• Show
Clear All
  • 21&500
    Bolt Spit-Baller
    • Sep 2018
    • A Whale's Vajayjay
    • CMB refugee
    • Send PM

Okay, I seriously can't tell watching the 22.
    on Herbert's interception vs Colts in the first quarter,
    Does the defender tip the ball or does the ball just bounce off of KAs hands?
    Hard to see.
    TIA.
    Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
      Let's do this!
      • Aug 2022
      • Raleigh N. Carolina
      • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
      Hard to see.
      TIA.
      I remember thinking at the time it was ever so slightly tipped but probably a ball KA should get, and JH was a little off target...

So all of the above... lol

Comment

• OG619FrightninLightnin
        Let's do this!
        • Aug 2022
        • Raleigh N. Carolina
        • Send PM

Our competition has been questionable
        This is giving me pause.

Stopping a 3rd string QB who hasn't played in a year is not a good indicator.

The Tenn and Miami games more so, but still..

Cautionly optimistic

Comment

• richpjr
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Nashville
          • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

This is giving me pause.

Cautionly optimistic
          The competition hasn’t been great in the last 2 games, but so what? We are trending up as we get healthier and that leads to winning and confidence. Nobody expects we will hold the Bills or Chiefs to 3 points. But keep the score down and we have a realistic chance in every game.

Comment

• powderblueboy
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jul 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by OG619FrightninLightnin View Post

This is giving me pause.

Cautionly optimistic
            Nick Foles is a vet .... he doesn't necessarily get better with a lot of reps.
            Chargers D has struggled with backups.

A major part of why Foles looked bad was all the pressure he was getting.
            Colts had their starters on the Oline out there and they got whipped.

Agree, still cautiously optimistic about this D.

Is it decent, elite or something in between?

Comment

• jubei
              Vagabond Ninja
              • Feb 2019
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Spiller was the youngest player that was drafted in 2022, the chargers are basically giving him a redshirt year and he has flashed a couple of times since preseason, he’s a quality player and the best is ahead for him, I think he has a bright future, same for jt woods, redshirt season, ogbonnia was improving superfast and might end up being one of the better picks in a fantastic class! Mack has already justified the #2 they paid, his leadership and the toughness he’s brought to that defense cannot be understimated, taylor is a stud and leonard is already a STs stud with huge upside at CB, horvath is only going to grow as this offense grows…zion is going to be an All pro by year three if not in 2023…
              what makes you think Taylor is a stud? I havent seen enough of him to say that. I'm not arguing against your claim...but I just havent seen enough of him. Leonard for sure has become a ST ace and agree with most of what you said.

Comment

• La Costa Boy
                Pretty much retired......
                • Sep 2018
                • JoJa
                • Bloviator of hot air and rhetoric.
                • Send PM

"Most".......This is why I love the Powder Blues.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Nov 2021
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Nick Foles is a vet .... he doesn't necessarily get better with a lot of reps.
                  Chargers D has struggled with backups.

A major part of why Foles looked bad was all the pressure he was getting.
                  Colts had their starters on the Oline out there and they got whipped.

Nick Foles is a backup and he showed why he’s no longer a starter. He couldn’t hit the side of a barn in that game.

Colts committed 3 turnovers and Chargers only scored 20 points.

A win is great for moral but that team should have been punished with 40+. Offense is not cutting it and needs to work on improving over the next two games.

Comment

• Velo
                    Ride!
                    • Aug 2019
                    • Everywhere
                    • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

Hard to say, shutting down MIA's offense was impressive, especially given Tua's performance the following week in BUF. Shutting down TEN and IND offenses is less impressive, but still positive, given the Bolts' D used to be a get-well remedy for struggling offenses. I'd classify the current LAC D as on the rise.

Comment

• richpjr
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Nashville
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
                      Hard to say, shutting down MIA's offense was impressive, especially given Tua's performance the following week in BUF. Shutting down TEN and IND offenses is less impressive, but still positive, given the Bolts' D used to be a get-well remedy for struggling offenses. I'd classify the current LAC D as on the rise.
                      Shutting down the Titans and Colts is not the same as shutting down an elite offense - but at least we shut them down! That isn't something we saw earlier in the year so we are trending the right way. I think the players also just look more comfortable in what they are supposed to be doing now. Getting more pass rush with Bosa coming back will just make them look even better.

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                        Day Tripper
                        • May 2019
                        • North of the Lagoon
                        • Send PM

Hard to see.
                        TIA.
                        I didnt see a tip but it certainly bounced off Slayer’s chest. My take was he wasn’t quite ready for that perfectly placed missile and it just got in on him too fast. I don’t blame Golden God, receivers must always be ready for missiles because our receivers don’t get open enough for nicely floated puffball tosses. If a ball hits them, its their fault, period. As Slayer himself said last year - “just catch the ball”. Bygones, I’ll take Slayer’s percentages and live with the mysteries of football.
                        “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

Shutting down the Titans and Colts is not the same as shutting down an elite offense - but at least we shut them down! That isn't something we saw earlier in the year so we are trending the right way. I think the players also just look more comfortable in what they are supposed to be doing now. Getting more pass rush with Bosa coming back will just make them look even better.
                          can only beat the opponent you play, imo, and don’t forget Miami. yes - Bosa will be yuuuuuge. Miami scheme and execution was brilliant. Titans seemed good but not extraordinary. Shutting Indy down so completely was very impressive imo. 0-10 on 3rd down, only 3 pts. Thats very tough against ANY NFL team.
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X