Seahawks @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Meltdown (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • foreigner
    Tom Telesco is gone
    • Sep 2013
    • Send PM

I said I was going to let the season run through but its been real painful.... I'm losing hope on Staley very quickly.... TT has to go, he had to go a couple of seasons ago.

We can't get rid of Spanos, the problem starts there... your in-law and sister bully you... come on... thats not the owner we want.

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Whether he's lazy or just sucks is sort of immaterial, to me anyway. There are no 'participation trophies' issued in the NFL. The fact that Jackson is 'trying' - and still can't get it done - should mean nothing to anyone interested in seeing the team improve. He's not performing, he hasn't performed, and he's been a bust. I guess we could continue, once he's healthy, to throw him out there and let him give his best effort, but since you believe he *has* been giving his best effort (at least that's what you implied) then he's lack of production should be proof enough. At some point you to let go of bad investments. Or you can hang on to them and hope. I'm beyond hoping with Jackson.
      Jackson is not a bust. He’s a square peg in a round hole. And that’s on Staley for misuse of a player’s talent.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Jackson is not a bust. He’s a square peg in a round hole. And that’s on Staley for misuse of a player’s talent.
        I do wonder how the Jackson signing came about . Did Staley/Telesco just think he could fit in any defensive scheme. Spent a boat load of money on him. Like Chardavious Ward was signed from KC by the Niners (he is the only CB I can think of from free agency) - but would he have been better.

Comment

• Formula 21
          The Future is Now
          • Jun 2013
          • Republic of San Diego
          • Send PM

Upon further consideration, that game was as bad as it looked. If not for some gifts, we lose by 28. It’s sad how far this team has fallen.
          Build Back Better.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Whether he's lazy or just sucks is sort of immaterial, to me anyway. There are no 'participation trophies' issued in the NFL. The fact that Jackson is 'trying' - and still can't get it done - should mean nothing to anyone interested in seeing the team improve. He's not performing, he hasn't performed, and he's been a bust. I guess we could continue, once he's healthy, to throw him out there and let him give his best effort, but since you believe he *has* been giving his best effort (at least that's what you implied) then he's lack of production should be proof enough. At some point you to let go of bad investments. Or you can hang on to them and hope. I'm beyond hoping with Jackson.
            Pretty much disagree with everything written here. Cutting a guy who led the league in interceptions after 5 games played while recovering from injury in a new system would be beyond foolish. He was struggling but has a proven track record so giving him time to straighten out would be the smart approach. Now he is hurt so it's likely a moot point the rest of the year. Imagine if the Colts had a knee jerk reaction and cut Payton Manning after his 28 interceptions in his first year. After all, he sucked and should not be allow to figure things out. Or Troy Aikman and his 1-15 record his first year - bust!

Comment

• Velo
              Ride!
              • Aug 2019
              • Everywhere
              • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Pretty much disagree with everything written here. Cutting a guy who led the league in interceptions after 5 games played while recovering from injury in a new system would be beyond foolish. He was struggling but has a proven track record so giving him time to straighten out would be the smart approach. Now he is hurt so it's likely a moot point the rest of the year. Imagine if the Colts had a knee jerk reaction and cut Payton Manning after his 28 interceptions in his first year. After all, he sucked and should not be allow to figure things out. Or Troy Aikman and his 1-15 record his first year - bust!
              Manning and Aikman were rookie QBs. That's not even a valid comparison to a veteran CB free agent who's getting paid top money struggling the way JCJ has struggled this season. I don't advocate for cutting JCJ. But also don't buy into the belief that he is struggling because he's not a fit for the system. A guy who is getting paid like the top player in the league at his position should be able to adapt to any system. You don't expect him to be so limited that he can only play well in certain situations. That is BS. It would be ridiculous to give up on him so soon. But his poor play is on him, not the coaches. He has to accept that and work his way out of his funk.

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Originally posted by foreigner View Post
                I said I was going to let the season run through but its been real painful.... I'm losing hope on Staley very quickly.... TT has to go, he had to go a couple of seasons ago.

We can't get rid of Spanos, the problem starts there... your in-law and sister bully you... come on... thats not the owner we want.

The best thing for the Chargers is for the Spanoses to hire a proven HC who has complete control, including control over whether the Spanos kids stay in their positions within the franchise. It may not be the best thing for the Spanoses individually, but it would be the best thing for the franchise.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

The best thing for the Chargers is for the Spanoses to hire a proven HC who has complete control, including control over whether the Spanos kids stay in their positions within the franchise. It may not be the best thing for the Spanoses individually, but it would be the best thing for the franchise.
                  Just give Payton full control and stand out of the way.

Not saying this will guarantee success but it will be a helluva lot better than anything we've done in the last 40 years.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• foreigner
                    Tom Telesco is gone
                    • Sep 2013
                    • Send PM

Spanos has been over his head since Marty quit, that's when everything started going downhill..... I thought it reached the lowest point during the LA transfer when everybody was mocking him, I guess that wasnt the lowest, we havent seen it yet.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Manning and Aikman were rookie QBs. That's not even a valid comparison to a veteran CB free agent who's getting paid top money struggling the way JCJ has struggled this season. I don't advocate for cutting JCJ. But also don't buy into the belief that he is struggling because he's not a fit for the system. A guy who is getting paid like the top player in the league at his position should be able to adapt to any system. You don't expect him to be so limited that he can only play well in certain situations. That is BS. It would be ridiculous to give up on him so soon. But his poor play is on him, not the coaches. He has to accept that and work his way out of his funk.
                      Yes the rookie QB comparison is extreme but the point is he has a track record so giving up on him now would be foolish. A good coach can get a player out of a funk, but agree he has to want it and work through it. I just hate the comparisons to Gaither as there is absolutely nothing similar between the two and the talk of cutting him given his contract situation is just not realistic.

Comment

• Formula 21
                        The Future is Now
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Republic of San Diego
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Just give Payton full control and stand out of the way.

Not saying this will guarantee success but it will be a helluva lot better than anything we've done in the last 40 years.
                        Hire Payton and let him choose his own GM.
                        Build Back Better.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Want to give Staley one more year. Know this season has turned ugly, but before this play

Comment

Working...
                          X