• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RTPbolt
    Charger Fan till the end
    • Jun 2013
    • North Carolina
    • Send PM

Didnt Taylor tweak his ankle? Wasnt sure if he got back in but that could certainly come into play.

i watched the first 1/2 and multiple mistakes by Minny on ST and O led to turnovers which Indy capitalized on to go up. Indy played well and Minny kept tripping over themselves….then i guess the Minny machine took over.

i think we are plenty capable and hopefully we see DJ and maybe a Bosa? Just take care of business and get another important AFC win here.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
      Pretty much retired......
      • Sep 2018
      • JoJa
      • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
      • Send PM

Embarrassed professionals are dangerous men in the NFL. The Colts are an embarrassed bunch this morning. I would love to see us put together both sides of the ball for 60 minutes this Monday. We HAVE to as there is no losing with 3 games to go. An extra day of rest will be nice, especially with the travel, but that just cuts off our prep for our Sunday nighter against the Rams.

So in other words just win the next 3 games.

Comment

• Heatmiser
        HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
        I can just hear the Colts locker room this week: "Guys, we're better than this. We were embarrassed against the Vikings and this is our chance to redeem ourselves. The Chargers have playoffs hopes and it would be quite an accomplishment, after the Minnesota game, to throw a wrench into their plans. We're professionals, we have pride and we have something to prove! So let's go out and kick some ass!"

In other words, the Chargers can't afford to take this team lightly.
        I hear ya, Q. But bottom line, we fans have no impact on this stuff. NFL players make a ton of money. They should be up for every game, they should know what is at stake (especially after how last year ended going 1-3 the last four), they should know that the difference between teams is not that great, and there is no way, in God's green earth, that our favorite team should be feeling over confident after how this entire season has gone. In preseason, Staley was speaking and said being a winning team is not good enough. They need to be a dominant team. Name one game, even one quarter where this team dominated its opponent. These are young guys and who knows, despite all this they might come out flat. They got up to beat two playoff teams, now they play a team everyone expects them to beat. I hope that the vets like Van Noy and Mack don't let that happen and I hope Lombardi uses the last three games as a laboratory to advance his offense and play calling.

TG
        Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Dec 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
          I'm just glad we can't lose until AFTER Xmas.
          Jk
          We will finally have our double digit win and officially put all AFC playoff teams on notice. We are coming to "the big dance"

we could end up being the healthiest team in the playoffs by then.
          Well the good thing is the Chargers will know EXACTLY where they stand with respect to the standings
          Jets host the Jags on Thursday - quite the game all of the sudden. First came out probably thinking a "snoozer"

Ravens play Falcons
          Bengals go to NE
          Fish host the Packers on Sunday

So they will know everything
          Granted, they have to win either way

Looks like Taylor will be out
          who knows - they even might start Ehlinger - if you are going to tank, tank

Chargers need a two score win

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Dec 2019
            • Send PM

Originally posted by La Costa Boy View Post
            Embarrassed professionals are dangerous men in the NFL. The Colts are an embarrassed bunch this morning. I would love to see us put together both sides of the ball for 60 minutes this Monday. We HAVE to as there is no losing with 3 games to go. An extra day of rest will be nice, especially with the travel, but that just cuts off our prep for our Sunday nighter against the Rams.

So in other words just win the next 3 games.
            Embarassed is one thing
            That loss Saturday was an all-timer
            Plus the Colts upper management has reasons to "see what the young players can do"

Chargers need to show the hell up though

Comment

• Heatmiser
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by RTPbolt View Post
              Didnt Taylor tweak his ankle? Wasnt sure if he got back in but that could certainly come into play.

i watched the first 1/2 and multiple mistakes by Minny on ST and O led to turnovers which Indy capitalized on to go up. Indy played well and Minny kept tripping over themselves….then i guess the Minny machine took over.

i think we are plenty capable and hopefully we see DJ and maybe a Bosa? Just take care of business and get another important AFC win here.
              Yes, I heard he sprained it and the immediate word was that it was not too serious (meaning he may be able to play again before the season ends). He is a very important part of that offense and him not playing will be beneficial to our team.

Post script: Just now read he is out for remainder of season. Also some are saying Colts should trade him. That would be really, really stupid of the Colts.

TG

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post

Yes, I heard he sprained it and the immediate word was that it was not too serious (meaning he may be able to play again before the season ends). He is a very important part of that offense and him not playing will be beneficial to our team.

Post script: Just now read he is out for remainder of season. Also some are saying Colts should trade him. That would be really, really stupid of the Colts.

TG
                Colts shouldn't trade him
                they should figure out how to get Matt Ryan to "retire" with a cash settlement - wink wink
                they need to tank for a QB - and quit this year to year QB stuff. Rivers to Wentz to Ryan. I get the Luck thing - and Rivers did play well the one year - but it was just one year.

As for Monday - have a good week of practice and just win the game. Would prefer a nice three score victory with Daniels playing the 4th quarter but will take a W like yesterday

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                  Grammar Police
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Siri's NFL radio saying Tayors season is done high ankle sprain.
                  Go Rivers!

Comment

• Disco Volante
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Mar 2020
                    • Send PM

almost all of our games are close. almost all colts games are close. no reason to think this is going to be easy.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Dec 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Disco Volante View Post
                      almost all of our games are close. almost all colts games are close. no reason to think this is going to be easy.
                      Chargers wins
                      Raiders +5
                      Texans +10
                      Browns +2
                      Falcons +3
                      Cardinals +1
                      Broncos +3
                      Titans +3
                      Fish +6

Chargers know how to keep it close
                      Would be nice to get a two score win this Sunday

Comment

• Heatmiser
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Wow. Colts paying Reich $9M/yr through 2026. I saw on one of the media outlets that across the NFL, teams are paying fired coaches and GMs $800M. Think about that.

Also Saturday considering benching Ryan, although I don't think you can blame Ryan for that monumental come back loss. He was subject to Lombardi type play calling. Almost all behind the line of scrimmage throws, bubble screens, etc

TG

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Sep 2019
                          • Send PM

I have zero confidence in this team playing a high effort afternoon game against a slapdick team, but thankfully this game is on Monday night. Indy defense is solid. Not a gimmee game by any means.

Comment

Working...
                          X