Chargers @ Raiders Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 13)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Glad I didn't bother watching as I knew we would be disappointed yet again with a loss. This team just isn't well coached -- the tackling is piss poor and the run defense is the same as it was whether the unit is healthy or not. The offense was sputtering even before the injuries to the WRs. Granted I didn't see this game, but I assume the aforementioned issues yet again reared their ugly head.

I believe I've stated my admiration for Dan Campbell here before, but that's a well coached team that has barely any talent and Jared Goff at QB and yet they are competitive and you can see the product on the field whether they lose or not.

Comment

• Boltgang74
      We Are The Storm!
      • Aug 2018
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
      Don’t worry. Give TT another 10 drafts and we’ll be back to mediocre.
      please-no-icegif.gif

Comment

• Boltgang74
        We Are The Storm!
        • Aug 2018
        • Send PM

Screenshot_20221204-183421_Instagram.jpg

Comment

• wu-dai clan
          Smooth Operation
          • May 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by FarAwayBoltFan View Post

As I see it, the torment started in 1978 with the Holy Roller... so 44 years ago.
          December 26, 1965.
          I was there.
          It was my Charger beginnings.
          57 years.
          We do not play modern football.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
            A lot of particularly bad takes in here after this loss. Trade Herbert! Trade Allen! Maybe we should trade everyone and start over with a whole new team.

I agree that Telesco and Lombardi have to go, at a minimum. I'm undecided about Staley. But the fact remains that we never got to see the team that management assembled for this season. And that team, on paper, looked very good.
            I like Staley but I believe the worst thing an organization can do is saddle the new GM with the last general manager's head coaching mistake. Give the next GM the free hand to sweep everything clean. Oh, and make Chiefs Assist GM Mike Borgonzi the next GM.

Justin Herbert is about to finish his third season and has never appeared in a playoff game. That's on management, as they've tried two different head coaches and still can't face the math that it's the front office.

Comment

• electricgold
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Apr 2020
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
              Glad I didn't bother watching as I knew we would be disappointed yet again with a loss. This team just isn't well coached -- the tackling is piss poor and the run defense is the same as it was whether the unit is healthy or not. The offense was sputtering even before the injuries to the WRs. I've stated my admiration for Dan Campbell here before, but that's a well coached team that has barely any talent and Jared Goff at QB and yet they are competitive and you can see the product on the field whether they lose or not.
              The Jets lost today, but I watched the whole game. That is a well coached team. Also the Dolphins are too as we are about to find out.

Have you noticed that most of these games coached by Staley always usually seem to finish the same, we play close with the team we are playing and either get lucky and win in the end, or lose like today, and they all play out the same, then Staley does his presser and say we lost because of this and that and that like he knows exactly why we lost but it never changes and we get beat for the same weaknesses no matter whos in the game... How many blow outs have we had with Staley? very few. I would say even Norv was a better HC! Last year we failed to make the playoffs because we didn't have the right type of players in certain areas, this year we are not making the playoffs because injuries. Nope screw justifications. The Cowboys lost their starting LT, and QB for a stretch and alas they still held it together. Brandon should go coach a college team It would probably be a better fit.

We need Jim Harbaugh who would come in and really establish a winning culture, instead of always talking about exactly why we go beat without every fixing whats wrong....

Comment

• Boltnut
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Feb 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

I hope you get a chance to see the highlights from SF vs MIA.

I watched that game and our game both.

Amongst a bunch of Raider fans.

Me and my spine.
                Billy Backbone Bolts up!
                This is how you do it, people.

Comment

• sdchrgrboy
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Sep 2021
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I like Staley but I believe the worst thing an organization can do is saddle the new GM with the last general manager's head coaching mistake. Give the next GM the free hand to sweep everything clean. Oh, and make Chiefs Assist GM Mike Borgonzi the next GM.

Justin Herbert is about to finish his third season and has never appeared in a playoff game. That's on management, as they've tried two different head coaches and still can't face the math that it's the front office.
                  Remember when AJ supposedly told LT on a plane ride home that his career won't be in vain? Well he had a great career but never played in a Super Bowl. That's a travesty and I fear may well happen to Herbert unless major changes are made to the GM position.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Sep 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

Do you think maybe Herbert is part of the reason why he hasn't been in a playoff game? I'm not saying he's not good, but other really good QBs do things Herbert doesn't do. He doesn't have great situational awareness. There was a play today he was running could have scrambled for 1st down on 2nd down but instead he slid down 3 or 4 yds short. Then 3rd down went nowhere which led to a FG attempt. That's a scramble guys like Allen, Burrow, and Mahomes convert into a 1st down. Too many 2nd and 3rd and longs he throws the ball behind the line of scrimmage. He gets balls batted down. There are just little things in his game that take away from having the on-field success of others.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

December 26, 1965.
                      I was there.
                      It was my Charger beginnings.
                      57 years.
                      My Daddy was born December 26, 1935. Myself, November 23, 1965.

71PhYuwsDEL._SX522_.jpg

Ed White/ Gemini 4 1965

Comment

• electricgold
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Apr 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                        Yep and he has a losing record as a starter because he is on a team with a GM and HC and system that is clueless on how to win with a potential all time great QB! Imagine if Herbert was on the Dolphins or Jets.

Comment

• electricgold
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Apr 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Do you think maybe Herbert is part of the reason why he hasn't been in a playoff game? I'm not saying he's not good, but other really good QBs do things Herbert doesn't do. He doesn't have great situational awareness. There was a play today he was running could have scrambled for 1st down on 2nd down but instead he slid down 3 or 4 yds short. Then 3rd down went nowhere which led to a FG attempt. That's a scramble guys like Allen, Burrow, and Mahomes convert into a 1st down. Too many 2nd and 3rd and longs he throws the ball behind the line of scrimmage. He gets balls batted down. There are just little things in his game that take away from having the on-field success of others.
                          With Herbert you want him to be efficient! When he completes a high percentage he usually is at his best. When he's throwing left and right with a low efficiency we usually always lose. And it never changes. bad coaching and OC...

Comment

Working...
                          X