Should the Chargers Tank the Last 2 Games?

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jamrock
    lawyers, guns and money
    • Sep 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post
    The offense will improve the most approaching this as an extended bye week: get everyone some rest, do lots of self scouting, work on new wrinkles, and gameplan for defenses you're gonna face. Nobody ever plays during a bye week but most teams come out of a bye week playing better football. At this point in the season taking time off does more good in the way of rest then playing more games helps you. The offense isn't gonna all the sudden turn things around in week 17 of the season. They are who they are. When they play aggressive or play from behind they're pretty good. It's a mindset thing. I'm on record saying I hope we lose the final 2 games because I want KC @ arrowhead, but if Chase Daniel and the other 2nd stringers can pull off a couple of victories more power to them. I'm gonna be extremely upset if any starter gets injured or goes on IR in these last 2 worthless games.
    You’ve been upset the whole season so it will just be business as usual unless “extremely” is a level up

Comment

• TTThunder
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2013
      • Send PM

Bang up players -> rest

Healthy & unused / not used much players (eg. Spiller) -> play a lot

Go Bolts!!!

Comment

• Kellyb72601
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

You’ve been upset the whole season so it will just be business as usual unless “extremely” is a level up
        You definitely got me there

Comment

• NoMoreChillies
          Outback Goon
          • Sep 2018
          • Australia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post
          Honestly, does anyone think we can win it all this year? Do you really think we can win the championship? I don't think so, with the flaws and weaknesses displayed this year by the team. If they were a legit contender I would consider the resting players. As some have said, the offense and defense needs to get on track. I still don't like the run defense, it's still bad. The offense is bad in the third quarter and sometimes the first quarter.

Playing an AFC South team is winnable and would be a confidence builder, than playing a tougher opponent so soon who is an AFC North opponent.
          I have witnessed the team hold it together thru one of the worst injury storms in the 28 years i have followed NFL. I said the fire was lit a few weeks ago and the team is getting hotter each week. Defense played an almost perfect game vs IND and Offense has not peaked yet. I truly believe if the team follows the trend of the last 4 weeks then they could very well win it all. Offense peak in wildcard game and Defense refined and rested makes a good playoff recipe.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Kellyb72601 View Post

You definitely got me there
            And you’re not the only one. It’s been tough but things are looking up now. But you’re still stuck in the mindset of the old Chargers expecting the worst to happen. It’s the dawning of a new era

Comment

• dmac_bolt
              Day Tripper
              • May 2019
              • North of the Lagoon
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I agree with this. Limit the snaps of key players. If you play Daniels in the 4th quarter with Clapp at Center - thats fine. And its not rest - just limiting the chance for injury

Chargers can also get to 10 wins with a win against hte Rams - that would be a big deal to me. Being 10-7 or 11-6 is a solid season altogether

I say keep playing but be smart with who you play and how many snaps you play them
              I like 10, i like 11 more. But in reality 10 or 11 vs 9 on paper means nothing unless it affects seeding. history won’t give a shit. If we have the same seeding, and then don’t win the SB, it possibly benefits the team to have 9 when April comes around.

I’m agreeing now to just limit snaps of key players, not pull starters completely. Y’all talked me into it. Seems like a balanced compromise to reduce but not eliminate risk while letting team continue to improve.
              “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                Day Tripper
                • May 2019
                • North of the Lagoon
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

Oh yeah I guess we did. Still hate em and want to beat them.
                Who wants to lose to a shitty team who fired their head coach and has one of the worst quarterbacks going right now?, Not I.

But I'm competitive. If I was the coach. Id want to win every game.

That's what people look at when they look at your career. There's no asterisk by it saying you rested players and you lost to crappy teams because you're already in the playoffs.

I'd rest a few that are a little dinged like maybe Pip. Not sure how his knee feels. Ekeler I'd rest some and let Spiller play more.
                You need to be smart, not emotional and macho. This is literally the opposite of what our coaches should be considering in their calculations of how to play the game, who to play and for how long, etc.
                “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

• Boltjolt
                  Dont let the PBs fool ya
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Henderson, NV
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by dmac_bolt View Post

You need to be smart, not emotional and macho. This is literally the opposite of what our coaches should be considering in their calculations of how to play the game, who to play and for how long, etc.
                  Well they still got something to play for. 5th seed is different than the sixth seed and maybe getting a fifth seed, Depending on how things play out we can have a home game in the playoffs. Perhaps the AFCCC.

But sure rest of handful of guys that need it.

Comment

• Iowachargers1970
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2022
                    • Send PM

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

Comment

• ThatSinkingFeeling
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2022
                      • Send PM

Rest the players needing a rest but try to win out. Playing JAX seems a much better option that, say, the Chifs or Bills

Comment

• SK21209
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • May 2020
                        • San Diego
                        • Send PM

I'd opt for targeted rest, and probably only next week, rather than sitting all or most of the starters. Maybe give Mack a break in week 18, he's carried a huge load all season and I'd like to see one game with him and Bosa. I'd rest Keenan too, the hamstring is still bothering him. Linsley too.

Comment

• Maniaque 6
                          French Speaking Charger Fan
                          • Jan 2019
                          • Québec city
                          • Send PM

Who you got at center ?

Comment

Working...
                          X