Chiefs at Chargers Pregame Discussion (Week 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lightsout42
    Hire a winning coach
    • Oct 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Very stark and obvious comparison between the two org’s is that KC, which wasn’t desperate for a wR, went out and traded for toney and the chargers, in absolute need of a WR, did nothing
    Exactly this.

Comment

• fanatic
      Registered Chiefs Fan
      • Dec 2021
      • Southern California
      • Realtor
      • Send PM

KC Chiefs put in waiver claim on Jerry Tillery

ESPN reporter Adam Schefter reported that eight teams around the league submitted a waiver claim on Tillery after he was released by the Chargers last Thursday. The move was a surprising one for the Bolts given that Tillery was a former first-round investment, but the fourth-year defensive lineman was at odds with the team’s coaching staff over his playing time. General manager Tom Telesco decided to cut ties rather than try to force a fit.

The Chiefs were among the teams interested in Tillery and that’s not all that surprising given how general manager Brett Veach loves to provide a second home for recent early-round picks—from Reggie Ragland to Cam Erving to Deandre Baker to Mike Hughes to Kadarius Toney.

The Raiders won the rights to Tillery since they have the worst overall record of the teams that showcased an interest. The other teams, per Schefter, were the Detroit Lions, Carolina Panthers, Indianapolis Colts, San Francisco 49ers, New York Jets, and New York Giants.

Chargers coach Brandon Staley said DT Christian Covington suffered a torn pec in Week 10 and will likely miss the remainder of the season.

Per Staley, fellow Chargers defensive tackle Otito Ogbonnia is also out for the season after suffering a ruptured patellar tendon. The timing of the injuries couldn't be worse with LA parting ways with Jerry Tillery less than a week ago. Tillery had lost his starting job earlier in the season but would have returned to a prominent role because of the injuries at his position. Covington had 12 tackles and one TFL in four appearances this year.

Staley said the team is currently “mining the entire NFL” for depth at defensive tackle prior to this Sunday’s matchup with the Chiefs.

Comment

• fanatic
        Registered Chiefs Fan
        • Dec 2021
        • Southern California
        • Realtor
        • Send PM

Staley told the media that Keenan Allen, Mike Williams, and Chris Rumph II could all return to practice on Wednesday. So far this season, the duo of Allen and Williams have only shared the field for roughly 60 minutes of game time.

Having Allen and Williams back on the field to face the Chiefs would be the most welcomed sight to Chargers fans, but it’s still a little too early to get your hopes up. If there’s a chance any injuries could get worse, don’t expect the Chargers to put that guy out there this coming Sunday.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Who is going to play on the IDL for the Chargers Sunday night? They have two healthy players - Joseph-Day and Fehoko - that's it. They don't have any depth on the roster or on the practice squad.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
            Smooth Operation
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

Last night, we saw what StaleyD concepts look like.

Better health, couple of tweaks and we are there.

This is what progress looks like folks, instead of instant gratification.
            We do not play modern football.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
              Who is going to play on the IDL for the Chargers Sunday night? They have two healthy players - Joseph-Day and Fehoko - that's it. They don't have any depth on the roster or on the practice squad.
              Joe G is up. They’ll need to sign a couple of bodies

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                Since Balboa Stadium
                • Sep 2022
                • LA
                • Send PM

I am a bit bummed this is the one game I was going to this year(because the prices are just outrageous now)....I had four tickets to enjoy a beautiful Sunday 1:20 game...then the NFL changed it to Sunday nite which is not good for me...besides it being cold.

Now I am selling my tickets on ticketmaster....sold two of them...and because of the transaction fee am taking a loss on each.

Demand is not that good either. I was hoping if the Bolts won last nite demand would pick up..but alas...

Not gonna do that again. Almost $1000 to go to one game and that is not even that good of seats.

When i was a kid i sat under the scoreboard in the bleachers...for $4.00....anyone remember that?

Comment

• QuiteFrankly
                  Since Balboa Stadium
                  • Sep 2022
                  • LA
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by FoutsFan View Post
                  KA needs to take his pre game stretch more seriously going forward. No more 8 game missing muscle pulls.
                  What about Bosa? Played about 2 minutes this year. jeez...

Comment

• Charge!
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post
                    I am a bit bummed this is the one game I was going to this year(because the prices are just outrageous now)....I had four tickets to enjoy a beautiful Sunday 1:20 game...then the NFL changed it to Sunday nite which is not good for me...besides it being cold.

Now I am selling my tickets on ticketmaster....sold two of them...and because of the transaction fee am taking a loss on each.

Demand is not that good either. I was hoping if the Bolts won last nite demand would pick up..but alas...

Not gonna do that again. Almost $1000 to go to one game and that is not even that good of seats.

When i was a kid i sat under the scoreboard in the bleachers...for $4.00....anyone remember that?
                    i used to have season tickets from late 80's.... through the 90's.... mine were 40-45 each.... which does not even pay for parking today.....

Comment

• Berserker76
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by QuiteFrankly View Post

Last years Chiefs game was a sea of red. This year will be worse. Maybe Mahomes will get the flu or something.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                        Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                        • Feb 2019
                        • McLean Illinois
                        • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                        • Send PM

Practice squad protection kicks in today....surprised we didnt do some poaching...
                        Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• foreigner
                          Tom Telesco is gone
                          • Sep 2013
                          • Send PM

I think everything you own is a copy of your personality... laughingstock... losing team... can't keep healthy... can't make decent roster moves... sued by her own sister.. bullied by his brother in law.... I wonder how his dog looks like?

Comment

Working...
                          X