Should the Chargers Tank the Last 2 Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UtahBolt
    Did we win?
    • Jun 2013
    • I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.
    • Send PM

Absolutely not. Huge difference between the 5, 6 and 7 seeds. Win 'em both, get the 5 and go full speed into Jacksonville.
    I'll ride the wave...where it takes me.

Comment

• Tomdutchy
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Oct 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post

dumb idea
      Hey it"s still Staley and Lamebo

Comment

• Air Coryell
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jan 2021
        • Carlsbad, CA
        • Teacher, Coach, CFO
        • Send PM

Play everyone, but cut the snap counts in half for the key men. Especially vs Denver. Need to be healthy.

Comment

• Riverwalk
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Nov 2021
          • Send PM

The advertisers on TV and fans that attend games are the ones that pay the salaries. I’m sure they would like to see the teams best effort.

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
            Honestly, does anyone think we can win it all this year? Do you really think we can win the championship? I don't think so, with the flaws and weaknesses displayed this year by the team. If they were a legit contender I would consider the resting players. As some have said, the offense and defense needs to get on track. I still don't like the run defense, it's still bad. The offense is bad in the third quarter and sometimes the first quarter.

Playing an AFC South team is winnable and would be a confidence builder, than playing a tougher opponent so soon who is an AFC North opponent.
            Absolutely.
            Chargers vs. Everyone

Comment

• Riverwalk
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Nov 2021
              • Send PM

Honestly, does anyone think we can win it all this year? Do you really think we can win the championship? I don't think so, with the flaws and weaknesses displayed this year by the team. If they were a legit contender I would consider the resting players. As some have said, the offense and defense needs to get on track. I still don't like the run defense, it's still bad. The offense is bad in the third quarter and sometimes the first quarter.

Playing an AFC South team is winnable and would be a confidence builder, than playing a tougher opponent so soon who is an AFC North opponent.
              With the addition of Bosa I’m a believer in the defense being SB capable.

I don’t have the same confidence in the offense. That’s why I’d like to see the starters play and try to improve over the next two weeks.

Use analytics to strip the plays not working out of the play book and design some new ones.

Comment

• Budsman
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

No tanking but be smart with the players who might be hurt

Like James - concussion - just rest him
                Ekeler - limit carries or rest

The Chargers can still get the 5th seed -- that means TN or Jacksonville.
                I think this is a great time to see what Kelly and Spiller have. If we can get them going going into the playoffs with a rested AE, that could be great.

Comment

• Budsman
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2017
                  • Send PM

Uh yeah, 100% we have a lot of talent that if they peak at the right time can win it all. No doubt it’s in the range of possibilities, is it likely, probably not but if it were to obvious it wouldn’t be fun to watch.

here’s hoping!

Comment

• jamrock
                    lawyers, guns and money
                    • Sep 2017
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Budsman View Post

I think this is a great time to see what Kelly and Spiller have. If we can get them going going into the playoffs with a rested AE, that could be great.
                    Denver would be a fine time to see if Spiller has what it takes

Comment

• powderblueboy
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2017
                      • Send PM

Resting players the final regular season game in prep for the playoffs has really served the Chargers well historically.

Comment

• Kellyb72601
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Sep 2019
                        • Send PM

The offense will improve the most approaching this as an extended bye week: get everyone some rest, do lots of self scouting, work on new wrinkles, and gameplan for defenses you're gonna face. Nobody ever plays during a bye week but most teams come out of a bye week playing better football. At this point in the season taking time off does more good in the way of rest then playing more games helps you. The offense isn't gonna all the sudden turn things around in week 17 of the season. They are who they are. When they play aggressive or play from behind they're pretty good. It's a mindset thing. I'm on record saying I hope we lose the final 2 games because I want KC @ arrowhead, but if Chase Daniel and the other 2nd stringers can pull off a couple of victories more power to them. I'm gonna be extremely upset if any starter gets injured or goes on IR in these last 2 worthless games.

Comment

• jaguarmanftype
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2020
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
                          The offense will improve the most approaching this as an extended bye week: get everyone some rest, do lots of self scouting, work on new wrinkles, and gameplan for defenses you're gonna face.
                          They need to start practicing throwing passes to Jaimes and Norton. I need more linemen out there playing under the guise of bullshit roles such as FB and TE.

Comment

Working...
                          X