JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post
    A conditional 5th would be nice in the deal...
    ?

LOL, how would that change anything? a conditional 5th would've made you feel better, this wasn't really a trade, it was a cut that involved JC Jackson's agent calling NE and asking to see if they had interest...the chargers went along with it out of sheer desperation and to clear a measly sum of cap space...they are calling this a trade but let's be honest, it's really a cut, the patriots spend 1.5mil in dollars and next to nothing in draft capital simply to avoid competing with other teams on the waiver wire...the chargers could give a flying fuck about compensation, they wanted him gone...
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
      Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
      • Jan 2019
      • Tucson, AZ
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

?

LOL, how would that change anything? a conditional 5th would've made you feel better, this wasn't really a trade, it was a cut that involved JC Jackson's agent calling NE and asking to see if they had interest...the chargers went along with it out of sheer desperation and to clear a measly sum of cap space...they are calling this a trade but let's be honest, it's really a cut, the patriots spend 1.5mil in dollars and next to nothing in draft capital simply to avoid competing with other teams on the waiver wire...the chargers could give a flying fuck about compensation, they wanted him gone...
      Maybe because he was becoming a locker room cancer? Your paid the big bucks and not starting plus almost cost Staley his job with such poor performance. Three strikes and your out at any price.
      Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Riverwalk
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2021
        • Send PM

It amuses me how some think Jackson merely couldn’t fit into Staley’s scheme.

What scheme allows you to commit an unnecessary pass interference to lose a winnable game?

Or that run out of the end zone of a couple yards?

Dude had nothing between his ears.

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

There is nothing guaranteed in the contract after this year from what I have heard so it's just the bonus money.
          You are right. Only two years of his contract were guaranteed. I had thought it was three.

J.C. Jackson contract and salary cap details, full contract breakdowns, salaries, signing bonus, roster bonus, dead money, and valuations.

Comment

• charger1_sj
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Nov 2022
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk

“Trade Grade: D” ????

I would give it an A because of all the cap savings that can be used elsewhere.
            What cap savings? We don't really need it this year and it's only about $6M. We just created $18.8M in dead cap that counts towards next
            year's cap. If we stay with the current roster we'd be $42M over the cap for next year.

We're lucky the Pats took his remaining salary for this year. This was the worst signing for TT as the Chargers GM.

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

What cap savings? We don't really need it this year and it's only about $6M. We just created $18.8M in dead cap that counts towards next
              year's cap. If we stay with the current roster we'd be $42M over the cap for next year.

We're lucky the Pats took his remaining salary for this year. This was the worst signing for TT as the Chargers GM.
              The team needs reinforcements. $6M this year could be a difference maker.

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

I have had it.

I am not gonna quote, because then what I have to say would be personal....it isn't. There are many I have issue with.

I haven't even read the last several posts, but I read a lot today, and have been stewing...

The hypocrisy on this board is pathetic.

Rewind. Free agency 2 years ago. Everybody lamenting that even though the Chargers have a ton of money, they won't sign any big name free agents....cuz they are cheap...Then, we go out and get the most coveted shutdown corner in the league...a guy with an outstanding resume, who was really good...CONSISTENTLY really good throughout his stint with the Patriots....a guy who some on here claimed turned down better offer(s) to play here...and not surprising that...Herbert and company where ascending in popular opinion. He was even projected to make north of 20 mil a year, and we nabbed him for a bit under that.

Now maybe somebody can dig up a post/quote from themselves or someone else, panning that move...but as I remember it, the overall reaction on the forum ranged from pleasant surprise to out right ecstasy...

Now the move is grounds alone to fire TT and Staley? It's on them?

When they talked to him, and told him how he would fit in, and what they expected of him, which, regardless of what system is being run, he already demonstrated ample ability to do, that he said "well, I'm really only good in Bill's system...he knew how to use me...I don't really know about all that scheme stuff your talking about..."? No...He nodded in all the right places, said yes in all the right places...he wanted to get paid. And when he did, he did what a ton of 5th year players do when they get paid...we have all seen it...he went to sleep a litlle bit...would he have recovered? Maybe...maybe if he didn't have the distractions of a screwed up personal life, complete with legal troubles due to his own behavior, not witnessed before, mind you...maybe if he had not blown out his patellar tendon...we will never know.

There is only so much time you can spend truly vetting a high profile FA...the demand is too great, you could lose them. We swung for the fences...and it was a good pitch...but there was vasoline on the ball we didn't have time to see...and as I remember, most on this board complain that we never do just that...go for the big one...

This is on JC. He got paid, he should have thrown himself into the role out of professional pride, but figured he would be just fine as he was, because he was already successful in NE. And after the injury, when he came back less than himself, because the quickness and speed just aren't there yet, instead of being humble and admitting he wasn't physicially ready afterall, when he got benched, he threw a fit and started spouting off. We didn't see all of it, but behind the scenes, I don't doubt there was a big falling out, after we have been so patient with him...after we paid him all that money...

The fact that they had the brass balls and intelligence to cut the cancer out is outstanding...

The 20/20 hindsight hypocrisy on this board by many members is embarrassing....

I'm just glad Roo is still on this board, and reading these posts...thinking of him, and a few others I greatly respect, and Fleets recent admonition on personal attacks...let's just say I am holding back a ton of expicatives, and outright childish insults right now...

This whole debacle is on JC Jackson...the player he was, and the player and person he no doubt presented himself to be in the free agency process, was absolutely someone we should have signed...he is the one who didn't live up to his part of the bargain...period.

Venting complete....
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• charger1_sj
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2022
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

The team needs reinforcements. $6M this year could be a difference maker.
                  Well I was wrong. Looks like the Chargers are paying the major share of his contract this year. So maybe $1.5M in cap savings,
                  but we just signed another CB. Don't know what the vet minimum wage is, but that's likely what we spent since we picked him
                  off waivers.

Just a fiasco for both on the field and the cap. There is just no other way to spin this.

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

They didn't, they are only taking $1.5 million of it...

Comment

• SAY OW 55
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jan 2023
                      • Send PM

Well he was a product of the Bill Bellicheck system. Malcolm Butler.

we can talk about the stats. But that was the red flag. Why is New England getting rid of him?

he wasn’t a Ty Law he wasn’t a Darrell Revis.

guys that had instincts and can play anywhere in any system.

we jumped the gun.

This was a Deangelo Hall signing. Like when he signed with the Raiders and got burned. These corner signings you have to be careful. Namdeui Asamough.

Charles Woodson was a great free agent signing.

Shit at this point develop from within.

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                        Smooth Operation
                        • May 2017
                        • Send PM

Maybe we do play modern football.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SAY OW 55 View Post
                          Well he was a product of the Bill Bellicheck system. Malcolm Butler.

we can talk about the stats. But that was the red flag. Why is New England getting rid of him?

he wasn’t a Ty Law he wasn’t a Darrell Revis.

guys that had instincts and can play anywhere in any system.

we jumped the gun.

This was a Deangelo Hall signing. Like when he signed with the Raiders and got burned. These corner signings you have to be careful. Namdeui Asamough.

Charles Woodson was a great free agent signing.

Shit at this point develop from within.
                          The Patriots tried to extend him in his last year in NE, again attempted to sign him as a FA before we signed him and just traded for him.

So the question of why NE is getting rid of him seems a bit off.

Comment

Working...
                          X