Chargers @ Broncos Pregame Discussion Thread (Wk 18)

Collapse
X
Collapse
First Prev Next Last

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cmplxgal
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • New Jersey
    • Send PM

Comment

• sonorajim
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jan 2019
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
      Mack and SJD along with JCJ weren't discarded gems TT unearthed lol.
      We traded for Mack. The others were released, not given a new contract by previous teams
      so allowed to leave as opposed to thrown in the trash. Although many call FAs "dumpster diving" when it suits their opinion.

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Interesting idea, there Gold...Adams IS a California native, played in Palo Alto and Fresno State...so he MIGHT very well like the idea of returning closer to home...
        I think from a cap perspective - -the Raiders really cannot trade Adams - the dead cap hit would be huge. Now I will never say never but I find that one hard to believe

Adams is so smooth out there though,. He caught one pass today against the Chiefs - put his hands uip at hte last possible moment so the DB couldn't react to make a play. REally good player

Also I don't think the Chargers with their cap - again, never say never, I am not sure they will have the funds. This offseason is going to be pretty tight to the cap. As of today, if you count the need to sign 12 players to get to 53 and another $5m for the year - they are close to $20m over the cap. If not more as the rookie class will be more expensive than just minimum level players.

Comment

• LarryAW
          Chargers fan since 1970
          • Sep 2018
          • Chula Vista, CA
          • retired paralegal/court reporter
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Topcat View Post

Did Bobby happen to mention who was most to blame for the Ryan Leaf fiasco? Inquiring minds want to know...
          The Colts, who had the 1st pick.

Comment

• Bolt-O
            Administrator
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by cmplxgal View Post
            The CBS TV maps for Sunday have finally been posted at 506 Sports

NFL TV Schedule and Maps: Week 18, 2022

January 8, 2023

CBS LATE

Anchorage
            Fairbanks
            Honolulu

NY Giants @ Philadelphia
            Ian Eagle, Charles Davis

LA Chargers @ Denver
            Andrew Catalon, James Lofton

Comment

• blueman
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Why show the game in southern Oregon, but not Portland? Don’t they know practically everyone who graduates from Oregon moves to Portland?? I mean they’re not moving to Medford.

Comment

• Floyal Rush
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jan 2022
                • Send PM

And all those people frequent Voodoo doughnuts.

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by blueman View Post
                  Why show the game in southern Oregon, but not Portland? Don’t they know practically everyone who graduates from Oregon moves to Portland?? I mean they’re not moving to Medford.
                  Eugene and the surrounding area gets the game because of Herbert's connection/ties there as a Duck in college. Portland goes with the game that's bigger. Some of the other states have a Broncos following, and the Raiders and Chiefs places have interest because of being in the AFC West division.

Comment

• blueman
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by ChargersPowderBlue View Post

Eugene and the surrounding area gets the game because of Herbert's connection/ties there as a Duck in college. Portland goes with the game that's bigger. Some of the other states have a Broncos following, and the Raiders and Chiefs places have interest because of being in the AFC West division.
                    Practically every team has a bar in Portland that features their games or has a bunch of displaced fans who’ve migrated here that crowd whatever venue (Al’s on Glisan has a huge Steelers following). Herbie is fucking home grown, show his games (buncha Boltheads here too, so why not?).

Comment

• Stinky Wizzleteats+
                      Grammar Police
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Stoked they will play the game here in MO! I might get to watch 5 more Charger games between now and mid February!
                      Go Rivers!

Comment

• Topcat
                        AKA "Pollcat"
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

I think from a cap perspective - -the Raiders really cannot trade Adams - the dead cap hit would be huge. Now I will never say never but I find that one hard to believe

Adams is so smooth out there though,. He caught one pass today against the Chiefs - put his hands uip at hte last possible moment so the DB couldn't react to make a play. REally good player

Also I don't think the Chargers with their cap - again, never say never, I am not sure they will have the funds. This offseason is going to be pretty tight to the cap. As of today, if you count the need to sign 12 players to get to 53 and another $5m for the year - they are close to $20m over the cap. If not more as the rookie class will be more expensive than just minimum level players.
                        It will be less expensive drafting #32 overall...

Comment

• dmac_bolt
                          Day Tripper
                          • May 2019
                          • North of the Lagoon
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

He did that against the Chargers too. Next level football smarts there (and skill to be able to wait to the last second).
                          “Less is more? NO NO NO - MORE is MORE!”

Comment

Working...
                          X