JC Jackson Discussion - Was He a Locker Room Distraction?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wu-dai clan
    Smooth Operation
    • May 2017
    • Send PM

This text sent at 7:42 PM. TPB tweet much earlier in the day. Popper reads the TPB.

We do not play modern football.

Comment

• TexanBeerlover
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2021
      • Send PM

Chargers got JC’d!

Red flag was mysterious inflamed heel/foot before he ever played a down for Chargers. Telesco & lawyers have to do better job protecting assets. Every contract, otherwise pass on player. Tom is paid big bucks for exactly what?

Staley then used him in zone packages instead of what he’s good at as press corner. Imagine both frustrated. In end, both Brandon & Tom must be held accountable. NFL is too competitive not to keep having these calamities both on & off the field.
      Last edited by TexanBeerlover; 10-04-2023, 05:21 PM.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2022
        • White Rock, BC Canada
        • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

Well I was wrong. Looks like the Chargers are paying the major share of his contract this year. So maybe $1.5M in cap savings,
        but we just signed another CB. Don't know what the vet minimum wage is, but that's likely what we spent since we picked him
        off waivers.

Just a fiasco for both on the field and the cap. There is just no other way to spin this.
        It is a fiasco, one of the worst signings ever. But Lone Bolt was right in his previous post. MOST of us were pretty stoked at the time of the signing

Comment

• Fleet 1
          TPB Founder
          • Jun 2013
          • Kauai
          • Send PM

Pats also got a 4th round comp when we signed JC. Then i think they flipped that for 2 later picks. Not sure who they got. I dont think it the first time BB let a guy walk...get a big contract and then get the comp...only to get that player back. I swear an OL did that also. Cant remember who. BB has been doing this for years. Might be the top comp pick team in the league under him. Brady was a comp.

Comment

• Critty
            Dominate the Day.
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

I'm for coaches doing this when it's needed but when it was your guy that you wanted and has been in the building for about 18 months, played in parts of 7 games and cost the team over 40 million and yet to bee seen how much cap space and dead money over the next couple of years?

he just lost the team builder credentials that I had given him, who can afford to build like this?
            I think Eagles GM Roseman has like 50mil in dead cap to deal with, so you know even the best GMs have things like this happen because of contracts that didn't work out and they had to pivot.

Who has it better than us?

Comment

• BayAreaBoltz
              Chargers Hall of Fame
              • Sep 2019
              • Send PM

It'll be a HUGE indictment against Staley IF Jackson reverts back to being amazing when he starts playing for New England.

Not to mention this: "The Chargers and Patriots will square off in Week 13 later this season."

Comment

• Lone Bolt
                Oline-Tip of the Spear...
                • Feb 2019
                • McLean Illinois
                • Pipefitter Illinois State University
                • Send PM

So some of you think we should have KEPT Jackson? Had they done that, and he still didn't pan out? Then I would have been calling for someones job...keeping Jackson and not admitting you were wrong about him(I put most of that on Jackson...he flaked) would be cutting of your nose to spite your face...
                Adopted Bolt: Kimani Vidal RB

Final prediction: Latham OT, Colson LB, Sainristil CB,Rice WR, Zinter OG, Nourzad OC, MacLachlan TE, Vidal RB, Lovett DT

Comment

• wu-dai clan
                  Smooth Operation
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Popper says JCJ looked very good in preseason,
                  before opting for foot surgery.
                  We do not play modern football.

Comment

• 21&500
                    Bolt Spit-Baller
                    • Sep 2018
                    • A Whale's Vajayjay
                    • CMB refugee
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BayAreaBoltz View Post
                    It'll be a HUGE indictment against Staley IF Jackson reverts back to being amazing when he starts playing for New England.

Not to mention this: "The Chargers and Patriots will square off in Week 13 later this season."
                    Not necessarily.
                    2 different situations. JCJ DECIDED to have surgery close to that start of his first season with us, that's just a bad decision both then and in hindsight. Same with not following up on a speeding ticket, same with rushing his rehab.
                    At this point, I kind of expect him to heal and play very well in a familiar scheme and place. Here, it COULD have worked out later and I waa inclined to keep JCJ but it does look like a locker room issue at this point. I think it's a risky decision but one that was needed and my sense is that this brings the locker room more together than the opposite.
                    Tillery-esque.
                    but ya the NE game will basically be the, "I told you so" game. I think he'll bounce back but we'll be better off long term.
                    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Charge!
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Aug 2019
                      • Send PM

how do we only getb a 6th rounder 2 years from now???..... its just like releasing him..... this was just aboput money.... cheap ass Spanos!

watch him seal NE gqame with a pick....

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Well said

The Broncos struck out on Randy Gregory and didn't get any cap savings or even a pick swap.

My biggest point with JC Jackson and yes I was excited. Did they truly think he was a scheme fit even though he played with the Patriots. And we will never know or were they "yeah, the scheme fit might not be perfect, but we can coach him up"
                        The Broncos struck out on Russel Wilson.

Comment

• Boltjolt
                          Dont let the PBs fool ya
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Henderson, NV
                          • Send PM

So been seeing different scenarios on this. We converted some money to a signing bonus and writers who don't know shit about contracts giving opinions.amd seeing different numbers.

So, what is the hard figures and how much dead cap are we paying the next 2 years? Has that come out yet after some hours of since the trade and info?

I've seen 11.3 this year and 18 something next. Are those still true? And if so I'd guess we aren't saving anything on the cap by trading him as dead cap goes against the actual cap.

I'm assuming OTC and Sportrac aren't updated til actual figures of signing bonus paid comes out.

Comment

Working...
                          X