Chargers at Colts Game Day Thread | Post Game Reaction (Wk 16)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ghost of Quacksaw
    Beef Before Gazelles
    • May 2021
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

It was also under two minutes so Staley couldn’t challenge it. Here’s a closer look at the 45 second mark. What do you all think?

I saw no evidence that he stepped on chalk.

Comment

• Heatmiser
      BetterToday ThanYesterday
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

He stepped on the boundary two times, unfortunately. It was really close. But correct call.
      Like, how am I a traitor? Your team are traitors.

Comment

• ChargingBolts
        Superbowl?
        • Sep 2018
        • Los Angeles/Chicago
        • Send PM

The replay they showed in the Indy dome was the best angle overhead, he looked out and obviously the home team is going to show that angle to get the crowd going

Comment

• AK47
          Registered Charger Fan
          • May 2019
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
          He stepped on the boundary two times, unfortunately. It was really close. But correct call.
          KA's footwork is usually better/tighter. He must be a bit rusty.

Comment

• Formula 21
            The Future is Now
            • Jun 2013
            • Republic of San Diego
            • Send PM

QB Rankings

Rank
            Justin Herbert2022 stats: 15 games | 68 pct | 4,254 pass yds | 6.7 ypa | 21 pass TD | 10 INT | 146 rush yds | 0 rush TD | 7 fumbles

Forced to watch yet another nationally televised Colts game, fans at least got a glimpse of Herbert under the lights. It was hardly his meatiest outing; Herbert threw for 235 yards and a pick, and he lost a fumble. Next Gen Stats, though, points to a passer under constant heat from Indy, posting a career high in pressure rate (45.7 percent). Herbert still logged a completion rate over expectation of +10.2 percentage points (the fifth-highest mark in career). His wild sidearm rope to Mike Williams came with a blue-clad behemoth in his face -- a pass few could dream of -- but Monday night raised further ire over play-caller Joe Lombardi's hemmed-in usage of the playoff-bound Herbert:

Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
            The Wasted Decade is done.
            Build Back Better.

Comment

• Formula 21
              The Future is Now
              • Jun 2013
              • Republic of San Diego
              • Send PM

Gus Bradley pressuring Herbert on 45.7 percent of snaps? Gus Bradley who drops his D to the goal line and doesn’t pressure anybody?

You can tell what the book on playing the Bolts is. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Until not-Vince starts making the opponent pay for this strategy, it will continue.
              Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
              The Wasted Decade is done.
              Build Back Better.

Comment

• Canal Zone Bolt Fan
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2020
                • Indianapolis, IN
                • Send PM

Originally posted by AK47 View Post

KA's footwork is usually better/tighter. He must be a bit rusty.
                Catching the ball with his body turned the way he was and running, he didn’t have a lot of room to compose himself before sprinting down the sidelines.

Comment

• jamrock
                  lawyers, guns and money
                  • Sep 2017
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Canal Zone Bolt Fan View Post

Catching the ball with his body turned the way he was and running, he didn’t have a lot of room to compose himself before sprinting down the sidelines.
                  That throw by JH was impressive

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                    Day Tripper
                    • May 2019
                    • North of the Lagoon
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                    The replay they showed in the Indy dome was the best angle overhead, he looked out and obviously the home team is going to show that angle to get the crowd going
                    I saw one angle that didnt show me he was in, damn it was close like a tickle. he should have just stayed in bounds, weird nobody criticized him here. A younger Slayer makes that corner turn fast enough to avoid the sideline
                    “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• AZBolt
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Mar 2019
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargingBolts View Post
                      I was at the game, a good amount of Charger fans ... but ... being to many "home" games in L.A. we were way too polite, I was just at that Dolphin game and those fans were loud and rowdy until we took them out of the game, (I'm sure fans that have been to Raider games know what I mean) you could hear a pin drop in Indy, I feel the only person hollering was me occasionally. I would of liked to go to that game in Glendale AZ that seemed that was the best road crowd we've ever got, anyone at that game?
                      I was at the game, and Charger fan presence was like 15-20% estimate…..Cardinal fans are classy, pulling for their team and not looking for trouble…..Enjoyed the game, and what a finish!!

Comment

• AZBolt
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Mar 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post
                        Gus Bradley pressuring Herbert on 45.7 percent of snaps? Gus Bradley who drops his D to the goal line and doesn’t pressure anybody?

You can tell what the book on playing the Bolts is. Pressure, pressure, pressure. Until not-Vince starts making the opponent pay for this strategy, it will continue.
                        Getting Slater back healthy will fix a fair amount of this pressure problem.

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

worth another look. Fehoko doesn’t give an inch. Practice squad guy who got his break with injuries and has made the most of it. Gilman flying over the top.

Comment

Working...
                          X