Chiefs @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Week 11)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Tomdutchy View Post
    If Staley and Lamebardo stay, I see Herbert going to another team. Especially with Spanos as owners.
    The Mannings said the quiet part out loud back in 2004. This isn’t a new problem

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Staley tried to hire Kevin O'Connell but the Rams blocked him - so he hired Lombardi. I would have kept Pep H at that point

Fangio was available this past offseason. His mentor. Yet, they didn't hire him.

Staley is in over is head. and its actually three hires McCoy, Lynn and Staley
      both Visor McCoy and Staley were the hot coaching candidates because one coached Peyton Manning, the other coached Aaron Donald and Jalen Ramsey

thats why I wanted Daboll of all those candidates. the Chargers would be so much better and he and Telesco had similar roots too. So stupid!!!
      I'm sure there were other OCs available more capable then Lombo: first he chooses a coaching buddy from the Rams; then he hires his mentor from Mercyhurst, Lombardi,

Its all about relationships and it is a very closed tight circle from which he chooses his assistants.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2020
        • Send PM

Originally posted by fanatic View Post
        I think Staley is staying. The injuries are the issue. Hard to coach well with half you starters out. He will get at least one more year especially because the team is 5-5. Chargers can make the playoffs.

Geez. You easily could have two wins against KC. Team is 5-5. Had you guys won most would be saying this Charger team is the best in the AFC West.

See you in the playoffs.
        I'm sure he'll get another year, but playing it close with KC has been a staple here and that's common in all other divisions with games between division rivals. The problem is playing up and down to the competition - the inconsistency which falls on coaching. The only consistency is the porous rush defense which hasn't been addressed going into 2 seasons, and the bad offensive play calling in the 2nd half which we also saw last year and that isn't exactly anything to be excited about.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Read Peter King’s story and weap. The Chiefs winning play last night was the same play they ran to win in OT last year.

https://twitter.com/peter_king/statu...4dWZqraV1Ef9DQ

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

This is why I’m sad about Staley this season compared to last. He should have stuck to his guns instead of caving in to pressure. He turned into Lynn.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post
              This is why I’m sad about Staley this season compared to last. He should have stuck to his guns instead of caving in to pressure. He turned into Lynn.

I thought the 4th and a foot was a no-brainer against Mahomes and he punted

Comment

• fanatic
                Registered Chiefs Fan
                • Dec 2021
                • Southern California
                • Realtor
                • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I'm sure he'll get another year, but playing it close with KC has been a staple here and that's common in all other divisions with games between division rivals. The problem is playing up and down to the competition - the inconsistency which falls on coaching. The only consistency is the porous rush defense which hasn't been addressed going into 2 seasons, and the bad offensive play calling in the 2nd half which we also saw last year and that isn't exactly anything to be excited about.
                I read the same comments from Chief fans on our forums. NFL games are usually close these days. Keeping a coach vs changing coaches all the time can also be a problem. Chargers issue is injuries. If Reid had this many injuries the Chiefs would likely be 5-5 or worse even with Mahomes. Take Kelce off the field and everything changes.

Chiefs offense forces defenses to run all over the field on almost every play. You see the fatigue in the 4th quarter. If you dont have depth, due to injuries, KC will score on any defense.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Staley had Derwin 1 on 1 with Kelce on that last drive. He didn’t double because he said it was “best on best”. Which basically says it all about Staley. He didn’t dial up any creative blitzes (or any blitzes for that matter) he just let Mahomes sit back and survey the field repeatedly. He’s not about schemes, his defense just needs players better than the offense. It worked with the Rams because Aaron Donald was better than everyone else and Jalen Ramsey was at the top of his game. It did t work with us last year so he swapped a lot of guys out and it still doesn’t work with Bosa out and JC underperforming and now out.

this guy is not a professional HC, he’s a fantasy football GM.
                  The general consensus is to keep Mahomes from scrambling and making big plays, and to keep two high safeties back there.

However, you still need to create doubt as to who is coming and who is staying back.
                  Mahomes needs to have that clock ticking in his head, not pick his teeth and pat the football forever.

Just sitting there doing the same damn thing play after play......sheesh!
                  Its doomed to failure ...... but he won't get blamed.

What did his analytics department tell him about that style of play in the final drive....nothing?
                  Fire them, they are useless.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2020
                    • Send PM

I just don't think he trusted the players he had on defense to execute last year. This year, he brought in the people he wanted, but statistically, they're about the same if not worse than the personnel we had last year even prior to the injuries.

Comment

• jamrock
                      lawyers, guns and money
                      • Sep 2017
                      • Send PM

He’s lost his nerve.

Comment

• fanatic
                        Registered Chiefs Fan
                        • Dec 2021
                        • Southern California
                        • Realtor
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

The general consensus is to keep Mahomes from scrambling and making big plays, and to keep two high safeties back there.

However, you still need to create doubt as to who is coming and who is staying back.
                        Mahomes needs to have that clock ticking in his head, not pick his teeth and pat the football forever.

Just sitting there doing the same damn thing play after play......sheesh!
                        Its doomed to failure ...... but he won't get blamed.

What did his analytics department tell him about that style of play in the final drive....nothing?
                        Fire them, they are useless.
                        Chiefs win 80% of their games against that general consensus. Once in awhile the Chiefs crap on themselves and dont score 30 or more. You need to score that much , or more, to beat KC.

Chiefs lost to Indy because Chris Jones was flagged for bad language after a game ending sack. KC had the ball with a last drive opportunity to beat Buff. It was one of the few times Mahomes did not deliver. He threw a pick.

Comment

• Boltinloudguy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2021
                          • Send PM

You want an example at depth at one of the most important positions.

Dallas at Edge-

Parsons
                          Armstrong
                          Williams
                          Lawrence
                          Fowler Jr.

5 guys that can all get after the QB but a few of them like Parsons, Lawrence and Armstrong that can line up in multiple positions.

Comment

Working...
                          X