Chiefs at Chargers Pregame Discussion (Week 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Assuming it takes 10 wins to make the playoffs, I see this path for the Chargers:

They close the season in late Dec - early Jan @ Colts, v Rams, @ Broncos. If they have KA/MA, Bosa, Parham & Kelley all playing, they will beat these teams.

They just have to win at least two of the next five: v Chiefs, @Ariz, @Vegas, v 'Fins, v Titans.

I don't know how they are going to rebuild the IDL with Otito gone and we don't know the status of Christian Covington. But with these five players back they are good enough in every other area. Slater might be able to return in the post-season.
    I am not getting in to the which games you win or lose
    I just am most concerned with getting some players on the roster at DLine and WR this week. Maybe Allen and MW come back. That would be huge. But for the DLine, they need more players than just elevating Gaziano and any other PS player.

Comment

• fanatic
      Registered Chiefs Fan
      • Dec 2021
      • Southern California
      • Realtor
      • Send PM

Assuming it takes 10 wins to make the playoffs, I see this path for the Chargers:

They close the season in late Dec - early Jan @ Colts, v Rams, @ Broncos. If they have KA/MA, Bosa, Parham & Kelley all playing, they will beat these teams.

They just have to win at least two of the next five: v Chiefs, @Ariz, @Vegas, v 'Fins, v Titans.

I don't know how they are going to rebuild the IDL with Otito gone and we don't know the status of Christian Covington. But with these five players back they are good enough in every other area. Slater might be able to return in the post-season.
      Yes getting those guys back is a game changer. 5-4 is not a disaster. I thought the Chargers were the better team against KC and should have won that game. I will not be shocked if they win Sunday. Its like a super bowl game for the Chargers and the Chiefs tend to get a little arrogant. Chargers should be all over this opportunity. I expect a dog fight.

Comment

• chargeroo
        Fan since 1961
        • Jan 2019
        • Oregon
        • Retired Manager/Pastor
        • Send PM

If we have to play with these same WR's as last night we won't have a chance. Even with the regulars back, the Chiefs will be heavy favorites. Right now, we are basically playing with only one capable receiver.
        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
          I just am most concerned with getting some players on the roster at DLine and WR this week.
          Same here. The WRs will return sometime this season. I'm most concerned with the D line. Of been reading a lot of suggestions regarding signing Suh. What do you think?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Same here. The WRs will return sometime this season. I'm most concerned with the D line. Of been reading a lot of suggestions regarding signing Suh. What do you think?
            I think Suh is a long shot
            Linval Joseph - I think is viable
            Isaac Rochelle - might be viable
            Malik Jackson
            Sheldon richardson

And its just not about this week. The Chargers have 8 games to go - they will need better play from the DLine. This week against the Chiefs is a long shot - but maybe get them in this week so they are better prepared for the Cardinals and Raiders, et al

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2021
              • San Diego
              • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
              KA needs to take his pre game stretch more seriously going forward. No more 8 game missing muscle pulls.
              I'll bet it was more like a tear and not just a pull. Which is why he's mentioned scar tissue

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post

Charger injuries are hard to believe year after year. KC has been very lucky for the most part except prior to their last superbowl game. KC has a give the guy an extra week approach and plays it real safe with injuries.
                Even so you need to be a little lucky. Chargers must be cursed. Maybe the stupid politicians in San Diego got some vodoo going.
                If we borrowed Kelce for one game he would be on IR the next.

Comment

• foreigner
                  Tom Telesco is gone
                  • Sep 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

That would be effing correct...

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Send PM

In 2009 the DL was decimated when Jamal Williams went down for the year. There were some other injuries, but that was the most devastating. Big 'Mal had been the league's most dominant IDL for a number seasons - the Aaron Donald of his era.

Ron Rivera was the Chargers' DC then. He persuaded AJ to sign several DL that Rivera had while DC at Chicago. Two of them were veterans who were FA when the Chargers signed them, who had played for Rivera on the Bears' 2006 SB team: Ian Scott and Alfonso Boone.

The third was a younger player - Antonio Garay. AJ plucked him off the Jets' practice squad in Dec. 2009. I remember reading how ticked off Rex Ryan, then the Jets' HC, was about it, because Garay, who'd also been on the Bears' 2006 SB team, was a pretty decent player.

Rivera rotated these guys in and out to keep them fresh for the remainder of the 2009 campaign and it worked. The Chargers set a record for consecutive wins in 2009 and won the division (their last AFC West title). Garay took over Big 'Mal's role at NT. Nobody was ever going to replace Big 'Mal, but he was good enough to hold down the starting role at NT for a few seasons.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Come on man, no pity parties.

Comment

• lightsout42
                        Hire a winning coach
                        • Oct 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Both things can be true. I am not a Lombo fan, I hate his play calling but I also understand that with all the injuries we cannot even run his offense.
                        ^ that.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

In 2009 the DL was decimated when Jamal Williams went down for the year. There were some other injuries, but that was the most devastating. Big 'Mal had been the league's most dominant IDL for a number seasons - the Aaron Donald of his era.

Ron Rivera was the Chargers' DC then. He persuaded AJ to sign several DL that Rivera had while DC at Chicago. Two of them were veterans who were FA when the Chargers signed them, who had played for Rivera on the Bears' 2006 SB team: Ian Scott and Alfonso Boone.

The third was a younger player - Antonio Garay. AJ plucked him off the Jets' practice squad in Dec. 2009. I remember reading how ticked off Rex Ryan, then the Jets' HC, was about it, because Garay, who'd also been on the Bears' 2006 SB team, was a pretty decent player.

Rivera rotated these guys in and out to keep them fresh for the remainder of the 2009 campaign and it worked. The Chargers set a record for consecutive wins in 2009 and won the division (their last AFC West title). Garay took over Big 'Mal's role at NT. Nobody was ever going to replace Big 'Mal, but he was good enough to hold down the starting role at NT for a few seasons.
                          Rivera passed on Herbert and Tua for Chase Young. Obviously, He should have stayed a defensive coordinator

Comment

Working...
                          X