Seahawks @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Meltdown (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Formula 21
    The Future is Now
    • Jun 2013
    • Republic of San Diego
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

14+10+17
    That’s the number part, but the game part? Insane.
    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
    The Wasted Decade is done.
    Build Back Better.

Comment

• jamrock
      lawyers, guns and money
      • Sep 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

That’s the number part, but the game part? Insane.
      Came out flat 3 straight weeks. Made it up against bad teams. Couldn’t make it up against a mid level team.

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

One thing that jumps out on defense is that the Chargers played a lot more base defense than normal. Almost no dime (Gilman had two snaps) and a lot less nickle (Callahan played 76% of the snaps last week but only 56% this week, while the four starting LBs/edge rushers played between 87% (Mack) and 99% (Tranquill) of the snaps).

I'll add a non-Twitter link once one is available.
        looking @the snap counts, the two things that stick out for myself, is that think that somehow/some way, we were all sorta hopin' for the one or both of Carter and/or Bandy to have a game, and.... based on their preseasons, we weren't unrealistic, and.... given Rivers success w/some less thans, perhaps we have been spoiled in the past, and.... didn't happen (not even close).

and on D.... two snaps for a safety that had ten tackles the week before, and all of one snap for Troy Reeder.... ?? just don't get all the love for DT, 'specially on run D ??

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
          & ramblin' man
          • Jan 2019
          • Send PM

don't think JC Jack is a bust.... coaching/injuries are a much bigger factor than the notion that players falter once outside the Belichick system.

and re: WR, and speaking for myself, George Pickens was my said benchmark w/the signing of Mack, and.... don't think anyone is disappointed w/the Khalil signing, and.... a coupla few years from now, am quite certain of which player will be making the larger contribution.

sometimes taking the cheese has its consequences....
          5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
            & ramblin' man
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

1. Let Herbie loose. Give him green light to take more shots downfield...and start scrambling for first downs. Rest of the season should be 2 minute drill.
            agree w/this, and which has always been the case, and ever since the departure of Steichen, albeit not sure am on board w/the addendums to the above.

and do think there is an undercurrent/longshore drift, ripping thru things, and that is not so readily apparent, or @least the some of us are not yet so ready to admit.

many of us were in favor of sticking w/Storm rather than chancing things w/Jamaree.

many were/still are in favor of Spiller rather than Kelley.

and few had thought that we might be better off w/Alohi rather than the Nas.

how many other questionable personnel decisions are responsible for setting the tone w/this roster ??

backup QB room, announcing Pips as starter w/no heed paid to Salyer there, do we have two weakside/OLBs @MLB (eye miss Denzel most every weekend), JT Woods.... letting certain players go, retaining others ??

and not to mention (sometimes grossly) overpaying for star players w/major injury histories.... Bosa, Linsley, MW, Mack, Derwin.... am not aware of JC Jackson's injury history, albeit he obviously has not gotten off to a clean start this season, and.... even Keenan is someone who I would consider an injury concern.

and there are others w/the such, and that we are counting on, i.e. Tranq, Parham, Ekeler, Callahan....

this (personnel) is the root cause of things, @least me thinx/suspects, and.... the fact is that team Tommy John is a harmonious working relationship, and which begs the question:

John Spanos is not going to work w/someone that is in any way agitating, and so.... do we persist w/a GM that gets along well w/his boss and keeps peace in the FO, or do we need someone that is an NFL draft sleuth/soothsayer, and perhaps a bit of a bother for the parade of agents looking to get over the top value for their player clients ??

and I know that most in here are quick to shoot down other's suggestions, albeit they have none of their own, and.... had once upon a time suggested the likes of a John Dorsey working w/Spanos, and to bring DJ in as Asst GM or more recently as GM, and.... currently have the names of Brian Flores, Joe Brady and Ron Rivera as men of intrigue as Chargers coaches.

also have to add that the all of 'em.... TT, young John and Staley are all responsible for keeping Herbert @the helm, despite risk of very serious injury.... big, big blunder and lack of respect, again me thinx.

will also add that Herbert is also (extremely/absolutely) responsible for taking/staying on the field as well.

will also add the obvious, that team Tommy John has had a string of first round successes of late as well, and....

injuries, like most other football (operations) are a manageable commodity/aspect of things, and.... our FO has left this roster highly vulnerable/susceptible to injury, and it has played out as just the such.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I agree. Sebastian Joseph Day says they have the grit and the fight but need to work on the details. I just don’t see the grit or fight either Sebastian. Pushed around is right. Staley said they would be an”line of scrimmage” team. They clearly weren’t that yesterday. Far from it
              SJD is providing leadership after the Chargers were defeated in the trenches on both sides of the football.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                Smooth Operation
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                I looked at all the people TT brought in for our defense and I thought we would be a very strong defense but we are a lousy defense. We can't stop the run and we have WR's running wide open in our secondary. Our pass rush is poor too. I still see some real good players on this defense and I conclude it's the coaching. This staff hasn't been able to show these players how to play together.

I look at all the injuries to the offense and I can understand why they aren't living up to expectations, but the defense doesn't have that excuse. I've been a Charger fan for a long time and I've seldom been this disappointed with the team. We have way to good of a lineup to get pushed around like we are.
                Our defensive performance was supposed to key off Khalil Mack + Joey Bosa.

NFL offenses can feast these days.

Looking at the SF & SEA model, LAC needs better depth on defense up front.

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
                  Beef Before Gazelles
                  • May 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Dislocated kneecap is painful as hell, but if there's no other damage, recovery is a matter of how long it takes the patellar tendons to tighten up.

If there's other damage, too? That's a whole other story. He'll be out a while for certain, but good news if the ACL, MCL and LCL ligaments are okay.
                  Yeah, well it turns out that Jackson's patellar tendon is RUPTURED, so... that's it for the year.

Good news is that this injury typically heals fully.

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Our defensive performance was supposed to key off Khalil Mack + Joey Bosa.

NFL offenses can feast these days.

Looking at the SF & SEA model, LAC needs better depth on defense up front.
                    It was a mistake to count on both of those guys staying healthy. Should have kept Chenna

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                      Smooth Operation
                      • May 2017
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

It was a mistake to count on both of those guys staying healthy. Should have kept Chenna
                      Agree 1000%, looking back.

Of course we remember this Staley analytic.

"EDGE guys end up playing 75%-90% of the available snaps-they tend to stay healthy."

Comment

• jamrock
                        lawyers, guns and money
                        • Sep 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Agree 1000%, looking back.

Of course we remember this Staley analytic.

"EDGE guys end up playing 75%-90% of the available snaps-they tend to stay healthy."
                        Staley is gonna die by analytics

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Keenan Allen pulled himself at halftime. Didn’t feel like he had a burst

Comment

Working...
                          X