• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MakoShark
    Disgruntled
    • Jun 2013
    • North Alabama
    • Send PM

The minute the clock tics down to 0:00 on Sunday I will log onto DirecTV and cancel my Sunday Ticket. My Sundays will be spent on the golf course (ever been to Bama Den?), with family or driving the hotrod to local cruise ins.

I will not support or follow an LA team.
    sigpic

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

I love football too much not to watch it and still have an emotion attachment to players like Rivers, Gates, etc. so I will still watch them when they are on. But I won't attend any games or buy any more merchandise for an LA team.

Comment

• Den60
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by KNSD View Post
        Will go to 1-2 Aztec games. Undecided on the killing den part only because I'd have to go buy a gun. ��
        Glocks are cheap. Taurus even cheaper.

Comment

• Den60
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
          never post here again which might put you right into diabetic shock without having somone to kick around.
          I believe you have a rather idealistic view of our relationship.

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Originally posted by TTK View Post
            I'm excited for the possibility of an MLS team and I would check out some games but I'm done buying season tickets for any sports franchise.
            I meant to mention the UT article of John Moore's interest in buying a MSL franchise. Personally, I really don't trust Moores much but he has been good to SDSU.

Comment

• Den60
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by MakoShark View Post
              The minute the clock tics down to 0:00 on Sunday I will log onto DirecTV and cancel my Sunday Ticket. My Sundays will be spent on the golf course (ever been to Bama Den?), with family or driving the hotrod to local cruise ins.

I will not support or follow an LA team.
              Bama? When I was four. My grandad was from Heflin. All I remember of that summer trip is that it rained every day, the mud was red and we used fireflies as nightlights. My grandad took me to a river, cut me a rod and tied me a line to fish with. I'd golf there, no question. Wouldn't mind golfing a course that actually can afford to water the grass.

Comment

• Den60
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Jun 2013
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Engine Engine Number 420 View Post
                Well, I've already given up on the Spanoses sticking around.

I've noticed I've ended up at more parties/barbecues/get-togethers on Sundays. I see more "other games" in the background, but I don't really pay attention to any of them. I've kind of been rooting for the Bidwells because it would be cool to go to a Super Bowl party here. But, here's how I root for them. What's the score? Oh, the Bidwells are winning by 30? Cool. High five. Hey, is that Larry Fitzgerald? Oh, it's not? Oh well. No, I don't want to talk about the fucking Spanoses. Why'd you tell me the score? Fuck you. I need a beer.

Some people have been trying to get me into the Suns and Coyotes (that's the hockey team). I can't pay attention to either of those sports more than a couple seconds. I sometimes get free tickets through work to see those teams, but I've never gone.

I've noticed that I do other stuff on Sundays and through the week - mostly hiking, reading, and sometimes movies. Having games on that I don't pay attention to don't then suck all the energy out of me. But I do always end up checking my phone for social media updates, including The Powder Blues. This site is addicting; I can't quit it.
                About the only team I could root for would be Green Bay but my interest in the NFL as a whole has waned these past years.

Comment

• Faded blues
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                  Glocks are cheap. Taurus even cheaper.
                  If one is considering a handgun, I suggest a desert eagle.

if one is worried about home defense, i suggest a sawed-off remmington shotgun using bird shot. Reason that the incident will most likely occur at close range and you want to make sure you hit your target. spray and pray.

Comment

• Faded blues
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Aug 2013
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Den60 View Post
                    I believe you have a rather idealistic view of our relationship.
                    nope.

Realistic.

You get your rocks off belittling me.

i suspect you possess an inferiority complex deeply rooted in a childhood incident that severely scarred you.

Comment

fender57
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Faded blues View Post
                      nope.

Realistic.

You get your rocks off belittling me.

i suspect you possess an inferiority complex deeply rooted in a childhood incident that severely scarred you.
                      Well, he has been a Charger fan since he was a baby, from what I've read. That's enough to cause anyone major trauma. I've only been one since 1970 and I'm in dire need of a shrink.

Comment

• bonehead
                        Undrafted
                        • Jul 2013
                        • TBD
                        • Retired
                        • Send PM

I already spend plenty of time with family and golf once a week. I will continue to watch NFL football, I love it and have enjoyed it since I was a kid.

If the Bolts move I won't have any a favorite team anymore, I will actively root against them

I will still attend NFL games from time to time, my son is in Dallas, G-son in AZ, bro in ATL and Father in law in Nashville.

I dropped my season tix 3-4 years ago, loved it lots of good times but never again....I prefer watching the games on the big screen with surround, with 4 fantasy teams and the iPad on my lap....this set up is better for my wife as she has a few battles with her eyes/sight, the stadium experience wasn't working for her
                        Forget it Donny you're out of your element

Shut the fuck up Donny

Comment

• Mister Hoarse
                          No Sir, I Dont Like It
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Section 457
                          • Migrant Film Worker
                          • Send PM

Watching football will be stress free.
                          Just like 99% of the NFL playoff games I have seen over my lifetime.
                          Dean Spanos Should Get Ass Cancer Of The Ass!
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X