• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oneinchpunch
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jun 2013
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Mister Hoarse View Post
    Of all the qualified (wrong word if there ever was one) candidates, this loser Bolt squad is by far the most underachieving. Thumbs down. Kill the poor beast.
    This team seems to be the least prepared. With the least fight. Lacking fundamentals. And just not ready to play a game as a team.

Yes, Rivers sucks and can't hit the broad side of a barn. But at least the rest of the team could show up
    Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• Formula 21
      The Future is Now
      • Jun 2013
      • Republic of San Diego
      • Send PM

I still think there's talent on this team. I just think the coaching staff doesn't know how to coordinate it, how to use it. But there are some name guys they shouldn't be counting on and shouldn't be on the team at the price they're paying. Butler and Brown to name two.
      Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
      The Wasted Decade is done.
      Build Back Better.

Comment

• MakoShark
        Disgruntled
        • Jun 2013
        • North Alabama
        • Send PM

I don't think the product on the field is the worst ever, but when you take it all into consideration; Front office, coaching, players its in the discussion for worst ever.
        sigpic

Comment

• ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

When you look at the overall, with the threat to move and poisoning the well with fans, then I would agree. Product on the field, particularly when you consider injury factor, no way. Draft position isn't really a useful metric for this discussion. Preparation? Jeez man, some of those Norv teams were pretty unprepared on a weekly basis.

Comment

• richpjr
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Nashville
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ArtistFormerlyKnownAsBKR View Post
            When you look at the overall, with the threat to move and poisoning the well with fans, then I would agree. Product on the field, particularly when you consider injury factor, no way. Draft position isn't really a useful metric for this discussion. Preparation? Jeez man, some of those Norv teams were pretty unprepared on a weekly basis.
            This is a good take on this year.

Comment

• Lightningwill_420

The worst coached Spanos operations were those Dan Henning teams. It's hard to believe practice ever took place.

But those teams, outside the quarterback and whoever were playing opposite Gill Byrd at corner back and Anthony Miller at wide receiver, had a lot of good players. The runningback position was loaded. The o-line had good run blockers when they weren't getting busted for false starts or unnecessary holding calls. The linebackers were bad-asses even when we had too many or too few players on the field. And Lee Williams was fucking rad - too bad it was always every man for himself and the business always seemed to go into prevent as soon as offense tied or took a small lead.

The current team has Philip Rivers, who was part of this camarilla when Telesco got here, and jack shit at every other position. I see the excuses about injuries, but, really, the starters sucked too. Either they suck on the field or they are just guys one would expect wouldn't play much of the season. Sorry - Telesco is the worst GM this Spanos racket ever hired.

McCoy is a pussy and should have been fired after he kneeled down for what should have been a losing field goal try against the Browns. But, really, nobody could have won with this tax-subsidized for-profit Spanos cabal. One can't win with one good player because every other NFL business has at least two good players. I mean, if any other NFL outfit had only one good player, the GM would have been replaced.
              Last edited by Guest; 12-15-2015, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• KYBoltsFan
                THERE'S A GLEAM, MEN
                Generous Donor
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

It's shitty to dub a team with this many injuries as the "worst" of anything.

The generally healthy 2003 4-12 team was worse.
                The '97 team was worse, even when Humphries was healthy.
                The '86 4-12 team was just as mystifyingly bad.
                Dan Henning - aka "Mr. 6-10" never put a watchable or competitive team on the field. Sorry.
                I actually think the '08 8-8 division-winning, home playoff victory team was more disappointing.

This team is "snakebit"...like '99, '01 Riley teams.
                NO SIGNATURE REQUIRED

Comment

• Millionaire Wussy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Send PM

At least we have a great running back in Gordon. Only a matter of time.
                  For Stinky-Jon-Wizzleteats....

"Pray for strength and healing oh and money!"

Comment

Working...
                  X