Chiefs at Chargers Pregame Discussion (Week 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Riverwalk
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

We had ONE decently injury-free season last year and now the football gods are making us pay with interest.

It's not even fair to try to face the Chiefs like this at this point.
    Before the bye, all the Polyannas were saying Chargers cruise into the playoffs because all the injured would return.

I was the only one that said that was foolish speculation as that wouldn’t be the end of injuries and as one returned one or more would go out.

The reality is more continue to get injured and lost then return each week and the expectation this team will ever be healthy is futile.

Spanos on down needs to figure why this is happening and draft or condition players differently in the future.

Comment

• Air Coryell
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2021
      • Carlsbad, CA
      • Teacher, Coach, CFO
      • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post

Playoffs?? LOL! The injuries, and the losses, will continue to pile up. This team has ZERO offense. Z-E-R-O. Probably one of the bottom 5 offenses in the League right now. The best thing about this season will be its ending. We need a total change in philosophy, coaches and FO. Failing that, we'll be having the exact same conversation this time next year. And the year after that.

Oh, and to stick with the topic of this thread, the Chiefs are licking their chops right now. They sew up the AFC Worst with their victory over the Chargers next Sunday. And I agree with Riverwalk: The powers that be should flex another game into the Sunday Night time slot.
      This ^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• fanatic
        Registered Chiefs Fan
        • Dec 2021
        • Southern California
        • Realtor
        • Send PM

I see another shoot out. KC has some guys potentially out in Shuster and Hardman. This WR Toney KC just picked at the trade deadline is awesome. Hard to believe the Giants gave up on him and KC gave up just a comp #3 and a 6th for a potential star on his year two rookie deal. He was the #20 pick in 2020. The Chiefs have plenty of other weapons to step up. Watch out for the three tight end sets. Used it against SF and Jags with great results. Did not have three TE available against Tenn.

Defense KC is getting some guys back and will be at 100%. KC defense is average but very very young. 5 new guys in the DB rotation and 4 are rookies. McDuffe is back and looks like a shut down corner. He missed the Charger game. KC had a fantastic draft this year and still has 10 picks in the upcoming draft. No cap hell either.

I really hope Williams and Allen are both playing. I think this will come down to who has the ball last. Should be a fun night. I will be at the game.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
          I see another shoot out. KC has some guys potentially out in Shuster and Hardman. This WR Toney KC just picked at the trade deadline is awesome. Hard to believe the Giants gave up on him and KC gave up just a comp #3 and a 6th for a potential star on his year two rookie deal. He was the #20 pick in 2020. The Chiefs have plenty of other weapons to step up. Watch out for the three tight end sets. Used it against SF and Jags with great results. Did not have three TE available against Tenn.

Defense KC is getting some guys back and will be at 100%. KC defense is average but very very young. 5 new guys in the DB rotation and 4 are rookies. McDuffe is back and looks like a shut down corner. He missed the Charger game. KC had a fantastic draft this year and still has 10 picks in the upcoming draft. No cap hell either.

I really hope both Williams and Allen are both playing. I think this will come down to who has the ball last. Should be a fun night. I will be at the game.
          “Shootout”? LOL

Chargers are averaging 19.5 PPG over the last 4 games. That’s like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

Comment

• fanatic
            Registered Chiefs Fan
            • Dec 2021
            • Southern California
            • Realtor
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

“Shootout”? LOL

Chargers are averaging 19.5 PPG over the last 4 games. That’s like bringing a knife to a gun fight.
            If KC had the injuries you guys have they would be just as challenged. With Allen and Williams back no reason you cant score against the KC rookie corners etc. Chargers only problem I see is excessive injuries all over the place. Its crazy. Herbert is an elite QB and like Mahomes needs his guys on the field.

If Chargers are healthy I think the advantage KC has is experience in big games and depth.

Comment

• Boltnut
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

If KC had the injuries you guys have they would be just as bad. With Allen and Williams back no reason you cant score against the KC rookie corners etc. Chargers only problem I see is excessive injuries all over the place. Its crazy. Herbert is an elite QB and like Mahomes needs his guys on the field.
              Leave it to a Chiefs fan to see the obvious... TPB could learn a lesson or two.
              BTW... would you guys like KA on your team next year...? TPB is done with him.

Comment

• fanatic
                Registered Chiefs Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Southern California
                • Realtor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

Leave it to a Chiefs fan to see the obvious... TPB could learn a lesson or two.
                BTW... would you guys like KA on your team next year...? TPB is done with him.
                Yes. Not sure he would fit under the cap though. LOL

Comment

• FoutsFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Feb 2019
                  • Birmingham AL
                  • Send PM

If KC had the injuries you guys have they would be just as challenged. With Allen and Williams back no reason you cant score against the KC rookie corners etc. Chargers only problem I see is excessive injuries all over the place. Its crazy. Herbert is an elite QB and like Mahomes needs his guys on the field.

If Chargers are healthy I think the advantage KC has is experience in big games and depth.
                  Many Charger fans here have no idea that the Chargers have anyone on the injured list.

Comment

• fanatic
                    Registered Chiefs Fan
                    • Dec 2021
                    • Southern California
                    • Realtor
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

Many Charger fans here have no idea that the Chargers have anyone on the injured list.
                    Charger injuries are hard to believe year after year. KC has been very lucky for the most part except prior to their last superbowl game. KC has a give the guy an extra week approach and plays it real safe with injuries.
                    Even so you need to be a little lucky. Chargers must be cursed. Maybe the stupid politicians in San Diego got some vodoo going.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post

No, I think that just about everyone realizes that. They just think it should not matter "cuz Lombo sux".

Comment

• FoutsFan
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Birmingham AL
                        • Send PM

Charger injuries are hard to believe year after year. KC has been very lucky for the most part except prior to their last superbowl game. KC has a give the guy an extra week approach and plays it real safe with injuries.
                        Even so you need to be a little lucky. Chargers must be cursed. Maybe the stupid politicians in San Diego got some vodoo going.
                        Its been extra Chargers this year.

Comment

• FoutsFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Feb 2019
                          • Birmingham AL
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

No, I think that just about everyone realizes that. They just think it should not matter "cuz Lombo sux".
                          Both things can be true. I am not a Lombo fan, I hate his play calling but I also understand that with all the injuries we cannot even run his offense.

Comment

Working...
                          X