• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

The antenna doesnt work great on all the TVs. One of the bedrooms i have to stream as the local channels arent good in that room with the antenna. Its just using the antenna keeps from using streaming data which Cox allows 1280 GB a month. You can get unlimited but its costs more. We've never come that close to using it all up. We used 683 GB last month and once 750GB....and that includes using phone/tablet, PC wifi data as well.
    Yeah, the antenna option is a crapshoot depending on where you live. If you have Internet download cap limits and don't want cable, it makes sense though if you are in the vicinity to capture OTA distribution. I'm with Spectrum and I pay $50 a month for unlimited uncapped Internet so I don't worry about data caps.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Nov 2020
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

That's a question I had. Does YouTube TV have DVR-like options like pause, reverse, and forward, so you can pause the game and go back and re-watch a play? Or is it like streaming a game on your computer from one of the "free" streaming sites, where all you can do is sit there and watch the game play through?
      The TV app of YT TV has a pause with a 15 sec forward-rewind capability. There is no granularity that I'm aware of to allow it to be less or more than that, at least on the TV app. The desktop version allows you that granularity similar to YouTube on desktop where you can choose playback speed to be 25% or 50% (or a custom percentage) of the original speed.

If you want to watch a play unfold very slowly, it's only on desktop, unfortunately. If you don't need that option on your TV, and just want to watch any play at regular speed, the 15-sec rewind-forward capability should be enough. Most of the time, I watch at regular speed, and I take full advantage of the "Key Plays" feature for games I don't particularly want to watch in their entirety.

Just to note, the 15-sec rewind-forward is only if you press the rewind/back or forward button on your remote once. If you hold the button, it'll skip through everything very fast, but still at 15-sec intervals. It's basically a still frame pause, rewind-forward locked at 15-sec intervals, so depending on how quickly you press or hold the back/rewind/forward button, that's how quickly it'll skip through the 15-sec still frames from wherever you are currently in the stream. When you find the still frame that you want to begin your playback from, you just press OK to resume streaming at regular speed from that point.
      Last edited by jaguarmanftype; 12-24-2022, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• cmplxgal
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jul 2017
        • New Jersey
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post
        The TV app of YT TV has a pause with a 15 sec forward-rewind capability

Thanks so much! I am definitely going to look into this. Here's a very good review of YouTube TV from CNET in October:

YouTube TV delivers a top-notch live TV streaming service experience with an extensive list of channels, but it isn't quite the value it used to be.

Comment

• Boltjolt
          Dont let the PBs fool ya
          • Jun 2013
          • Henderson, NV
          • Send PM

Originally posted by jaguarmanftype View Post

Yeah, the antenna option is a crapshoot depending on where you live. If you have Internet download cap limits and don't want cable, it makes sense though if you are in the vicinity to capture OTA distribution. I'm with Spectrum and I pay $50 a month for unlimited uncapped Internet so I don't worry about data caps.
          For the most part the antenna works real good. Also we don't really watch many movies and I can watch pretty much any i want to. Even those in theaters now.

We just aren't movie buffs. I'm more a documentary person.

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
            Let's do this!
            • Aug 2022
            • Raleigh N. Carolina
            • Send PM

Hopefully they will have ala carte, single day or single team packages like NBA and MlB offer.

Comment

• Parcells
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

I got married in June of 2006. Then I signed up for DirecTV so I could have the Sunday Ticket that year in early September. So I’ve been with them for 16+ years and it’s my 17th season with Sunday Ticket. Over that time DirecTV has had their service go to shit. I’ve been licking my chops to get rid of them. I currently pay $230 a month for DirecTV and another $300 a year for Sunday Ticket. Now, I’ve got a ton of extra networks like HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc. But the extra costs for DirecTV are ridiculous. I pay for receivers. And a protection plan. And other stuff. And their service sucks.

Plus I over pay foe shitty AT&T internet. So I’m looking forward to dropping AT&T entirely, both with DirecTV and internet.

Comment

• Parcells
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Everyone I know with YouTube tv loves it.

Comment

• Heatmiser
                  HarbaughHarrisonHeatMiser
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Parcells View Post
                  I got married in June of 2006. Then I signed up for DirecTV so I could have the Sunday Ticket that year in early September. So I’ve been with them for 16+ years and it’s my 17th season with Sunday Ticket. Over that time DirecTV has had their service go to shit. I’ve been licking my chops to get rid of them. I currently pay $230 a month for DirecTV and another $300 a year for Sunday Ticket. Now, I’ve got a ton of extra networks like HBO, Showtime, Starz, etc. But the extra costs for DirecTV are ridiculous. I pay for receivers. And a protection plan. And other stuff. And their service sucks.

Plus I over pay foe shitty AT&T internet. So I’m looking forward to dropping AT&T entirely, both with DirecTV and internet.
                  Very similar story for me. When ATT bought directV, they became just awful.I got rid of them 3 years ago and have not regretted it. One lesson I will share with you is that they require you to return all your in house equipment (not the dish, but rather the boxes,cards,remotes). They send you a box with labels and bar codes and all to ship it to them. I did that and put all three boxes in the same box they sent me. They claimed I only returned two of them and said they had no record of receiving the third one. I luckily took pictures of each box as I put it in the shipping box and then a final picture showing all three of them in the return box. That saved me from paying an unwarranted fee (after many conversations with their terrible customer service along the way). They wanted to charge me several hundred dollars for this as punishment. I asked them what they were going to do with the old boxes and they said destroy them. So it really was all just about punishing a customer for leaving. Highly recommend you do this when you give them the boot, brother.

TG
                  Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• Boltdiehard
                    The Precious
                    • May 2019
                    • Send PM

I dropped DTV not long after AT&T bought them and they still contact me wanting me back. And yes make sure you photograph and document all equipment returns. Losing Sunday Ticket has to hurt and for many of us it was the main reason for signing up.

Comment

• captaind
                      Cook This Pork Chops
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Mars
                      • Ball Holder
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltdiehard View Post
                      And yes make sure you photograph and document all equipment returns.
                      Good advice. Although when I canceled their internet service recently, UPS seems to have a good process for tracking return of equipment now. They still cautioned me to keep the return documentation for 6 months just in case I got a bill from AT&T from out of nowhere.

I didn't have much of an alternative until recently. True story, though....when we moved into this house, the AT&T guy said I needed to upgrade the box. So he installed the new one & took the old one with him. Next thing I know, I'm getting a bill for $150 for not returning it. I called them and they just denied, denied, denied they had it. So I tell the lady to give me the address of where their local office is so I can be there with the police first thing in the morning. I had the tech's name, and he's committed the crime of larceny. She panicked, put me on hold, then came back and said she credited the $150, anything else I can do for you? I hate AT&T. So happy to have finally gotten rid of them.

Comment

• cmplxgal
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • New Jersey
                        • Send PM

I had DirecTV for about 10 years, but ending 11 years ago. It looks like I was lucky to have missed the AT&T chapter of things!
                        Last edited by cmplxgal; 12-26-2022, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• richpjr
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Nashville
                          • Send PM

I look forward to a better app than the crappy Sunday Ticket they currently offer on my Apple TV.

Comment

Working...
                          X