Chargers @ Cardinals Pregame Thread (Week 12)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltnut
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

I think Wood wanted Lucas...
    I was the biggest Abe Lucas cheerleader.
    When I slapped a late round 1 grade on him... I was ridiculed for months...

Comment

• beachcomber
      & ramblin' man
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post
      I find it humorous to equate Staley to McCoy and/or Lynn...
      I also find it humorous to hear that Telesco is (and always will be) stuck in his old ways...

Did no one see this past off-season in regards to FA signings (2 years running now) and notice that he's been finding talent early/late...?
      When you look at some of the best teams in the NFL (and their recent drafts)... does anybody really think they hit on all of their picks...?

This off-season, the Chiefs used a 1st round pick on a guy who has 0.5 sacks so far this season...
      The Chargers used their 2nd round pick on a guy who has 7 sacks so far this season...

I understand people are disappointed about the team's record and injuries thus far... but let's try to have a bit more balanced conversations/analysis.
      I let people vent for quite a while... it get its therapeutic value. But at what point do move the conversation from bitch-fest to question/analysis...?
      am sure you recall that one of our more astute, and albeit opinionated posters equated Anthony Ray w/Bill Belichick. my personal suspicion is that Lynn had a much more genuine connection w/a fair bit of his players, and opposed to Staley, of whom it really seems that he offers up some sort of facade @times ??

and like most of the posters here, do think Mack was a solid signing, given that he stayed healthy, and he has, and.... speaking of taking grief, took a fair bit for my fondness for George Pickens, who some are calling the best wideout out of last year's bunch, and whom I singled out as my barometer as to whether the signing of Mack was bpa/in our best interest ??

and re: Telesco and this roster, my major concern was that Stalesco had left this roster overly vulnerable to injury, and of which has been the case.

and don't think there is any question that Telesco has been a very avg GM, talent assessment wise w/the both of the draft and in FA, and.... my only remaining question is, how much was and is of his doing ?? how much does he defer to his HC, and how much oversight does young John exercise w/things ?? and is that the GMing that is in our best interest ??
      5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• beachcomber
        & ramblin' man
        • Jan 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

If you were a friend or a member of my family and you were in a relationship with someone you have grown to dislike and you are always angry over decisions that you have no control over, I would advise you to leave the relationship for your own mental health; your good mental health is more important than anything else.

The same principle applies here. If you are so angry with the ownership and management of this franchise - which I totally understand - and all you can do is vent your venom over and over again, I advise you, for your own mental health, to leave the relationship.
        given that this is a forum, and that I am so inclined to further comment on your schtick, will first say.... duly noted, and.... really feels slimy to me, as my personal take is that mental health is not to be bandied about so carelessly, and that the insinuations that I and/or others are always so angry, of poor mental health, that all we can do is vent our venom over and over again, is quite frankly stepping outside of your jurisdiction, and as I suggested in return earlier.... you might want to consider the source.

again personally am not so inclined to think inside the box, let alone your box, and really question the origin of said commentary, not to mention the spirit in which it is shared.... my suspicion is that it is just as shameful as the accusation in and of itself.

will also take the liberty here, and @the risk of calling the kettle black, to add that it is a fair bit of a cumulative effect, in that again the schtick is wearing thin in some regards, i.e. when the some of us voiced our concern as to whether we might have the answer for the both of Josh Jacobs and Davante Adams against the Raiders, and which the response in some corners, by D. Mac to be specific, was to parade thru the forum w/a pom pom in one hand and a two by four in the other, accusing fellow forum posters of not being fun guys, when posting of something said (homer/pollyanna) poster felt didn't tow the line, and then after the fact, posts a one or two sentence comment/retraction to the effect that gee, didn't real eyes that Davante Adams was that good ??

and ditto for some others w/a not so subtle passive aggressive ploy, in that when the some of us were not so enamored w/the front row and center competition between Trey and Storm, and when the some of us couldn't understand why Jamaree wasn't being given a front row and center opportunity, and when I suggested it wasn't even close, that really rankled some posters here, and apparently not unlike when I had volunteered Zion Johnson as one of my draft faves the summer before the draft, and didn't get off my stump, and despite that some posters chose to return fire piss 'n vinegar be damned, and w/another commenting that some of our soothsaying was nothing but our wish to say we were right/I told you so after the fact, and again questioning our loyalty to the team's best interest.

was I supposed to fall in line and give my 100 percent support to Storm's campaign @RT ?? to be equally in love w/the thought of Pips @RT ?? and to bite my tongue, despite my suspicion that Salyer might be the best of the lot ??

your suggestion is that I am always complaining about Telesco, and then again it doesn't go without notice that our ever so fine emeritus poster and statesman, of the wooden variety, was once upon a time not overly smitten w/our fave generalist, and ditto for being in flux re: Staley and his defensive genius, and as it went to show w/moving his fine print from the such to defensive genius (w/a) ??

where do you draw the line ?? are the posters here who are suggesting now that Az has gotten two receivers and their QB back, and that they might be more formidable than plenty of posters are presuming.... have they betrayed you/committed Chargers treason, and are now subject to your concern over their mental health ??

and I know you know this, and.... you are not my advisor, and despite your best efforts to dissuade me of the such, you are still my Blues brother and fellow die hard, and I will have it no other way.

5/11 Fuaga, 37 Kamari Lassiter, 40 Sinnott, 67 Bralen Trice, 69 Cedric Gray, 105 Jaylen Wright, 110 Braelon Allen, 140 Joe Milton, 181 Khristian Boyd, Tylan Grable, 225 Daijun Edwards, 253 Miyan Williams

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
          Let's do this!
          • Aug 2022
          • Raleigh N. Carolina
          • Send PM

Looking like Murray will be back tomorrow.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltnut View Post

That "2nd year"... McCoy still had all of his significant weapons (PR, KA, Floyd, Gates...). The next year (when KA... and others... were actually out half the season) McCoy went 4-12.
            The year Lynn had significant injuries... 5-12.

Welcome aboard the Abe Lucas Bandwagon.... about 7 months too late. I don't remember your Abe Lucas stance... should I...?
            Most here had Lucas in their 2nd round draft cluster. I remember a discussion I had with a few others here on whether Lucas would drop to the chargers 2nd round pick (before the mack trade). Looking at past drafts and the number of tackles who ordinarily go before that pick, I stated that it is very likely he would be available.
            Don't be overly dramatic about posters pilloring you for giving a late first round grade on the guy. I was the anti Penning poster, and quite frankly said that I preferred Lucas.

Comment

• powderblueboy
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jul 2017
              • Send PM

Chainy was a huge Penning guy.:couch:

Comment

• powderblueboy
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jul 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
                Looking like Murray will be back tomorrow.
                Good. I want this team to earn the win, not stumble by a team decapitated from the beginning.

Comment

• Topcat
                  AKA "Pollcat"
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post
                  Chainy was a huge Penning guy.:couch:
                  Wasn't Chainy also high on Walker Little, the OT out of Stanford? Like early first round high? Drafted by the Jags, started a few games last year, now a backup...

Comment

• powderblueboy
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jul 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Wasn't Chainy also high on Walker Little, the OT out of Stanford? Like early first round high? Drafted by the Jags, started a few games last year, now a backup...
                    That was ninja ... don't remember Chainy's favorite from that draft,so it must not have been Little. I liked Little, then backed off. Heck, I initially liked Penning.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

For posterity, Chainy liked Jones, Penning and the punt God from this last draft class. He also strenuously objected to charger pick # 228

It's almost like he pushed Jones forward because he was a name with a grade well above Woods. It's not exactly like chaincrusher sampled his play.

Penning was chaincrusher's guy - his love. The blindness of love rendered every other prospect invisible to him.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Good. I want this team to earn the win, not stumble by a team decapitated from the beginning.
                        True this. We need the practice from containing Murray, will need it when we face Mahomes again.

Comment

• Caslon
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2019
                          • Send PM

If the Chargers need a field goal to win this one, I'll feel they are regressing again. Sustained momentum has been a weak point with this team. Up one game, blah the next.

Comment

Working...
                          X