• Show
Clear All
  • Velo
    Ride!
    • Aug 2019
    • Everywhere
    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
    • Send PM

What's the word on SJD? I keep reading on this forum that he's out for the season, but I'm not seeing it reported anywhere.

Comment

• RockyMtnBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Apr 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

All good points.

It irritated me yesterday to see what Herbert endured every down yesterday while Carr had all day to throw and NO one laid a finger on him all game. Bosa has been gone since week 2 and yet the zero pass problem has not been addressed in the slightest. Ina critical game i have never seen less pressure on a QB ...11 weeks after Bosa went down. Unacceptable for a GM.

Theyi have a gifted young franchise QB and they are letting him down. Herbert is a great young man and never complains but at some point does his management team go to ownership and say if you want Herbert to commit to this franchise long term there needs to be a better plan and quickly?
      i can’t disagree with the fact that the Spanos clan is one of the worst in all of professional sports. But I do think it’s important to be fair as well this past off-season there were many moves made that all seemed like a well designed and executed plan. I don’t know that they could have invested more to help support in field success. Success starts in the trenches and unfortunately we’ve been decimated there…so our offense can’t come close to living up to its potential. If Slater and Linsley could have been healthy all season, the difference would be dramatic. So yes, injuries are a very justifiable reason for the struggles this season. And I didn’t even talk about missing BIg Mike and Slayer most of the season. Difficult to overcome injuries, but especially when they are legitimately the BEST players on your roster and the drop off is so great.

Comment

• ghost
        The Rise of Kellen Moore
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
        What's the word on SJD? I keep reading on this forum that he's out for the season, but I'm not seeing it reported anywhere.
        I just checked. No news on status this morning. Possibly an update on his status this afternoon. Coach Staley confirmed a knee injury is the only news we have.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by RockyMtnBoltFan View Post

i can’t disagree with the fact that the Spanos clan is one of the worst in all of professional sports. But I do think it’s important to be fair as well this past off-season there were many moves made that all seemed like a well designed and executed plan. I don’t know that they could have invested more to help support in field success. Success starts in the trenches and unfortunately we’ve been decimated there…so our offense can’t come close to living up to its potential. If Slater and Linsley could have been healthy all season, the difference would be dramatic. So yes, injuries are a very justifiable reason for the struggles this season. And I didn’t even talk about missing BIg Mike and Slayer most of the season. Difficult to overcome injuries, but especially when they are legitimately the BEST players on your roster and the drop off is so great.
          I agree that the roster moves in FA and draft looked promising and injuries took a wicked toll….BUT….that’s what the trade deadline is for….the best teams improved by signing quality players to fill their roster weak spots.

Look at Jerry Jones and the Cowboys. They dominated yesterday yet they are reportedly laying out the red carpet to sign OBJ.

John Spanos/Telesco didn’t do squat. It was c’est la vie. We are going to use the injury excuse to cover our asses for not doing a goddam thing in season to help the team.

Comment

• ghost
            The Rise of Kellen Moore
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

5.png

I see a 3-2 finish for the Chargers, YMMV, finishing the season at 9-8 and out of the playoffs.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post
              5.png

I see a 3-2 finish for the Chargers, YMMV, finishing the season at 9-8 and out of the playoffs.
              perhaps, but hard to predict without knowing who will be available to play. Right now, more players go out weekly than return.

Comment

• KrazyLegs
                Registered Dude
                • Sep 2018
                • Westminster, MA
                • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

I honestly think it is still not decided yet. If the team rolls over and quits, I think we clean house. If we somehow got hot and made the playoffs, both are back. If we end up around .500, which is the trajectory we are on, than I have no idea.
                Which is why we're gonna wish we lost some of those close games that we won by the end of the season.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by KrazyLegs View Post

Which is why we're gonna wish we lost some of those close games that we won by the end of the season.
                  Win or lose, every game is useful. In the Chargers case, the games were useful in evaluating the backup talent on the team.

Besides Salyer and Davis, were there any other 2nd or third stringers who replaced starters that proved they could be 1st stringers?

Carter, Palmer, and Kelley were okay, but didn’t display starter quality.

Not one backup had a break through game or games to take the next step.

How pathetic is that? What’s that say about our scouting and drafting capability?

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

I just checked. No news on status this morning. Possibly an update on his status this afternoon. Coach Staley confirmed a knee injury is the only news we have.
                    I just read that it’s not expected to be serious. Per Ian Rappaport.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

5.png

Sounds about right. Very Chargers, very mediocre and drafting at around 17 again

Comment

• richpjr
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Nashville
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I just read that it’s not expected to be serious. Per Ian Rappaport.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/fo...or-injury/amp/
                        Kind of surprised by that - it looked pretty bad the way he had to be helped off. Gaizano and Fehoko - could be the worst pair of tackles ever to start for the team.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Kind of surprised by that - it looked pretty bad the way he had to be helped off. Gaizano and Fehoko - could be the worst pair of tackles ever to start for the team.
                          Accoring to Brandon Staley, SJD will be "day to day" for the next month lol

Comment

Working...
                          X