Clear All
  • Caslon
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Apr 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post
    Nick Foles will start at QB for the Colts

Ryan is being benched
    That IS news! Would be more comfortable against Ryan. Don’t need a change up QB lighting a fire under that team.

Comment

• Xenos
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2019
      • Send PM

Ryan is being benched
      Hopefully not an upgrade.

Comment

• Bolt-O
        Administrator
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Ryan is being benched
        from PFT:

Foles takes over for Matt Ryan, who is benched for the second time this season. The first time Ryan was benched, rookie Sam Ehlinger took over, the Colts lost the two games Ehlinger started, and head coach Frank Reich was fired. When Saturday was installed as interim head coach, he immediately put Ryan back in the starting lineup.

But now Saturday has decided to go to Foles, the veteran who has a Pro Bowl season and a Super Bowl MVP on his resume but has mostly been a backup since that Super Bowl MVP-winning performance for the Eagles five years ago. Foles has only played in one game this year, and only for the final two snaps of a 24-0 loss to the Jaguars.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt-O View Post

from PFT:
          There is language in Ryans contract that if he is injured and can't pass a physical in March when the new year league starts, he gets 7.2m. I think this is partly a business decision to save a bunch of cash.

As for Foles - maybe he lights a spark in that team. Chargers should win either way

Comment

• sonorajim
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jan 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Caslon View Post
            All I can say is Staley better not lose this game coming out of red zones with no points going for it on 4th downs and getting stopped. Trust your defense, take the damn 3 points!
            I think most of the time when we go on 4th and fail, we have opponent with their back to the goal, get a stop on D and score on 2nd try. Lately.
            I'm more concerned about ints, fumbles or penalties that kill a big play. Don't screw ourselves. It's ugly to watch.

Comment

• Heatmiser
              BetterToday ThanYesterday
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I think Nick Foles starting is worser for us than Ryan. Both are not very good at this point, but Ryan is just washed out. Foles might be able to make a couple plays.

Don't understand...

1. Why start Foles? Why not the young guy (Ehrlenger?) just to see if he is worth anything? Foles is Foles. A sub average backup with no ceiling.
              2. Why would Saturday announce this now and give Staley time to prepare?

TG
              Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Air Coryell
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2021
                • Carlsbad, CA
                • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                • Send PM

The key is to play with high energy and urgency. Effort will yield results. San Diego SUPERchargers, yeah!

Comment

• Air Coryell
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2021
                  • Carlsbad, CA
                  • Teacher, Coach, CFO
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                  I think Nick Foles starting is worser for us than Ryan. Both are not very good at this point, but Ryan is just washed out. Foles might be able to make a couple plays.

Don't understand...

1. Why start Foles? Why not the young guy (Ehrlenger?) just to see if he is worth anything? Foles is Foles. A sub average backup with no ceiling.

TG
                  John Wooden coaching.... If we take care of what we are supposed to do, it doesn't matter what the opponent is doing.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Don't understand...

TG
                    I don't get why they started Foles over the younger QB unless they see Foles in practice and realize he gives them the best chance to LOSE these last three games. They benched Ryan because of money.

The Colts should be tanking hard these last three games to get the best possible draft pick.

Chargers need to help the tank!

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

I don't get why they started Foles over the younger QB unless they see Foles in practice and realize he gives them the best chance to LOSE these last three games. They benched Ryan because of money.

The Colts should be tanking hard these last three games to get the best possible draft pick.

Chargers need to help the tank!
                      More likely the desperate delusion of Saturday thinking he can somehow salvage his prospects of the HC position if he wins out. Ryan is done and the rookie isn't ready so go with Foles.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Dec 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

More likely the desperate delusion of Saturday thinking he can somehow salvage his prospects of the HC position if he wins out. Ryan is done and the rookie isn't ready so go with Foles.
                        I think if I am Irsay, and I get its monday night football but they need to lose out for the draft pick

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2022
                          • White Rock, BC Canada
                          • Send PM

With a playoff spot up for grabs, the Chargers should be able to beat a 4-9 team led ny Nick Foles.

Comment

Working...
                          X