This season will tell us how good our coaching staff is.

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

Originally posted by homeless simpson View Post
    yet, you always respond to my posts with long, overblown reactions and overreading my posts. you're problem, not mine.

edit: i love it when posters start talking about how worthless other's post are and ranking contributions.
    You would never do anything like that would you Homer Simpson...doh!
    sigpic

Comment

• MakoShark
      Disgruntled
      • Jun 2013
      • North Alabama
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Beerman View Post
      Floyd is pretty much guaranteed to finish out his career as a charger based on the extension he signed (very team friendly, virtually guaranteed till 2015, and even then it's only 4 mill).

Rivers I can see scenarios that he's gone. (We could potentially take a top 1st round QB and sign an established LT (will be a few on the market) and we still save money).

Gates cap hit is substantial, but I suspect the team would not want to piss off a second hall of fame TE. They find a way to have him finish his career here.

Hardwick/Clary are gone at their current salaries - I can see them taking a reduction in salary. Clary can potentially be a restructure candidate dependant on play.

JJ probably has another year in him, no way he sees that last season of his contract.
      I think Gates will have to restructure his deal if he wants to retire a Charger. This regime is not that tied to him.

Hardwick retires after this year and Clary is gone.
      sigpic

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
        Grammar Police
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

So what did we learn?
        Go Rivers!

Comment

fender57
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
          So what did we learn?
          That you can make shit into shinola?

Comment

• Steve
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • South Carolina
            • Meteorologist
            • Send PM

The Chargers have been a group that has been close for a while. But under Norv we didn't find a way to win. We didn't find a way to make a few extra plays. So, when we got a new high draft pick, or a new FA, it always seemed like you were just offsetting guys we lost, or additional stupid mistakes. Now, it feels like we are making progress. There was a huge influx of new talent, partly from the draft but partly from the younger players who hadn't done much in their careers to date.

And even those players will continue to make us better, now that they are finally getting to play and get the reps in practice. Add in the new crop of draft picks, and potentially any new FA types, I think the talent drain has stopped and reversed.

Comment

• Gwynning_Spirit
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by 6025 View Post
              That you can make shit into shinola?
              you can make shit-oline shine

Comment

Working...
              X