Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fleet 1
    TPB Founder
    • Jun 2013
    • Kauai
    • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

You are forgetting me stumping hard for Hurts, really wanted him here as I figured we had no shot at the top 3 and all Hurts has ever done is win. Philly got a steal. And yes, glad to eat a ton of Herbert crow. Just sad nothing Staley does seems to work.
    Pounded by the armchair GMs for it. lol Its always been his heart and work ethic for me personally. I also thought that the NFL was headed in his direction. Perfect fit for todays NFL. They can beat you in the run and pass game. The D is amazing also. But Shane has done great with Jalen and that offense. It should at least send a big middle finger to the Bolt fans that wanted no part of him. I was more concerned with Lynn tweaking shit. I think Shane could have evolved with JH. I know JH is nursing ribs...but if he were healthy...i doubt we try and use his legs much. Under utilize our best player....and surround him with slow players who dont have enough time to get open. The other thing is Steichen just started to roll JH out all the time and let him made plays downfield. It allows things to slow down and open up if we roll him out. I was watching Jalen make these huge roll outs last night...then he would have a WR 3 different levels coming across the field. Perfect concept for Jalen.

Comment

• Air Coryell
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2021
      • Carlsbad, CA
      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      Palmer, Bandy, Moore, and 2 of the following 3, Joe Reed, Keelan Doss and John Hightower. That is likely your receiving group for the Chargers on Sunday. Delete one of those names if Carter feels well enough to play but he has an "illness". I feel you Carter. Makes me sick too.
      Rivers would make it work. JH has the ability to also make it work. Just give home a little help from Joe Vince.

Comment

• Topcat
        AKA "Pollcat"
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

Kind of felt like he was trying to create a bridge between the 2 teams. Like he was also hinting to the Saints he wants to be in Cali. I also think Brees has been laying the groundwork for a possible return in some fashion. Coaching or front office. Maybe ownership. And he loves JH.

My friend who gave me the "Bosa Holdout" and Rivers Packing Up His House" intel was the one to tell me Brees wants to lead a group of investors to buy the chargers. Really plugged into the professional sports scene from a Lawyer/Agent scene. I still think about that rumor. And i tend to wonder if all the Payton stuff is evolving right before our eyes. The Brees intel was given to me when he retired. Payton was still coach. Now Payton since retired and seemingly inching his way closer to LA. Brees also quickly finished his house next to my moms at the Kukuiula Club and promptly sold it the day after it was listed. For 20+ million. This was maybe back in June. He liquidated all his Kauai stuff. Just odd considering how much he loves it here. He is also a Legacy member. Like my family. Meaning he was 1 of the first 25 people to join the club years ago. They dont even do legacy membership now because the club is so massive, He is stlll a member but with no property now. Its weird to me (Topcat not his condo)

Ill say this...i bet Payton wants this job bad. Its LA. Its sunny. Its an amazing QB. And it seems like former Saints are buzzing around this team. Payton. Brees. Lombo.

I dont hate Staley. I went from Arians...Shanahan...Daboll so ive always sort of wanted an offensive minded coach over the years. Id even take Staley if his own D could stop making me wonder why its so bad under this D genius. lol
        Heck, I'd even be okay with keeping Lombo here, IF he's just QB coach like he was with the Saints...as long as Payton calls the plays, that's a huge upgrade from what we've got now...but...would Lombo be okay with the demotion?

Comment

• blueman
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Pounded by the armchair GMs for it. lol Its always been his heart and work ethic for me personally. I also thought that the NFL was headed in his direction. Perfect fit for todays NFL. They can beat you in the run and pass game. The D is amazing also. But Shane has done great with Jalen and that offense. It should at least send a big middle finger to the Bolt fans that wanted no part of him. I was more concerned with Lynn tweaking shit. I think Shane could have evolved with JH. I know JH is nursing ribs...but if he were healthy...i doubt we try and use his legs much. Under utilize our best player....and surround him with slow players who dont have enough time to get open. The other thing is Steichen just started to roll JH out all the time and let him made plays downfield. It allows things to slow down and open up if we roll him out. I was watching Jalen make these huge roll outs last night...then he would have a WR 3 different levels coming across the field. Perfect concept for Jalen.
          Amazing what an insightful OC can do with a talented and dedicated QB. Eagles are exactly what I hoped the Chargers would be by this time, sucks for us.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Bandy Bandwagon Bandits. This is your game. The football gods have cleared the deck for your dude.
            12 Catches for 123 and 2TDs.
            :koolaid:
            Who has it better than us?

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

If you watched last night’s game you probably also saw the graphic on the players they added this season. Every one was hit. No misses. Surrounding Jalen with An Brown and Dontae Smith doesn’t hurt either. What really hurts (no pun intended) is that we had Steichen in the building doing a good job. He and Pep were keepers for Herbert. We let them both go. For what?

Comment

• Boltx
                Dominate the day
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Kind of felt like he was trying to create a bridge between the 2 teams. Like he was also hinting to the Saints he wants to be in Cali. I also think Brees has been laying the groundwork for a possible return in some fashion. Coaching or front office. Maybe ownership. And he loves JH.

My friend who gave me the "Bosa Holdout" and Rivers Packing Up His House" intel was the one to tell me Brees wants to lead a group of investors to buy the chargers. Really plugged into the professional sports scene from a Lawyer/Agent scene. I still think about that rumor. And i tend to wonder if all the Payton stuff is evolving right before our eyes. The Brees intel was given to me when he retired. Payton was still coach. Now Payton since retired and seemingly inching his way closer to LA. Brees also quickly finished his house next to my moms at the Kukuiula Club and promptly sold it the day after it was listed. For 20+ million. This was maybe back in June. He liquidated all his Kauai stuff. Just odd considering how much he loves it here. He is also a Legacy member. Like my family. Meaning he was 1 of the first 25 people to join the club years ago. They dont even do legacy membership now because the club is so massive, He is stlll a member but with no property now. Its weird to me (Topcat not his condo)

Ill say this...i bet Payton wants this job bad. Its LA. Its sunny. Its an amazing QB. And it seems like former Saints are buzzing around this team. Payton. Brees. Lombo.

I dont hate Staley. I went from Arians...Shanahan...Daboll so ive always sort of wanted an offensive minded coach over the years. Id even take Staley if his own D could stop making me wonder why its so bad under this D genius. lol
                Was it The Gardener??
                ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Fleet 1
                  Fleet 1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  LMAO
              • Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

If you watched last night’s game you probably also saw the graphic on the players they added this season. Every one was hit. No misses. Surrounding Jalen with An Brown and Dontae Smith doesn’t hurt either. What really hurts (no pun intended) is that we had Steichen in the building doing a good job. He and Pep were keepers for Herbert. We let them both go. For what?
                Especially with a D minded coach. I really thought he would come in and build off what we had. Which was a rookie QB setting records and what not.

Comment

• QSmokey
                  Guardedly Optimistic
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Kuna, Idaho
                  • Retired
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

Was it The Gardener??
                  He actually spelled it (incorrectly) as "The Gardner".

Comment

• Caslon
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Apr 2019
                    • Send PM

With Lombardi mostly likely having to somewhat radically alter his playbook, put in new plays and practice them… this bye week will have to suffice as a mini training camp of sorts. Yikes!

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

I wonder how Herbert's ribs are doing? I'm thinking if he could start running again that could give the offense a kick start that it so badly needs. Ever since he had the rib injury that element of our offense is something the opposition doesn't need to even think about.
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Caslon
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                        I wonder how Herbert's ribs are doing? I'm thinking if he could start running again that could give the offense a kick start that it so badly needs. Ever since he had the rib injury that element of our offense is something the opposition doesn't need to even think about.
                        If Herbert had the players he had before the great desimation, he’d be tossing 300 yard games all over the place, even with his current partially healed ribs situation.

Comment

Working...
                        X