administrator
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Comment

• BoltUp InLA
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There is no team in the league that is perfect or doesn't have areas to improve on, including ours.

I completely agree that It is very hard to get a read on this team with the injuries and IMO people are overlooking how big of an effect this is having on the O. Against the Broncos we had a gimpy RT, a rookie RG playing his 6th game who struggled, a backup center who had no practice all week as Linsley got his food poisoning on Saturday and who got knocked out of the game for a while, a RG who has had a so-so year, and a rookie backup LT making his 3rd start. We had no Keenan. Guyton is on IR. Parham got another concussion. Herbert is beat up. We dinked and dunked and Herbert still got pressured on 38% of his passes. So to hear the complaints about the play calling here and in some of the press is simply not paying attention to what Lombardi has to work with.

People complain about Staley constantly and he certainly is not perfect. You can debate his use of analytics, but he has made no bones about using them so it should not be a surprise that he is. But give him some credit too - there is one team in the entire AFC with a better record than us and they have one more win. There are 2 other teams with same number of wins as us. There are 12 teams with a worse record than us. So while we aren't winning any style points with our close wins, we are winning those games, something 12 other AFC teams aren't doing as well as us. Clearly we have things to fix and I expect things to improve as some guys come back and Herbert gets healthy.

We have 4 wins that were not easy, but they are wins and have positioned us exactly where we need to be going forward. Being the optimist, I see us gradually improving, something we'll need against some of our future opponents.
        Very well said. Even I was riding on Staley some, but giving credit where it’s due, he has made some important lineup changes based on performance rather than by favoritism, which is a far cry from some of the recent chargers coaches.

Great points about Lombardi also. Minus all pro Slater, he has schemed very well to protect Herbert from further injury. Herbert is not on the injury report recently, which has to be a great sign!

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post
          Palmer was concussed?

Everett is sick?

If we don't have Everett at full strength and no Parham we are paper thin at TE.

If Palmer can't go and Keenan keeps resting we are paper thin at WR.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
            Charger Fan since 1978
            • Sep 2021
            • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Palmer was concussed?

Everett is sick?

If we don't have Everett at full strength and no Parham we are paper thin at TE.

If Palmer can't go and Keenan keeps resting we are paper thin at WR.
            I don’t understand why but this staff has only carried 5 WR going into the season back to back years…
            "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I don’t understand why but this staff has only carried 5 WR going into the season back to back years…
              Before the season started the talk was about how loaded we were at WR. Now, no Guyton, KA has only played 1 half and Palmer underperformed and now concussed. IN BANDY WE TRUST

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2021
                • Send PM

Paper weights

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Meh.
                  Everett will play all snaps as required since Chiefs game.
                  Ekeler counts as a receiver too.
                  Keenan said last week he will play this week...messin' with SEA.
                  We got this.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Not to discount SEA, they’re playing better than anyone expected. But they only beat DEN by one (DEN played horrible), and they beat the hapless Cardinals. They outlasted DET in a high scoring barn burner just barely. They haven’t beaten a winning team either.

TT sure has surprised me. he’s played a lot better than Wilson, and they have two #1s and two #2s in their pocket … lol. God Bless The Great Bronco Search For QB - may it last forever!

“Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Caslon
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Apr 2019
                      • Send PM

Defenses are using double safeties more now than in the past. Couple that with MW and KA not being speedsters, I can understand the Chargers lack of the long ball this season. It’s cramping Herbert’s previous style and stats, but that’s how it’s gotta be. I’m alright with that. It’s not like we didn’t see it coming.

Comment

• PhilaBoltster
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
                        NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 7, 2022

FOX LATE

Anchorage
                        Fairbanks
                        Honolulu

Kansas City @ San Francisco
                        Kevin Burkhardt, Greg Olsen

Seattle @ LA Chargers
                        Kevin Kugler, Mark Sanchez

This map is telling of the lack of popularity of the Chargers. All of Northern, Central and even as far south as Santa Barbara and Bakersfield? 49er country. Southeast Cali desert? Cardinal country, might as well be Arizona. Seahawks though capture the better parts of 4 states, and the rest of the west belong to the Chiefs.

Last I checked the Chargers were 4-2 same as KC and Seattle was 3-3 same as SF so it’s not like the other game is better on paper either.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by PhilaBoltster View Post

This map is telling of the lack of popularity of the Chargers….
                          Hey…when the NFC Seahawks were the other afternoon game, I always found something else to watch.

Comment

Working...
                          X