Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TexanBeerlover
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    Just arrived in Atlanta with the wife after a 4 hour drive from Nashville. Touristy stuff onSaturday, game on Sunday.

Life is good!
    Your the man so be the man. Represent. Just hope it doesn’t go south and force you to become mattress Mac. :whistlin:

Comment

• Caslon
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2019
      • Send PM

May you be picked in the stands by the TV booth and shown to us back here! What will your clan be wearing? Something referencing TPB!

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
        Let's do this!
        • Aug 2022
        • Raleigh N. Carolina
        • Send PM

Originally posted by TexanBeerlover View Post

Your the man so be the man. Represent. Just hope it doesn’t go south and force you to become mattress Mac. :whistlin:
        I've been to Bolts road games in 12 different cities and Falcons fans were amongst the worst, total assholes. Hopefully the new stadium is a better experience.

Comment

• Air Coryell
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jan 2021
          • Carlsbad, CA
          • Teacher, Coach, CFO
          • Send PM

We have a decent chance to win in Atlanta. Would not be surprised if we lose. But make no mistake about it, we will get blown out by the 49ers and chiefs over the following 2 weeks. They are talented and very well coached.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

You have to let your new hired HC to pick his own staff.
            And let me remind you that there were many in here that wanted Steichen gone as well.

I think the only coach we all liked was Pep.
            Staley made a mistake by letting both of those guys go. As did he many in here I guess.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
              Just arrived in Atlanta with the wife after a 4 hour drive from Nashville. Touristy stuff onSaturday, game on Sunday.

Life is good!
              Oh you brought the wife. Cancel Magic city

Comment

• Caslon
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Apr 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                We have a decent chance to win in Atlanta. Would not be surprised if we lose. But make no mistake about it, we will get blown out by the 49ers and chiefs over the following 2 weeks. They are talented and very well coached.
                This group needs a collective team effort. That means players not taking it upon themselves to win the game single handildly by themselves and causing a gaffe. Do your part, no need to try and do more. That leads to missed opportunities and errors. I’m gonna be jazzed to see this team at 5-3. We’ll need that record for some upcoming games

Comment

• 21&500
                  Bolt Spit-Baller
                  • Sep 2018
                  • A Whale's Vajayjay
                  • CMB refugee
                  • Send PM

My simplified take is that we need to take more risks than what we've shown.
                  at full-strength, the Lombardi offense is sophisticated and multiple, but currently conservative and unimaginative.
                  If Herbert is deemed healthy enough to start a game, he needs to be trusted to occasionally do Herbert-like things, beyond taking what the D is giving.
                  If Herbert can't play to his standards, I don't see why we're risking him any further, simply trot out Chase to check-down to Ekeler on every 3rd down.

Palmer and McKitty both have great opportunities tomorrow.
                  Carter I don't believe is anything more than a ST guy who occasionally gets open, but that'll have to do.

We are still the more talented team on both sides of the ball, and their coach hasn't proven to be anything more than a first year HC, so we should absolutely witness a convincing win if we shore up redzone D.
                  G-Ro knows.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Staley made a mistake by letting both of those guys go. As did he many in here I guess.
                    Letting Pep go was a huge mistake. That was an organization failure not understanding the current rules of the NFL.

Pep with Herbert would have been on the fast track to a head coaching job. Not to mention Pep did a very good job with Herbert

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                      at full-strength, the Lombardi offense is sophisticated and multiple, but currently conservative and unimaginative.
                      If Herbert is deemed healthy enough to start a game, he needs to be trusted to occasionally do Herbert-like things, beyond taking what the D is giving.
                      If Herbert can't play to his standards, I don't see why we're risking him any further, simply trot out Chase to check-down to Ekeler on every 3rd down.

Carter I don't believe is anything more than a ST guy who occasionally gets open, but that'll have to do.

We are still the more talented team on both sides of the ball, and their coach hasn't proven to be anything more than a first year HC, so we should absolutely witness a convincing win if we shore up redzone D.
                      I want to see the wishbone with Stick tomorrow. I want to see some imagination basically. i want to see a coaching staff understand the normal players are not on offense so adapt the offense to try to catch the Falcons off-guard.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2021
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Spot on.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2021
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Letting Pep go was a huge mistake. That was an organization failure not understanding the current rules of the NFL.

Pep with Herbert would have been on the fast track to a head coaching job. Not to mention Pep did a very good job with Herbert
                          Pep is flailing in Houston. Which demonstrates it’s all about the players you have to work with.

Comment

Working...
                          X