• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fouts2herbert
    Charger Fan since 1978
    • Sep 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    I'd like to see the offense score +30 pts per game for these next three. They've only reached 30 twice, @Texans (34) and @Browns (30). I'd love to see a 40 burger in the next three games. The offense is capable of doing it, they need better play-calling/execution in the red zone.
    Why? I’d rather they win all of those games, by one point, by three points, I could give two shits about scoring a lot of points, just get the wins!

I don’t care what the rankings and records are ALL THREE of those teams have super talented defenses so not sure what those expectations are based on, your just setting yourself up for some disappointment…
    "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• NashBolt
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2022
      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
      Just read that the Colts are 3-0 against the AFC West this year. We will not let them go 4-0!
      What do you think Rich, is there a blowout win in the Chargers near future /

Comment

• SuperCharged
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Utah
        • Midnight Toker
        • Send PM

I'd do anything to get Peyton. That lil twinkle in his eye when started talking about Herbert in his interview gave me chills. No offence to Staley.

We have NO excuses now. Next 3 games all teams with losing records.

Freaking lombardi needs to pull up his big boy pants and play aggressive. No more 2 yard flat routes. Get aggressive down the field. We do not hit the mid level routes well at all. 20 yard digs or out routes are non existent. It's either short stick routes or something at or near the sticks. We should be hitting 20-30 yards routes much more frequently. YPC says it all.

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
          Charger Fan since 1978
          • Sep 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SuperCharged View Post
          I'd do anything to get Peyton. That lil twinkle in his eye when started talking about Herbert in his interview gave me chills. No offence to Staley.
          IDK, he has a history of doing shady shit…who do you think connected Staley to Lombardi? Sounds like sabotage to me. He recommends a guy he himself wouldn’t trust to run his own offense AND he has been outspoken in the media about wanting Staley’s fucking job, DAMN, talk about classy!

Plus considering Staley is a former disciple? Wow, sean comes out looking like a world class asshole IMHO. Be careful what you wish for…
          "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• chargeroo
            Fan since 1961
            • Jan 2019
            • Oregon
            • Retired Manager/Pastor
            • Send PM

I don't think this Colts team is a pushover. Yes, they blew a big lead at Minn. but they did a number on the Vikings in the first half. I do think the Bolts will be fired up because they are so close to making the playoffs but I also think Indy will be fired up to show the world that they are better than they were in that second half at Minn. This could be another of those close games that are decided in the last minute.
            THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• SuperCharged
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Sep 2019
              • Utah
              • Midnight Toker
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

IDK, he has a history of doing shady shit…who do you think connected Staley to Lombardi? Sounds like sabotage to me. He recommends a guy he himself wouldn’t trust to run his own offense AND he has been outspoken in the media about wanting Staley’s fucking job, DAMN, talk about classy!

Plus considering Staley is a former disciple? Wow, sean comes out looking like a world class asshole IMHO. Be careful what you wish for…
              I mean you could look at it that way.

What if he's just a coach seeing a talent like Herbert that is appealing to him. He shouldn't do it out of etiquette? F that.
              If he is confident enough to believe he can get rings with Herbert. He's earned that right fIMO.

Herbert is a player ANY QB oriented coach would love to hitch their wagon to. Im not going to fault him for his attraction to a superstar young QB. And if he can get us a ring he can offend everyone for all I care.

Comment

• chargeroo
                Fan since 1961
                • Jan 2019
                • Oregon
                • Retired Manager/Pastor
                • Send PM

What about morals? Can't you see that it's a bit immoral to be openly seeking a position that isn't open?
                THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• sonorajim
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jan 2019
                  • Send PM

Colts defense is top 10 vs pass, get 8th most sacks in NFL. They defend best what we do best and are strong at pass rush vs our weak pass pro.
                  Definitely Not a gimme in spite of the fact that they don't have an offensive strength.
                  We have to protect the ball on offense, stay disciplined on D.

Comment

• bartman83642
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jan 2019
                    • Send PM

Bolts & Colts. Without Taylor I think Indy's offense sputters. However we are always good for a crucial mistake or to but the Bolts end up getting the win. Somewhere in the 21-10 or 24-13 range.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                      Day Tripper
                      • May 2019
                      • North of the Lagoon
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post

Not ALL. There is some ad lib in plays that broke down.
                      Mostly they play like they practice. KC has a very good offense.Reid, Bienemy call a great game.
                      Yeah but Reid, Bienemy calling great games is the exact opposite of Mahomey runs the show? Wasn’t that the point being countered to start this latest maslobbering mahosefest - Justin should be allowed to run the offense like mahamster is?

Genius Reid and Bienemy were barely able to squeak out a LUCKY WIN vs the worst team in the NFL on Sunday. The most esteemed strategists in the land couldn’t figure out how to beat the hapless Texans in regulation yet this forum had a meltdown we only won by a comfortable 10 pts

perspective is lacking in these parts. Not referencing you, just a general comment. Folks here think all this shit is so easy, like Staley and Co are running out on the field to oppose stationary pylons or something and every win less than 20 pts is in reality a failure.
                      “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• QSmokey
                        Guardedly Optimistic
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Kuna, Idaho
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

Perspective is lacking in these parts. Not referencing you, just a general comment. Folks here think all this shit is so easy, like Staley and Co are running out on the field to oppose stationary pylons or something and every win less than 20 pts is in reality a failure.
                        The thing that bugs me is that no matter WHO the opponent is, we still manage to play a 1-score game (even the Texans game, not really "comfortable", IMO, as we blew a 17-pt lead at one point). So it doesn't matter if the team we're playing is 7-3 or 3-7, it's always a close game. Why is that? There are a couple of teams on the schedule who we should have put away easily, and we didn't. Do we just play down (or up) to the level of competition? It's maddening. I would wager to guess that we're the only team with a winning record that has NOT scored an easy win. Yet we've been blown away, ourselves, in at least 2 games (Jax, Seattle).

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Dec 2019
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by sonorajim View Post
                          Colts defense is top 10 vs pass, get 8th most sacks in NFL. They defend best what we do best and are strong at pass rush vs our weak pass pro.
                          Definitely Not a gimme in spite of the fact that they don't have an offensive strength.
                          We have to protect the ball on offense, stay disciplined on D.
                          Colts defense have given up 89 points in the 4th quarter the last five games
                          Now maybe some of that was turnovers and short fields
                          the offense is averaging I think around 17 points per game

Chargers need to play smart, protect the ball, don';t give the Colts short fields, make them work down the field

on offense - just score a lot of points

Comment

Working...
                          X