Seahawks @ Chargers Pre Game Thread (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I agree with you. Some want to blame Wilson or Hackett, when it’s often a more complex situation.

As an example, look what happens when Clapp replaces Linsley. Our entire offense goes to shit, including Herbert.
    Sometimes it’s very simple. Hackett’s decision in the opener to play for a 64 yard fg when they had plenty of time to get closer is one of those. Wilson is slower and his shoulder is banged up. Maybe he can shed some pounds and get a little lighter on his feet again but he didn’t look good in Seattle last season. I am glad Denver made a bad choice at HC and paid a king’s ransom for Wilson. That can set a franchise back

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
      It appears Keenan will play with Josh Palmer out. Keenan has been practicing. I wonder if they'll bring up Hightower any time soon. He could be Guyton's replacement.
      Hard to say. He has to impress in practice. Hands, route concepts.

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Sometimes it’s very simple. Hackett’s decision in the opener to play for a 64 yard fg when they had plenty of time to get closer is one of those. Wilson is slower and his shoulder is banged up. Maybe he can shed some pounds and get a little lighter on his feet again but he didn’t look good in Seattle last season. I am glad Denver made a bad choice at HC and paid a king’s ransom for Wilson. That can set a franchise back
        Wilson was injured last season. He had surgery on his middle finger of his throwing hand. This season his shoulder is injured to the extent he can’t play this weekend.

I’m willing to wait until he plays healthy before I see if he’s dead.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Wilson was injured last season. He had surgery on his middle finger of his throwing hand. This season his shoulder is injured to the extent he can’t play this weekend.

I’m willing to wait until he plays healthy before I see if he’s dead.
          He was healthy this season until the Colts game. That’s when he hurt his shoulder, to the extent it’s hurt.

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

I agree with you. Some want to blame Wilson or Hackett, when it’s often a more complex situation.

As an example, look what happens when Clapp replaces Linsley. Our entire offense goes to shit, including Herbert.
            Hit- shy dinged QB playing against a top defense without our top WR deserves some of the credit.

Not as familiar with Wilson's situation but needs more time in the O would be my guess.

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If Denver screwed up the Wilson pick this badly they're hosed. It's gonna take a few years to recover. And by then they'll be paying top dollar for guys like Surtain. They will need a complete reboot.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
                Bummer about Kelly. He was really playing well. Hopefully the coaches saw enough that they realize with Ekeler, Spiller, and Kelly, they don’t need anymore RB’s in next years draft.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

We're wearing the alternate navy uniform for this game. Haven't won a game in it. I hope the team finally does.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                    Bandy looks like next man up to me. MWill needs to have a big game, 100 yards worth minimum. And Ekeler going over 100 yards is a lock, maybe 70 and 70.
                    With no Allen, MWill get double and triple teamed, he’s gonna be lucky to get two throws his way.

Comment

• Topcat
                      AKA "Pollcat"
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

With no Allen, MWill get double and triple teamed, he’s gonna be lucky to get two throws his way.
                      Well, that should free up Slayer and Bandy...and our TE's...and Ekkie...

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

Anyone who gets double teamed creates an advantage position elsewhere. So it’s not all bad.
                        Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                        The Wasted Decade is done.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                        X