Seahawks @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Parham should walk away from the game now. Love him as a player, but to suffer another concussion after what happened last Dec. Walk away.
    I agree and they should just put him on IR if he is going to be out a few weeks already.

Comment

• Craig440
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      Parham should walk away from the game now. Love him as a player, but to suffer another concussion after what happened last Dec. Walk away.
      I agree. It's not worth it. I would miss him because I like him. I think if he would have hung on to that ball against KC last year we would have won. Him getting hurt that bad and dropping it changed the game and the mood.

He should walk away.

Comment

• richpjr
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Nashville
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Berserker76 View Post

Agree. It gets tiring hearing that speed is our only weapon and we are doomed without it. Bandy can get open, make catches, and get first downs. Really starting to believe he pissed off one of the coaches. Surely our coaching staff is competent enough to scheme for an asset we already have? This does not negate the need for acquiring a speedster, but in the meantime, go with what you got.
        Clearly speed is NOT what the coaching staff focuses on in the WR. They want players that can do a variety of things. Bandy is not just slow, he is also an undersized, poor blocker who isn't a good ST player who can only play in the slot so that limits his usefulness in a big way. At least this is what has been reported about him.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Craig440 View Post

I agree. It's not worth it. I would miss him because I like him. I think if he would have hung on to that ball against KC last year we would have won. Him getting hurt that bad and dropping it changed the game and the mood.

He should walk away.
          that one play had such a big impact on him and the Chargers.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Clearly speed is NOT what the coaching staff focuses on in the WR. They want players that can do a variety of things. Bandy is not just slow, he is also an undersized, poor blocker who isn't a good ST player who can only play in the slot so that limits his usefulness in a big way. At least this is what has been reported about him.
            That’s all fine and dandy but what we really need is a WR who can get open and catch the ball. I don’t know about all that other stuff but he is the back up PR.

Comment

• chargeroo
              Fan since 1961
              • Jan 2019
              • Oregon
              • Retired Manager/Pastor
              • Send PM

Re Michael Bandy. I don't know if he's exactly slow. He had a pro day time in the forty of 4.52, 4.55. (according to his college). So let's say he runs in the mid four fives. I think that's about what KA runs and several other good WR's around the league. The thing that interests me about him is the moves, he just gets open. I wish they'd give him a chance.
              Last edited by chargeroo; 10-21-2022, 04:40 PM. Reason: I typed it wrong - again.
              THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• richpjr
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Nashville
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

That’s all fine and dandy but what we really need is a WR who can get open and catch the ball. I don’t know about all that other stuff but he is the back up PR.
                The lack of blocking is why Guyton, reportedly, did not get more snaps. When he was on the field it was a tell that we were passing which tipped the D off. So of course every team needs WRs that can get open but there are a lot of other things to consider. Even if Bandy got more snaps, it's not like anyone will ever confuse him with a Hill or Adams.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

The lack of blocking is why Guyton, reportedly, did not get more snaps. When he was on the field it was a tell that we were passing which tipped the D off. So of course every team needs WRs that can get open but there are a lot of other things to consider. Even if Bandy got more snaps, it's not like anyone will ever confuse him with a Hill or Adams.
                  I’m not expecting anybody to confuse him with a Hill or Adams. I expect them to confuse him with Edelman or Welker.

Comment

• sonorajim
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

I don't care if a guy is #6 something / TE/ RB/ FB,/ etc/ etc.
                    If he can make a play, use him. Spread it around.
                    MW can draw the coverage or make plays. Sea's choice.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                      Re Michael Bandy. I don't know if he's exactly slow. He had a pro day time in the forty of 5.2, 5.5. (according to his college). So let's say he runs in the mid fives. I think that's about what KA runs and several other good WR's around the league. The thing that interests me about him is the moves, he just gets open. I wish they'd give him a chance.
                      We really don’t have many options

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

I’m not expecting anybody to confuse him with a Hill or Adams. I expect them to confuse him with Edelman or Welker.
                        If he was faintly close to those guys I'd be all for playing him more. I just don't see that. Maybe he gets some snaps and lights it up for a pleasant surprise. But sure doesn't seem like the coaching staff sees anything either. I remember how everyone was so afraid that when we cut him that other teams would see his greatness and snap him up before we could sign him to the practice squad. It didn't happen.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

If he was faintly close to those guys I'd be all for playing him more. I just don't see that. Maybe he gets some snaps and lights it up for a pleasant surprise. But sure doesn't seem like the coaching staff sees anything either. I remember how everyone was so afraid that when we cut him that other teams would see his greatness and snap him up before we could sign him to the practice squad. It didn't happen.
                          I'm being optimistic. ;>)

He's produced when given the chance. He just hasn't been given much of a chance.

Comment

Working...
                          X