Seahawks @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Meltdown (Week 7)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Air Coryell
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jan 2021
    • Carlsbad, CA
    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
    • Send PM

Originally posted by electricgold View Post
    Herbert didn't play well! Falcons, 49ers and Chiefs are our next 3. Hope we are not at 500 or worse after we play these next teams. It seems like coach Staley wants the team to rest and come back from the bye ready for the 2nd half of the season.

We need to win 2 of the next 3 games! Hope Herbert comes back healthy and the oline gets it together.
    49ers and chiefs will be blowout loses. Falcons run the ball and have a running QB. expect a closer loss. Will be 4-6 on our way to 6 -11.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Aug 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
      THUMP......Ok I am officially off of the Staley fan wagon. Three weeks in a row this team has arrived unprepared and unmotivated it seems to play football. Double digit deficits in all 3. Staley GAVE Cleveland the win, their kicker just failed to execute. All facets of our team are lacking. Our D is defined by gashing run plays and wide open receivers......sometimes we don't have guys in the same zip code it seems. This is embarrassing, frustrating and now IMHO it needs to change.
      The team has no offense other than the predictable stuff Lombardi runs. The defense, even after acquiring many players, is still struggling to stop the run and get off the field on third downs.

Staley needs to bring in experienced coordinators for the O and D. Maybe then he'll do better. Because it's not working with Lombardi and Hill.

Comment

• QSmokey
        Guardedly Optimistic
        • Jun 2013
        • Kuna, Idaho
        • Retired
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

JC was clearly struggling but the comparisons to Gaither are not faintly close to accurate. Everyone on the entire team knew Gaither was loafing and lazy - none of that faintly describes anything we have heard about JC. The knee jerk reaction like cutting guys is exactly what the team should not do.
        Whether he's lazy or just sucks is sort of immaterial, to me anyway. There are no 'participation trophies' issued in the NFL. The fact that Jackson is 'trying' - and still can't get it done - should mean nothing to anyone interested in seeing the team improve. He's not performing, he hasn't performed, and he's been a bust. I guess we could continue, once he's healthy, to throw him out there and let him give his best effort, but since you believe he *has* been giving his best effort (at least that's what you implied) then he's lack of production should be proof enough. At some point you to let go of bad investments. Or you can hang on to them and hope. I'm beyond hoping with Jackson.

Comment

• QSmokey
          Guardedly Optimistic
          • Jun 2013
          • Kuna, Idaho
          • Retired
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Comparing JC to Gaither is kind of messed up.
          How 'bout JC Boston? Is that less messed up? The point being he was a failed, big name FA signing. Doesn't really matter the reason. Not to me.

Comment

• Air Coryell
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2021
            • Carlsbad, CA
            • Teacher, Coach, CFO
            • Send PM

Yes it is. Gaither had talent, no heart.

Comment

• Topcat
              AKA "Pollcat"
              • Jan 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

The team has no offense other than the predictable stuff Lombardi runs. The defense, even after acquiring many players, is still struggling to stop the run and get off the field on third downs.

Staley needs to bring in experienced coordinators for the O and D. AND THEN FIRE HIMSELF. Maybe then he'll do better. Because it's not working with Lombardi and Hill.
              There...fixed it for 'ya!

Comment

• Topcat
                AKA "Pollcat"
                • Jan 2019
                • Send PM

True. At least JC was trying. Honestly, I think JC apparantly thrives in certain systems...but whatever Staley/Hill are running, he sure had a hard time adapting...

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post

49ers and chiefs will be blowout loses. Falcons run the ball and have a running QB. expect a closer loss. Will be 4-6 on our way to 6 -11.
                  Sad, but it's sure looking that way right now...end of season, clean house, including TT...

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Sad, but it's sure looking that way right now...end of season, clean house, including TT...
                    If it doesn't start with Tom Telesco - since we know it won't be John Boy, whats the use of changing coaches. Again

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

So much for Spiller and Bandy saving the day.

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Whatever it takes for drastic action to be taken.

I had a dream some billionaire bought the team and stood up at the introductory press conference and said he was going to move the team to some small town in the middle of nowhere and said he'd prefer to play at the local high school in front of real fans than beg to be the 2nd rate tenant at another owners' stadium.
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
                          Those all blue color rush uniforms are the worst regular season Charger uniforms in their history. They were a novelty for the past Thursday Night games when every team had their funky color rush ones. Why they chose them as part of this season’s uniforms is beyond me.
                          I like them. There’s a lot of boring uniforms around football, those are not.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X