Dolphins @ Chargers Pregame Thread (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jubei
    Vagabond Ninja
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post
    Callahan, Derwin, Day and Pipkins all DOUBTFUL

https://twitter.com/chargers/status/...8EutI0-kVvl-lg
    ahhhhh SHIIIIIITTTTT!

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post

Who will start in place of Callahan, James and Day ?
      With Bosa and JC out, it's almost half of the defense with backups.
      UNCLE!!!

So tiring. Of course the Dolphins get Armstead back. Poor Dolphins had to play without him for 1 game

Comment

• Critty
        Dominate the Day.
        • Mar 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

Miami will run the football plenty in this game. We likely have a 5th string defensive tackle picked up off Cleveland's practice squad starting in this game. Our rush D is even worse than Cleveland and Miami rushed for 200 on cleveland. No Derwin this week. It's gonna be a bloodbath of epic proportions. Good probability the wheels completely fall off after this game
        Can Chargers offense drive the ball enough times and keep Miami off the field and limit how many possession they get this game, I think so.

Can Chargers defense force a FG or 2 when Miami drives and not just give up TD every time, I think so.

Dolphins only 3pt favorites.

I'm rooting for the upset here.

Chargers to win by 3.

opcorn:
        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

Can Chargers offense drive the ball enough times and keep Miami off the field and limit how many possession they get this game, I think so.

Can Chargers defense force a FG or 2 when Miami drives and not just give up TD every time, I think so.

Dolphins only 3pt favorites.

I'm rooting for the upset here.

Chargers to win by 3.

opcorn:
          The irony of this is - to have long drives for a team that can't run will require a lot of short passes, the very thing people here say they don't want!

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Stinky Wizzleteats+ View Post
            The Dolphins need to hold the Chargers to field goals. This Chargers’ offense is built to move the ball on the Dolphins’ defense. The Chargers are the 6th best passing offense in the league, throwing for over 265 yards a game. The Dolphins are the 22nd best at defending the pass. It is a bad matchup for this Dolphins’ defense. The Chargers have multiple weapons on offense, and the Dolphins do not have the players in the secondary to match up.
            The Chargers are not good at scoring TDs. Our offensive line is banged up. I don't buy it. In order for what your saying to come true Herbert has to have time to go through his progression. Nothing in the last 5 games has showed us that the Chargers O line can hold up for that long. That's the big reason why we are stuck with the short passing game. Not sure that's going to be enough. On the other side of the ball I have no confidence on our D. To make matter worse our remaining best defender is questionable. There is no question the Dolphins have the edge when it comes to matchups. That of course does not guarantee a win for them. I just shake my head when I read these very questionable posts. Like playing Jacksonville was a sure win. Ditto against the Seahawks because their QB wasn't good enough to beat us. Then there's the Chandler Jones is not good and therefore all we have to do to stop the Raiders pass rush is take care of Crosby. Jones single handed destroyed us. So I can't trust anything I read here. It's one thing to be a homer, completely different when trying to objective.

Comment

• Critty
              Dominate the Day.
              • Mar 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

The irony of this is - to have long drives for a team that can't run will require a lot of short passes, the very thing people here say they don't want!
              :ygdr:
              Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Velo
                Ride!
                • Aug 2019
                • Everywhere
                • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                • Send PM

Well I for one was hoping to have Bosa back for this game. He was **supposed** to be back by this week at the latest. I was hoping to slow down the Tua/Hill/Waddle air show by having Bosa and Mack harassing him all game.

It galled me to see Carr last week have as much time as he needed to find Adams. The pass rush was pathetic, especially in the 2nd half. If Tua is not pressured he will dice up the Chargers' secondary, especially without Callahan.

The team has been silent about Bosa's progress or when he might be able to return.

Bosa has missed almost 30 percent of the team's games since coming into the league in 2016. He signed a $135 mil contract in 2020. He's missed 14 of 45 games since signing that contract. His cap hit is $28.25 mil this season and $31 mil in 2023. The contract is not guaranteed beyond 2023. The team has an out in 2024 with a $7 mil cap hit.

Comment

• Berserker76
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                  Well I for one was hoping to have Bosa back for this game. He was **supposed** to be back by this week at the latest. I was hoping to slow down the Tua/Hill/Waddle air show by having Bosa and Mack harassing him all game.

It galled me to see Carr last week have as much time as he needed to find Adams. The pass rush was pathetic, especially in the 2nd half. If Tua is not pressured he will dice up the Chargers' secondary, especially without Callahan.

The team has been silent about Bosa's progress or when he might be able to return.

Bosa has missed almost 30 percent of the team's games since coming into the league in 2016. He signed a $135 mil contract in 2020. He's missed 14 of 45 games since signing that contract. His cap hit is $28.25 mil this season and $31 mil in 2023. The contract is not guaranteed beyond 2023. The team has an out in 2024 with a $7 mil cap hit.
                  Yes, this situation is a now little concerning, wasn't worried about it two weeks ago.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2021
                    • Carlsbad, CA
                    • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                    • Send PM

Offense will be close to 100% (except at RT). Need the defense to step up. They will need to blitz at a very high rate to pressure Miami. Chargers win 33-28.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Sep 2019
                      • Send PM

This reminds me of the '09 season game 2 vs the Ravens In game 1 we lost Hardwick and Louis Vasquez & started 2 O-lineman who had never played a snap in Murcowski and Dombrowsi. On defense they lost Jamal Williams and replaced him with Vaughn Martin, who had also never played a snap and was some tiny school in Canada. They were playing a VERY TOUGH & physical Ravens squad with Ray Lewis that had been in the AFC championship the year prior. Despite playing 2 practice squad type rookies on the Oline and getting pounded all day Rivers somehow managed to have a career best type of day and throw for over 400 yards and the Chargers barely lost.

The crazy thing about that game is this team was somehow favored to win. After the game Norv got in his press conference and said that day when he was driving to the stadium he was listening to the radio and the commentators said they thought the Chargers would win by 6 points. He said, "I couldn't believe we were favored to win, do you'll not understand what we're playing with & who we were playing? We need to tone the expectations down."

That's how I feel about this game. I've had ESPN on all day and somehow people expect this to be a close game? Some even expect the Chargers to win? How?

Staley should win coach of the year if he keeps this game within 10 points.

Comment

• Berserker76
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2019
                        • Send PM

This is a winnable game. Get some semblance of a running game going, don't have to get big chunks, just enough to get a few first downs and take some pressure off of Herbert. For goodness sakes, roll Herbert out more. It boggles my mind that our OC can seem to get this. When Herberts not rolling out, how about some quick slants? Screens never seem to work for us, so try something different as our OC. That's why you get the big bucks. Fish fry!

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Air Coryell View Post
                          Offense will be close to 100% (except at RT). Need the defense to step up. They will need to blitz at a very high rate to pressure Miami. Chargers win 33-28.
                          Well the Chargers' defense surrendered 27 points to the Raiders last week. The Rams, without Aaron Donald, held them to 16 points last night. The Chargers' defense is going to face the 2nd best passing offense/4th highest scoring offense against the Dolphins, and they're probably not going to have their best DL (Day), their best DB (James) and their starting NB (Callahan).

The good news is that both Mike Williams and Donald Parham are practicing, which will give Lombardi/Herbert almost their full set of receiving weapons for the first time in forever.

Comment

Working...
                          X