Dolphins @ Chargers Pregame Thread (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dmac_bolt
    Day Tripper
    • May 2019
    • North of the Lagoon
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That's funny, because I've seen several analyses of Herbert's uncanny ability to process reads better than just about any other QB. I really think his struggles this season are a combination of injuries decimating his receiver corps, the breakdown of the OL due to injury, the lack of a running game, and his own injury he suffered this season. Last year, in just his second season, he lead the conference in passing and was 2nd to just the GOAT in the entire league.
    Whats funny is can anyone here identify any QB in history that didn’t need some token of a running game and some pass protection to be elite? Name that QB, I want to rewatch film.

Last week vs OAK it was a stampede at the pocket. It wasn’t one rusher, they tried chipping Crosby as if that was THE answer. Lol - it was a constant 2, 3 and 4 rushers collapsing his pocket in 2 seconds. Chandler actually had more action in the backfield than Crosby. Many times, it collapsed from front and both sides at once, he couldn’t run if he wanted to. Absolutely the worst OL performance of the year for the team and its absurd to blame the QB buried under the avalanche for getting snow in his boots.
    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

That's funny, because I've seen several analyses of Herbert's uncanny ability to process reads better than just about any other QB. I really think his struggles this season are a combination of injuries decimating his receiver corps, the breakdown of the OL due to injury, the lack of a running game, and his own injury he suffered this season. Last year, in just his second season, he lead the conference in passing and was 2nd to just the GOAT in the entire league.
      I think many pundits or observers knew or think yeah he had a little injury a while ago but gloss it over. Having broke my ribs they told me it would take 8 weeks to heal. It was incredibley painful and took every bit of that 8 weeks to subside. How he wwnt out and played QB with broken rib cartlidge is crazy when you think about it. I didnt have pain injections mind you but i wasnt playing NFL football either.

You could clearly see it hampered his throwing ability and mobility for quite a few games as to be expected. That cant be minimized In Terms of the Tua thing, that concussion was horrifying at the time and not to be taken lightly but in terms of football it cost 2 games, it didnt hamper him for 2 months.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Whats funny is can anyone here identify any QB in history that didn’t need some token of a running game and some pass protection to be elite? Name that QB, I want to rewatch film.

Last week vs OAK it was a stampede at the pocket. It wasn’t one rusher, they tried chipping Crosby as if that was THE answer. Lol - it was a constant 2, 3 and 4 rushers collapsing his pocket in 2 seconds. Chandler actually had more action in the backfield than Crosby. Many times, it collapsed from front and both sides at once, he couldn’t run if he wanted to. Absolutely the worst OL performance of the year for the team and its absurd to blame the QB buried under the avalanche for getting snow in his boots.
        I thougt it was quite incredible that Herbert was sacked 5 times, hit 14 times, and pressured on almost evry snap yet hung in there and threw for 335 and no picks. Can you imagine what that would have looked like if it was reveresed and that was Carr?

Way too much comparing of QBs that is not taken in context.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
          Day Tripper
          • May 2019
          • North of the Lagoon
          • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

I thougt it was quite incredible that Herbert was sacked 5 times, hit 14 times, and pressured on almost evry snap yet hung in there and threw for 335 and no picks. Can you imagine what that would have looked like if it was reveresed and that was Carr?

Way too much comparing of QBs that is not taken in context.
          Agree, that is the nature of stats.
          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Xenos
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Feb 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Sgt Schultz View Post
            Daniel Popper:
            "Heading into this season, it felt like Herbert was on the cusp of emerging as one of the three or four best quarterbacks in football. Instead, the Chargers have dealt with an incomprehensible number of injuries on offense, including to Herbert himself. And Herbert has been forced to navigate through really difficult circumstances to keep the Chargers afloat. I think he has done that at a really high level. But the drop-off in his statistical performance has opened the door for questions — dumb ones, but questions nonetheless."
            Love the last sassy line by Popper.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

I do hope this board has contingency plans for either a victory or a loss vs the Dolphins.

It is going to fit your narrative.
              Or it isn't.

Like General Dwight D. Eisenhower at D-Day, I have both my speeches prepared.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                French Speaking Charger Fan
                • Jan 2019
                • Québec city
                • Send PM

I have only one plan : having fry fish for dinner.

Comment

• Velo
                  Ride!
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Everywhere
                  • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Maniaque 6 View Post
                  I have only one plan : having fry fish for dinner.
                  What kind of fish?

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                    French Speaking Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Québec city
                    • Send PM

What do you think ?
                    It is Sunday'dinner.

Comment

• Velo
                      Ride!
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Everywhere
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post
                      John Elway couldn't get over the hump until he had Terrell Davis.

Comment

• Critty
                        Dominate the Day.
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post
                        I do hope this board has contingency plans for either a victory or a loss vs the Dolphins.

It is going to fit your narrative.
                        Or it isn't.

Like General Dwight D. Eisenhower at D-Day, I have both my speeches prepared.
                        I'm rooting for Bills to defeat the Jets Sunday Morning.

And Cardinals to defeat the Patriots on Monday Night

That keeps the Chargers hopes of advancing to the post season very alive even if they lose the battle to the Dolphins on Sunday Night.
                        Who has it better than us?

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Critty View Post

I'm rooting for Bills to defeat the Jets Sunday Morning.

And Cardinals to defeat the Patriots on Monday Night

That keeps the Chargers hopes of advancing to the post season very alive even if they lose the battle to the Dolphins on Sunday Night.
                          Let's hope. The Bills are pretty much a slam-dunk to beat the Jets. I'm not so sure about the Cards beating the Patriots.

Comment

Working...
                          X