Chiefs at Chargers Pregame Discussion (Week 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ghost
    The Rise of Kellen Moore
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I have no complaints about the defense.
    I think our depth situation is putting the coaches into a situation of flirting with missing the playoffs.

But Lombardi? Hell no. Lombardi himself said he was too conservative in two games we lost.

And did you watch the SF game? Same FFin run up the gut for no gain on 1st and 10’s. So predictable and such a waste. Did you already forget you were screaming epitaphs at the TV when you watched that?
    We are not going to agree on Lombardi. I do not see the issue being scheme or coaching. As far as running it up the gut, you are really going to hate this answer, but it's keeping the defense honest. Fact is, Tre McKitty catches that ball late in the game in the red zone and he scores and puts the Chargers up by 1. Again, depth issues have reared their ugly head (see a theme?).

Comment

• wu-dai clan
      Smooth Operation
      • May 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

I have no complaints about the defense.

But Lombardi? Hell no. Lombardi himself said he was too conservative in two games we lost.

And did you watch the SF game? Same FFin run up the gut for no gain on 1st and 10’s. So predictable and such a waste. Did you already forget you were screaming epitaphs at the TV when you watched that?
      Drake's
      Hopocalypse Hopium
      IPA
      FTW.
      KC ?
      We got this.
      We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
        It's pathetic.
        It's ALL pathetic.
        Worse than Titanic.
        Now they are bombing Poland.

wu will be in the corner
        drinking schooner after schooner
        of Drake's "Hopocalypse."
        Appropriate.
        I already posted and vented on a geo-political forum with Ukrainians.

Back to football. All this political talk, using my best Torgo reference, 'the master would not approve....'

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

The last time the Bolts hired an outside consultant, we got Milquetoast Mikey for HC...
          Yup. IMO, Each time an opportunity arises, the most important thing to the Spanos clan is maintaining John's power base in the front office, NOT landing a winning coach.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Yup. IMO, Each time an opportunity arises, the most important thing to the Spanos clan is maintaining John's power base in the front office, NOT landing a winning coach.
            Hiring a proven winner in Marty - look how good that team was. I get the playoff record but he at least got the team to the playoffs to lose play off games

but like you said, if somebody comes in and relegates John Boy - that would be bad, very very bad.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Beerman 1418461]

I already posted and vented on a geo-political forum with Ukrainians.

Back to football. All this political talk, using my best Torgo reference, 'the master would not approve....'[/QUOTE]

I did not ID "they."
              But Drake's Hopocalypse
              is local, delicious,
              and 4.5 stars @ Beer Advocate.:thumbsup:
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
                The Rise of Kellen Moore
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Hiring a proven winner in Marty - look how good that team was. I get the playoff record but he at least got the team to the playoffs to lose play off games

but like you said, if somebody comes in and relegates John Boy - that would be bad, very very bad.
                Alex personally wanted Marty hired because he was sick and tired of losing. That is how I remember that going down.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Alex personally wanted Marty hired because he was sick and tired of losing. That is how I remember that going down.
                  And Deno and son's probably love Staley because he agrees with everything they think/say; and very convincingly.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                    We Are The Storm!
                    • Aug 2018
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

Since you have just proclaimed yourself as one of the intelligent ones, and declared it's not bad luck, please tell all of us unintelligent ones - what is the cause?
                    Looks like most here have already answered that question for ya.Root of this teams problems are actually at the very top of the dysfunctional tree.

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post

Looks like most here have already answered that question for ya.Root of this teams problems are actually at the very top of the dysfunctional tree.
                      That's a management problem but it doesn't explain this injury problem. Over the years they have had different trainers and medical people but these issues remain. Then, think of this, - they had a very good year with little injury trouble last year but we had the same owners, trainers, and medical people. Also, some are saying it's the artificial turf but we played on that last year without an issue.

So, the question I asked is - if's it not bad luck, what is it? Your answer was not satisfactory. Care to try again?
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Lol not satisfactory?To whom?Ya dont like my answer which points to the one resounding fact of this loser franchise then scroll right along my man.

Comment

• Critty
                          Dominate the Day.
                          • Mar 2019
                          • Send PM

Most injured team 2020.
                          49ers 6-10.

Most injured team 2021.
                          Ravens 8-9.

So far, Most injured team 2022.
                          Chargers 5-4.

I would say 49ers and Ravens have good coaches and do a pretty good job adding talent to their teams. One team will be the most injured every year. If Chargers can survive and punch a ticket into post season.......then it could be said that Staley did a better job overcoming injury than Harbaugh and Shanahan.

:stirringshit:
                          Who has it better than us?

Comment

Working...
                          X