Chargers @ Broncos Pregame Discussion Thread (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Boltdiehard
    The Precious
    • May 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
    All other fans of AFC playoff teams are worried about playing us.
    They should be and although we are playing much better lookout if we hit a stride with all three phases clicking at the same time.

Broncos first. :deadhorse:

Comment

• Fouts2herbert
      Charger Fan since 1978
      • Sep 2021
      • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post

Wow, they didn’t come back until wednesday and they just had a walkthrough on wednesday…now again no practice means they’ve not practiced since last friday:shock:
      "The author assumes no responsibility or liability for any errors or omissions in the content of this post. The information contained in this post is provided on an "as is" basis with no guarantees of completeness, accuracy, usefulness or timeliness..."​​

Comment

• gzubeck
        Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
        • Jan 2019
        • Tucson, AZ
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Wow, they didn’t come back until wednesday and they just had a walkthrough on wednesday…now again no practice means they’ve not practiced since last friday:shock:
        If they don't know the playbook by heart we're screwed anyways! :wtf:
        Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Ghost of Quacksaw
          Beef Before Gazelles
          • May 2021
          • Send PM

Originally posted by charger1_sj View Post

I get that the Bills, Chiefs, and Bengals are considered the better teams. But games are decided by matchups.
          We match up better against KC because we know them. Jacksonville spanked us so not sure that's a great matchup for us.
          But it's not like we have a choice.
          Granted, in order for the Chargers to beat the Jags, it will require the most recent rendition of their run defense, not the one that was in place Week 3. I'm optimistic that this is an objective within reason.

Likewise, during the Chargers' current winning skein, they've shown some coverage flexibility that makes it plausible that they can defend Trevor Lawrence better than they did in September.

The Bolts lost Joey Bosa in that game back in Week 3. Now, they have him back, paired with Mack and assisted by Morgan Fox and Kyle Van Noy. Did I mention that Derwin is out of concussion protocol, and available to play?

No doubt in my mind that the Jags will be playing a substantially different Chargers team than they did in Week 3, when Justin Herbert was 7 days removed from having rib cartilage torn.

Highly unlikely, IMO, that the Jags dominate again, even though they'll be at home. Just my two cents.

Comment

• gzubeck
            Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
            • Jan 2019
            • Tucson, AZ
            • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Granted, in order for the Chargers to beat the Jags, it will require the most recent rendition of their run defense, not the one that was in place Week 3. I'm optimistic that this is an objective within reason.

Likewise, during the Chargers' current winning skein, they've shown some coverage flexibility that makes it plausible that they can defend Trevor Lawrence better than they did in September.

The Bolts lost Joey Bosa in that game back in Week 3. Now, they have him back, paired with Mack and assisted by Morgan Fox and Kyle Van Noy. Did I mention that Derwin is out of concussion protocol, and available to play?

No doubt in my mind that the Jags will be playing a substantially different Chargers team than they did in Week 3, when Justin Herbert was 7 days removed from having rib cartilage torn.

Highly unlikely, IMO, that the Jags dominate again, even though they'll be at home. Just my two cents.
            We are not playing like in week 3. Defense is much much better. I have no fear of any team.
            Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Trumpet Man
              Dea Spanos my HERO
              • Dec 2022
              • Send PM

This is worth the watch. Trust a Bolt brother.

Fehoko mic'd up (10 minutes)

LA Chargers defensive tackle Breiden Fehoko was mic'd up for Sunday’s game against the Los Angeles Rams. Looking for a win to make their way to the 5th seed,...

Comment

• Riverwalk
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Nov 2021
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Ghost of Quacksaw View Post

Several good points you made. Most importantly, that was Herbert’s first game after the severe rib injury and his play was noticeably restricted. IIRC Allen got injured the week before JAX game as well.

Secondly, you mentioned Morgan Fox and Kyle Van Noy. I think they were just learning the defense in the JAX game and weren’t playing anywhere near as well as they are now.

Bosa tore his groin in the first half of the JAX game, so Rumph, Fox, and Van Noy had very little game experience of compensating for Bosa’s absence. Now they have a lot of experience and have improved weekly.

I think JAX knows we are far better than the handicapped team they defeated in week 3 and now are more scared of playing the Chargers then we are playing them.

Comment

• SK21209
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • May 2020
                  • San Diego
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

Several good points you made. Most importantly, that was Herbert’s first game after the severe rib injury and his play was noticeably restricted. IIRC Allen got injured the week before JAX game as well.

Secondly, you mentioned Morgan Fox and Kyle Van Noy. I think they were just learning the defense in the JAX game and weren’t playing anywhere near as well as they are now.

Bosa tore his groin in the first half of the JAX game, so Rumph, Fox, and Van Noy had very little game experience of compensating for Bosa’s absence. Now they have a lot of experience and have improved weekly.
                  It was just one of those games where everything went wrong. Last year the Rams were blown out at home by the Cardinals and embarrassed at SF, they went on to win the Superbowl. Two years ago the Buccs lost to the Saints 38-3 in Tampa and then beat them in the playoffs before winning the Superbowl. I don't take a whole lot from that Jags game, our QB had busted ribs, both of our All-Pro linemen were out and everything went wrong. It happens.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Dec 2019
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Fouts2herbert View Post

Almost like Staley is treating this week as a mini-bye. Maybe I am wrong

I truly wonder how much Bronco game planning is going on and how much "self scouting" is going on.

Comment

• Riverwalk
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Nov 2021
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

Almost like Staley is treating this week as a mini-bye. Maybe I am wrong

I truly wonder how much Bronco game planning is going on and how much "self scouting" is going on.
                      From earlier reports they wanted to practice but the field was not in good enough condition because of the heavy rain.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Jul 2017
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

I'm growing more and more fearful that this team is taking Jax too lightly.
                        ya lots of things went wrong week 3, but they're a much better team today as well.
                        Pederson and Lawrence playing/coaching loose.
                        Maybe we're better off elsewhere.
                        Charger fans might, players and team - no!

Tampa got worked by New Orleans in 2020 and came back to dominate them in the playoffs.
                        A game like that which happened in September gives the Chargers a huge advantage:

Jacksonville hasn't really seen the Chargers this year.

Comment

• powderblueboy
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Jul 2017
                          • Send PM

Denver fans are totally oblivious to the notion that the Broncos play the Chargers this Sunday.
                          No donkey forum mentions the upcoming game.

Threads like "Is Russ a fraud?" - yes: just no Charger vs Broncos thread.

They just played KC, and frankly KC is their biggest rivalry (both are mid west teams).
                          Its like the Raiders vs Chargers to them.

I'm expecting zero energy from the donkey fans this Sunday.
                          If its close late in the 4rth, they might get interested.
                          Last edited by powderblueboy; 01-05-2023, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X