Chargers @ Cardinals Pregame Thread (Week 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

All you could eat lobster and tortillas for $8.00. Rosarito Beach.
    Those were the days. $8 might get you a can of cheap Mexican beer now.

Comment

• powderblueboy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2017
      • Send PM

All you could eat lobster and tortillas for $8.00. Rosarito Beach.
      I remember it to be around $20, and it wasn't all you could eat.
      That was about 40 years ago.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Donkey show and I dont mean Melvin Gordon fumbling in the red zone
        :umm:
        G-Ro knows.

Comment

• jamrock
          lawyers, guns and money
          • Sep 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
          They call this a reverse, but it's an end-around. Garoppolo fakes the hand off then flips the ball up to Deebo who comes around and runs around the opposite end for a touchdown. Do the Chargers have a player who can execute this like Deebo? It would be a great play to have in their offensive arsenal.

btw...this was not a a reverse, which is an even trickier play to execute. It involves two ball carriers in the offensive backfield running in opposite directions who cross each other's paths. Ball carrier no 1 in the offensive backfield makes like he's sprinting to one edge, with the defense following him, then he hands the rock to the 2nd ball carrier who's sprinting in the reverse direction. You don't really see this play very often in the NFL anymore - it takes a long time to develop. But in the old NFL it was a common play.
          No we don’t have a Deebo

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

They hold coaches accountable. What a concept!
            Why would you think the Chargers would not hold a coach accountable if they had an off the field incident?

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Dec 2019
              • Send PM

I was pulled over in Tijuana by the federales when they saw 8 drunk white guys going down a one-way the wrong way in a van. We got drunk in Rosarito beach for breakfast and we drew straws as to who would drive the van back to the States. Bloody Marys and chile rellenos for breakfast to die for.
              So two buddies and I were walking back across the border and of course, had too much to drink. So we had to take a leak. We thought we were far enough - alas, a Federales found us. Of course a few minutes of taking you to the jail and what not. But it ended with 20 bucks each later....

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Every "Federales Story" that I've ever heard has these three words in it... "we were drunk"...

Comment

• richpjr
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Nashville
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                  Every "Federales Story" that I've ever heard has these three words in it... "we were drunk"...
                  I have one that did not involve alcohol. Was in Tijuana with a friend and got pulled over for "running a stop sign" that was non existent. We had our choice of paying the fine on the spot or going down to the courthouse and paying the fine there. Of course we paid and as they were walking away one said to the other - "Now we have money for lunch". What can you do aside from avoiding going there?

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Point spread climbs to 4.5. I think we smoke the Cardinals.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
                      I have some epic drunk stories. You ever do the Rockettes chorus-line kicks on top of the bar, in a bar, in Huntington Beach with 14 other fellas dressed as Santa Claus, to Sinatra's "New York, New York" on the jukebox?

Comment

• Velo
                        Ride!
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Everywhere
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

I remember it to be around $20, and it wasn't all you could eat.
                        That was about 40 years ago.
                        In the early '80s, I don't remember how much we paid for lobster, beans and tortillas at the Rosarito Beach Hotel, but was a lot closer to $8 than $20. That would've been like $100 is now.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I have one that did not involve alcohol. Was in Tijuana with a friend and got pulled over for "running a stop sign" that was non existent. We had our choice of paying the fine on the spot or going down to the courthouse and paying the fine there. Of course we paid and as they were walking away one said to the other - "Now we have money for lunch". What can you do aside from avoiding going there?
                          About 30 years ago when I was 35, I was returning from El Salvador. I was driving an '84 Ford Courier with a camper shell on the back. It was loaded with various things I had bought in El Salvador. I had driven from San Salvador through Guatemala and Mexico by myself. It was a hard trip and finally I was at the border in Reynosa, across from McAllen, Texas.

It was about 1 a.m., I was dog tired and took a wrong turn trying to get to the border crossing. I was in some back alley and as I was reversing to get find my way out, I backed into a hole filled with rainwater. I was trying and trying to get out, meanwhile someone had called the local Policia. Two of them showed up, they were convinced I was drunk at first. I looked pretty rough with a couple days beard growth. But I had had not drank any alcohol for days, I was just very, very tired.

I explained that I was returning from an aid caravan to El Salvador and the stuff in the bed of my truck were artworks from a collective in San Salvador. I had purchased a number of items from these starving, literally, artists, and was bringing it back to the U.S. to sell and distribute. They believed me and didn't arrest me. They called a tow truck, who pulled me out of the hole. The two cops tried to extract la morbida from me, but I resisted and they didn't press it

I finally went on my way and crossed the bridge over the Rio Grande. US Customs at the border in McAllen hassled me a bit and ran the drug dog over everything, but they bought my story too and bid me farewell. I checked into the first motel I came to in McAllen and slept for a day. I was never so glad to be back in the U.S. and for an ordeal to be over.

Comment

Working...
                          X