• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Xenos
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Feb 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

LOL really so the scrambling he does is all planned? Ok then.
    I think he does ad lib things. I don’t think that’s mastering a scheme.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Dec 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Pride. That’s it. Being a professional
      That is true - playing for pride. But Taylor is going to be shut down
      If other players are nicked up - they probably will start resting them
      The Colts are in the market for a QB and the best way to draft one is finish 4-12-1.

It might be a management decision to "play the young guys to see what we have"

And the Chargers will still play down to the competition needing a FG or a 4th down stop from the 17 to win ....

Comment

• NashBolt
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Nov 2022
        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

I was partly joking that they’d have nothing to play for at all. But the notion that their immense failure, humiliation, complete collapse, seeming franchise disarray, will paradoxically drive them to work harder and fight harder and play better than ever, surpassing actual thriving successful teams is just fantastic projection bordering on imagination.

These aren’t kids, they are professional football players and they know this is a business. They are as able to balance the business calculations as any of us. And the business calculation is they have nothing to gain by going an extra mile and risking a major injury by dialing it to 11 and bleeding 1000% on the field. They are already thinking about next year and I guarantee some players are thinking about themselves, their families, and their future way beyond 2022 Colts season.

They will play real ball as they are real ball players. No one should expect they just roll over. But they won’t bring any extra magic super juice secret weapon sauce. They are a 4-9-1 team thinking about vacation plans after a long shit season.
        You had me at "extra magic super juice secret weapon sauce." Bottle that shit up.

Comment

• electricgold
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Apr 2020
          • Send PM

The future is getting brighter day by day and in every way for the The Los Angeles Chargers of Southern California!!!!!!! Gotta get this win on Monday night!!!!!!!! Going forward the best we could do is draft and sign prime free agents who will protect our QB, and prime players that will bring pressure to the QB! if we keep that as our main goal while getting better each week The SKIES the LIMIT!!!!!!!!!!

playoff or bust!

Comment

• The Intellectual Assassin
            Serenity now!
            • Sep 2021
            • North Carolina
            • Teacher
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

That is true - playing for pride. But Taylor is going to be shut down
            If other players are nicked up - they probably will start resting them
            The Colts are in the market for a QB and the best way to draft one is finish 4-12-1.

It might be a management decision to "play the young guys to see what we have"

And the Chargers will still play down to the competition needing a FG or a 4th down stop from the 17 to win ....
            That's the spirit friend

But seriously though, I just have a good feeling that we will come out and lay the pipe to these dudes on Monday night.

Bolts 35- Colts 10

Comment

• Berserker76
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by The Intellectual Assassin View Post

That's the spirit friend

But seriously though, I just have a good feeling that we will come out and lay the pipe to these dudes on Monday night.

Bolts 35- Colts 10
              That would be awesome.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                Charger Fan since 1978
                • Sep 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by QSmokey View Post
                I can just hear the Colts locker room this week: "Guys, we're better than this. We were embarrassed against the Vikings and this is our chance to redeem ourselves. The Chargers have playoffs hopes and it would be quite an accomplishment, after the Minnesota game, to throw a wrench into their plans. We're professionals, we have pride and we have something to prove! So let's go out and kick some ass!"

In other words, the Chargers can't afford to take this team lightly.
                The colts are loaded with top talent, one of the most disappointing records and teams for the 2021 and 2022 seasons, they have a playoff caliber roster!…the owner meddles in everything and replaced phillip rivers after PR took them to the playoffs even tho the fucking coach choked in that game with his lame ass chicken shit play calling…they were so stupid and disrespectful to Rivers and have gone completely down hill since they let him go, those stupid fucks!

I hope the chargers rip them a new one just for the way they treated PR!
                "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2020
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

The colts are loaded with top talent, one of the most disappointing records and teams for the 2021 and 2022 seasons, they have a playoff caliber roster!…the owner meddles in everything and replaced phillip rivers after PR took them to the playoffs even tho the fucking coach choked in that game with his lame ass chicken shit play calling…they were so stupid and disrespectful to Rivers and have gone completely down hill since they let him go, those stupid fucks!

I hope the chargers rip them a new one just for the way they treated PR!
                  I don't understand why Reich is so highly touted as a coach. Frankly, he made me want to watch the Chargers even less than I did the years he was OC here. I stopped watching for the most part in 2011 when Greg Manusky became DC after Rivera left, and was less than enthused with the McCoy hiring which made me tune out even more. Sure, you can say he had success with the Eagles, but how much of the offense was really engineered by him, or was it really all Doug Pedersen? He mostly rode Andrew Luck for one year and then it went to shit. I would bet Rivers ran most of that Colts offense from the line of scrimmage in that one successful year, honestly.

Dare I say it, but the Frank Reich Chargers offense is not unlike the Joe Lombardi offense -- bland, boring and predictable. A lot of rushes for no or little gain on early downs, short and intermediate throws to the sidelines and middle of the field.

Say what you will about Norv as HC, but as an OC, at least you could expect some explosive plays and creative play calls within the duration of a game, while equally being hampered by shit offensive lines and no running game.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
                    Charger Fan since 1978
                    • Sep 2021
                    • Send PM

One thing that bodes well for this upcoming game…up until the dolphins and titans wins the chargers were 2-3 at home and 4-3 on the road…under staley they have at times looked better on the road than at home and in primetime the team seems to have a little extra too…I don’t know why but staley seems to prepare them better for road games, denver and houston (in 2021)games being the big exceptions…this year the team won in cleveland, atlanta, and phoenix under adverse conditions and almost won in SF and KC too…the worse losses the chargers had this year came at Scofi were they laid an egg against the jaguars and the seahawks…

I don’t know what it is but this team seems more focused and competitive on the road, at some point last year they also had a better away record too, it took back to back wins against miami and tennessee this year for them to pull even their home record with their away record at 4-3…

it might be ugly but our defense holds them to 17 points and our offense scores 26 points courtesy of 4 short dicker FGs…
                    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

I don't understand why Reich is so highly touted as a coach. Frankly, he made me want to watch the Chargers even less than I did the years he was OC here. I stopped watching for the most part in 2011 when Greg Manusky became DC after Rivera left, and was less than enthused with the McCoy hiring which made me tune out even more. Sure, you can say he had success with the Eagles, but how much of the offense was really engineered by him, or was it really all Doug Pedersen? He mostly rode Andrew Luck for one year and then it went to shit. I would bet Rivers ran most of that Colts offense from the line of scrimmage in that one successful year, honestly.
                      Overwhelming consensus that I recall was the collective “we” didnt like him when he was here; after he left he gained folk hero status for some reason.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Nov 2020
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Overwhelming consensus that I recall was the collective “we” didnt like him when he was here; after he left he gained folk hero status for some reason.
                        Mostly because of the success of the Eagles with Wentz and Foles which I don't think he deserves credit for.

I edited my previous post on this subject too, because as far as I remember it, this current offense under Lombardi isn't unlike Reich's offense when he was OC here during the McCoy years, to be honest.

Comment

• sonorajim
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post

LOL really so the scrambling he does is all planned? Ok then.
                          Not ALL. There is some ad lib in plays that broke down.
                          Mostly they play like they practice. KC has a very good offense.Reid, Bienemy call a great game.

Comment

Working...
                          X