Dolphins @ Chargers Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 14)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WindsorUK
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2013
    • Windsor, U.K.
    • Send PM

Originally posted by BearWithJetpack View Post
    Gilman should be running laps this week for dancing around like an idiot while the fumble popped out to Hill.
    This drives me NUTS!!! These guys are so self involved, they forget what's actually going on!
    Had Gilman played to the whistle ( as we were ALL taught from Pee Wee, on up) HE, not Hill, might get that ball.
    I'd bench him the first series next week, make him stand next to Hill, while Hill points out his replacement going full tilt until the whistle is blown.
    Thankfully it didn't cost us the game but it most certainly shifted momentum, something we so rarely have this year..

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by wu-dai clan View Post

Offensive line will jell in January.
      A healthy Slater, Feiler, Linsley, Zion, Pipkins would be swell.
      I'm in a small group, party of one? who was favorably impressed with Lombardi's play calling.
      D penetration was going to happen and did.
      In large part (not always) it was a couple seconds of controlled flow with room for Herbert to move and find a target.
      Herbert was Special. It's great to see him healthy and have KA & MW.
      The whole team and coaches helped. It was a great drill.

Comment

• jamrock
        lawyers, guns and money
        • Sep 2017
        • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
        Another STRONG effort from an undermanned D, and Teams!
        Not to beat a dead horse, but 2 FG in the second half? While there were some good play calls in the last half, something drastically needs to change on O.
        It's good having most of the skill guys back; hopefully production will increase as they spend more time together in live game play.
        Offense needs to produce more points, no doubt. They left a lot out there

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by WindsorUK View Post
          Another STRONG effort from an undermanned D, and Teams!
          Not to beat a dead horse, but 2 FG in the second half? While there were some good play calls in the last half, something drastically needs to change on O.
          It's good having most of the skill guys back; hopefully production will increase as they spend more time together in live game play.
          We don't talk enough about the impact of J.K. Scott creating so many Fair Catches. It has made a marked difference in the team's battle for field position.

You'd think we'd remember all of the nightmare returns the Bolts special teams units have surrendered over the years....

Scott has the occasional shorter-than-you'd-like punt-- say, 35 yards-- but even a marginal distance like that precludes the back-breaking return, if it has to be fair caught.

Scott's offseason signing didn't impress me at the time, but he has, IMO, single-footedly (heheh) improved the Bolts' punting game from a C-minus to a B-plus.

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Much better performance overall, but how the hell does this game even get that close?? I mean, the Chargers were much better in every aspect of the game yet the Dolpinhs were close in the end

Comment

• wu-dai clan
              Smooth Operation
              • May 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

A healthy Slater, Feiler, Linsley, Zion, Pipkins would be swell.
              I'm in a small group, party of one? who was favorably impressed with Lombardi's play calling.
              D penetration was going to happen and did.
              In large part (not always) it was a couple seconds of controlled flow with room for Herbert to move and find a target.
              Herbert was Special. It's great to see him healthy and have KA & MW.
              The whole team and coaches helped. It was a great drill.
              This might be the year, sonora !
              In any case, it's trending up, up, up now.
              Gotta love Herb's leadership.
              We do not play modern football.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

Great team win. Let's not make this a one off. Let's stack some wins!

Comment

• Formula 21
                  The Future is Now
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Republic of San Diego
                  • Send PM

Records, records, records: Sunday marked the 10th career game of 12 or more catches for Allen, an NFL record. He had entered the game tied with Wes Welker at nine.

With eight receptions, Austin Ekeler pushed his career total to 375, the most for an undrafted running back in the common draft era, which dates to 1967.

Ekeler has 93 catches for the season, the most of his career and also an NFL record for a running back through 13 games.

Herbert’s 39 completions were the second most in a game by a Chargers quarterback. Philip Rivers completed 43 passes against Green Bay in 2015.
                  Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                  The Wasted Decade is done.
                  Build Back Better.

Comment

• chargeroo
                    Fan since 1961
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Oregon
                    • Retired Manager/Pastor
                    • Send PM

Herbert is such a cool-headed guy. He stands in there and makes his plays with people all over him. I think his patience is outstanding! I've been a Charger fan since that first game at Balboa stadium 61 years ago and I think Herbert is the most cool QB we ever have had.
                    THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• chargeroo
                      Fan since 1961
                      • Jan 2019
                      • Oregon
                      • Retired Manager/Pastor
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                      Records, records, records: Sunday marked the 10th career game of 12 or more catches for Allen, an NFL record. He had entered the game tied with Wes Welker at nine.

With eight receptions, Austin Ekeler pushed his career total to 375, the most for an undrafted running back in the common draft era, which dates to 1967.

Ekeler has 93 catches for the season, the most of his career and also an NFL record for a running back through 13 games.

Herbert’s 39 completions were the second most in a game by a Chargers quarterback. Philip Rivers completed 43 passes against Green Bay in 2015.
                      The Bolts only scored 20 points in that game and we lost. We won this one!
                      THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• northerner
                        Charger fan since '79
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

i was at the game last night and there seemed to be a healthy dose of dolphin fans making noise when we were on offense. how did is sound on the TV?

we were estimating something like a 60-40 or 70-30 edge for charger fans.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                          Pretty much retired......
                          • Sep 2018
                          • JoJa
                          • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                          • Send PM

For the first time this year I absolutely enjoyed watching a game. This game redeemed me from the Browns debacle, where I wanted to toss my cookies. The thing that impressed me the most was Hill's defense. With the Captain on the sidelines and your best CB standing next to him, they were solid......and I mean solid to the point where I wondered to myself "where the hell did this come from???...." And I must say, that was Herbie's most impressive game I have ever watched. He had ZERO time and yet was throwing darts everywhere. Freaking golden to say the least.

Now, I must say the 4th quarter fumble and then the miscue by Palmer ALMOST made this a normal Chargers game, but alas it played out. One thing I would like to see though. On the first and goal situations, by second down I want to see a high point ball to Williams. The dude is a freak of nature with some incredible hands......why that isn't the first or second play called every series inside the 10 befuddles me. We did it once and BINGO, six points.

However I digress, this was an incredible and incredibly important team win. Bring on the Titans baby.........

Comment

Working...
                          X