Chargers @ Falcons Pre Game Thread (Week 9)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Palmer, Bandy, Moore, and 2 of the following 3, Joe Reed, Keelan Doss and John Hightower. That is likely your receiving group for the Chargers on Sunday. Delete one of those names if Carter feels well enough to play but he has an "illness". I feel you Carter. Makes me sick too.

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
      Palmer, Bandy, Moore, and 2 of the following 3, Joe Reed, Keelan Doss and John Hightower. That is likely your receiving group for the Chargers on Sunday. Delete one of those names if Carter feels well enough to play but he has an "illness". I feel you Carter. Makes me sick too.
      Getting open vs Atl's pass D is like shooting fish in a barrel. The Horror! Makes me kinda nauseous too.

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
        Serenity now!
        • Sep 2021
        • North Carolina
        • Teacher
        • Send PM

Fuck it.

With the WR core we will have for this one, let's go to the Wishbone.

Comment

• Berserker76
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I don't think I've ever seen a team come off a bye week with more injuries than when they went into the bye week. Hard to fathom how that is even possible.
          This team has been kind of soft for a few years now, it's just getting softer.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by The Intellectual Assassin View Post
            Fuck it.

With the WR core we will have for this one, let's go to the Wishbone.
            Not with Herbert but a few plays with Stick - I am all for it

Seriously - that would be a wrinkle for the Falcons defense. Do you run it the whole game - of course not.. Do you run it a few plays here and there to move the chains - why not

Comment

• Fleet 1
              TPB Founder
              • Jun 2013
              • Kauai
              • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

If Payton makes it clear to New Orleans that we're the only team he's interested in going to, we could maybe get him without giving up a 1st. If there's any sort of bidding war (looking at you Cowboys) it'll likely take at least a 1st. Cincinatti is my dark horse to get involved.
              Kind of felt like he was trying to create a bridge between the 2 teams. Like he was also hinting to the Saints he wants to be in Cali. I also think Brees has been laying the groundwork for a possible return in some fashion. Coaching or front office. Maybe ownership. And he loves JH.

My friend who gave me the "Bosa Holdout" and Rivers Packing Up His House" intel was the one to tell me Brees wants to lead a group of investors to buy the chargers. Really plugged into the professional sports scene from a Lawyer/Agent scene. I still think about that rumor. And i tend to wonder if all the Payton stuff is evolving right before our eyes. The Brees intel was given to me when he retired. Payton was still coach. Now Payton since retired and seemingly inching his way closer to LA. Brees also quickly finished his house next to my moms at the Kukuiula Club and promptly sold it the day after it was listed. For 20+ million. This was maybe back in June. He liquidated all his Kauai stuff. Just odd considering how much he loves it here. He is also a Legacy member. Like my family. Meaning he was 1 of the first 25 people to join the club years ago. They dont even do legacy membership now because the club is so massive, He is stlll a member but with no property now. Its weird to me (Topcat not his condo)

Ill say this...i bet Payton wants this job bad. Its LA. Its sunny. Its an amazing QB. And it seems like former Saints are buzzing around this team. Payton. Brees. Lombo.

I dont hate Staley. I went from Arians...Shanahan...Daboll so ive always sort of wanted an offensive minded coach over the years. Id even take Staley if his own D could stop making me wonder why its so bad under this D genius. lol

Comment

• Fleet 1
                TPB Founder
                • Jun 2013
                • Kauai
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Getting maximum performance out of Herbert is surely worth a Round 1, and how.

We cannot take our QBs development for granted.

It may be that it's Sean Payton OR it's a complete fail on Herbert's career @ LAC.
                I think that in a nutshell is where im at with this team. JH regressing is a massive concern. Im still a little shocked we signed D guru and simply flicked a QB coach his direction to take care of all things offense. This is why i was hoping we could keep Shane or Pep in some fashion. I understand the Shane offense and Lombardi offense leave a lot to be desired...but we didnt have the OL investment Lombardi has. You look at what he has done for a totally different style of QB and he has done a great job. Am i the only one that wanted to draft Hurts over JH? lol. I love Justin. Made me eat a ton of crow. I think Steichen is showing he had a clue. He is evolving. Probably a safe way to continue building with JH.

Comment

• CivilBolt
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Just saw on Chargers youtube labeling this game as battle of the ducks… we are sitting ducks alright :nod:

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fleet 1 View Post

I think that in a nutshell is where im at with this team. JH regressing is a massive concern. Im still a little shocked we signed D guru and simply flicked a QB coach his direction to take care of all things offense. This is why i was hoping we could keep Shane or Pep in some fashion. I understand the Shane offense and Lombardi offense leave a lot to be desired...but we didnt have the OL investment Lombardi has. You look at what he has done for a totally different style of QB and he has done a great job. Am i the only one that wanted to draft Hurts over JH? lol. I love Justin. Made me eat a ton of crow. I think Steichen is showing he had a clue. He is evolving. Probably a safe way to continue building with JH.
                    You are forgetting me stumping hard for Hurts, really wanted him here as I figured we had no shot at the top 3 and all Hurts has ever done is win. Philly got a steal. And yes, glad to eat a ton of Herbert crow. Just sad nothing Staley does seems to work.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post

You are forgetting me stumping hard for Hurts, really wanted him here as I figured we had no shot at the top 3 and all Hurts has ever done is win. Philly got a steal. And yes, glad to eat a ton of Herbert crow. Just sad nothing Staley does seems to work.
                      Still not sold on Hurts. A lot of football left this season, then let's see how the Eagles do in the playoffs. One thing working in the Eagles' favor though is that the NFC is pretty weak this season.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Re Steichen, see Sirianni.
                        :nod:
                        We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Berserker76
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2019
                          • Send PM

Kind of felt like he was trying to create a bridge between the 2 teams. Like he was also hinting to the Saints he wants to be in Cali. I also think Brees has been laying the groundwork for a possible return in some fashion. Coaching or front office. Maybe ownership. And he loves JH.

My friend who gave me the "Bosa Holdout" and Rivers Packing Up His House" intel was the one to tell me Brees wants to lead a group of investors to buy the chargers. Really plugged into the professional sports scene from a Lawyer/Agent scene. I still think about that rumor. And i tend to wonder if all the Payton stuff is evolving right before our eyes. The Brees intel was given to me when he retired. Payton was still coach. Now Payton since retired and seemingly inching his way closer to LA. Brees also quickly finished his house next to my moms at the Kukuiula Club and promptly sold it the day after it was listed. For 20+ million. This was maybe back in June. He liquidated all his Kauai stuff. Just odd considering how much he loves it here. He is also a Legacy member. Like my family. Meaning he was 1 of the first 25 people to join the club years ago. They dont even do legacy membership now because the club is so massive, He is stlll a member but with no property now. Its weird to me (Topcat not his condo)

Ill say this...i bet Payton wants this job bad. Its LA. Its sunny. Its an amazing QB. And it seems like former Saints are buzzing around this team. Payton. Brees. Lombo.

I dont hate Staley. I went from Arians...Shanahan...Daboll so ive always sort of wanted an offensive minded coach over the years. Id even take Staley if his own D could stop making me wonder why its so bad under this D genius. lol
                          Reason for hope in this intel.

Comment

Working...
                          X