Chargers @ Cardinals Pregame Thread (Week 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

Oh lord I hope the bolts are not like Shaq at the free throw line...cuz we're SOL if so.
    :LOL:
    P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
    P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
    P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
    P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• UtahBolt
      Did we win?
      • Jun 2013
      • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
      • Send PM

Some interesting numbers:

ESPN currently has the line this week as Chargers -4.5 but an FPI of 63.4%-36.2% in favor of the Cards.

538 has the Cards currently as -1.5 and leading a 55%-45% win probability.

I would think both of these win probability sets reflect Kyler playing. I realize it's way to early in the week for the actual spread to move based on health but both of these win percentage numbers seem to outline the impact of Kyler playing and not playing.
      I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
        Let's do this!
        • Aug 2022
        • Raleigh N. Carolina
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jubei View Post

no we dont have an OC with any imagination
        Or a Deebo

Comment

• Boltnut
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Feb 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

Yes, I was part of an aid caravan. My really good friend in Montana was active in pastors for peace. In 1990 we had done an aid caravan to Nicaragua. In February 1992, the two sides in the civil war in El Salvador agreed to a cease fire. In April my friend and I participated in aid caravan to El Salvador.

The woman leading it had to travel under a false passport because she was wanted in El Salvador. She had fled the country in the '80s after husband was murdered, one of the victims of the so-called "death squads." They had both been professors at the university in San Salvador. I had bought a 1984 Ford Courier pickup, which was really built by Mazda, and I got a bunch of medical supplies donated by hospitals in Montana, and my friend and I drove to Los Angeles to meet the caravan.

Then we drove through Mexico, Guatemala and El Salvador. After we delivered the supplies, we met up with some other people and drove all over El Salvador. Half the country was still held by the rebel army - the FMLN - and we went into their camps. Twelve and thirteen year olds armed with AK-47s, from Russia. We visited refugee camps along the border with Honduras. We also visited this artist collective and my friend and I decided to buy as much as we could afford from them - various arts and crafts, many things I still have today.

I had so many amazing experiences, things that altered my life and shape my life philosophy today. Then my friend got word his sister was dying in the hospital back in the States and he had to fly home. I dropped him off at the airport in San Salvador, then drove back to the States through Guatemala and Mexico alone. That little Ford Courier was a trooper. I sold it for $350 when I got home.
          That's bad-ass, Velo! My mother-in-law worked for a non-profit documenting human suffering in El Salvador/Nicaragua in the 80's.
          In the late 80's and early 90's, I came to know many refugees/asylum seekers from those areas. Heartbreaking stories.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Sep 2019
            • Send PM

I'm pretty confident the #7 seed is gonna get in with 9 wins, so we only need to go 4-3 the rest of the way. It's probably gonna come down to New england, Cincy, Jets, and us for the final TWO spots. New england & Cincy have murderous schedules and the Jets struggle to gain 100 yards of offense. New england is really not a good football team. I would think at this point we "should" win most of the tie breakers because 2 of our losses are against the NFC.

Our schedule: @Arizona, @ 'fade, Miami, Tenn, @ Indy, Rams, @ Broncos
            Winning 1 of next 2 is key. Then 1 of 2 between miami & tenn. Then 2 out of 3 between Indy, Rams, & Denver.

Should be doable I'm a little concerned this football team really only shows up for primetime games so there could be an epic implosion. Would not at all surprise me we get totally blown out in arizona.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

This here says Payton wants to coach the Chargers or the Cards. Hmmm....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Team implodes - fire everybody and bring in Payton

Team finishes like 9-8 - what do they do. Personally I think Telesco needs to go no matter what - ten years, no divisions - thats not good enough

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

If it's next year and he wants the Cards then it's a good possibility. For the Chargers not so much. No matter what happens by the end of this year it's very doubtful we fire Staley (unless he completely loses the team.) But let's say we do. Payton is going to want a lot of money and control of coaching hires and personnel. I don't think that's going to fly with John Spanos.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Team finishes like 9-8 - what do they do. Personally I think Telesco needs to go no matter what - ten years, no divisions - thats not good enough
                    should of been gone by year 4 or 5 already.

but like usual ownership is shit and they hang on to bums.

Comment

• sonorajim
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Send PM

It confirms what a top young QB means, for anyone who wasn't sure.
                      I'd wait to see how we finish before considering changing horses at HC.
                      I'm sure Payton has a list of demands that.may push the envelope.
                      If Staley fails to make the playoffs we could talk.
                      Chargers are in a strong position with this QB and roster.

Comment

• jubei
                        Vagabond Ninja
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

for SURE telesco needs to go. but i fear this ownership will just look for a new figurehead GM since it is johnnyboy speaking in his ear.

Comment

• Eurobolt
                          *** Jim Harbaugh ***
                          • Sep 2018
                          • Send PM

Meet Payton demands there are way better chances(like 1000 times better) that he creates a winner than Telesco/Staley.
                          Winner - more value to franchise - more $$ for Spanos.

Just buzz his return create is worth it, media will be all over Payton & Herbert lovestory.

Pay the man - it is just investment.

Comment

Working...
                          X