• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jaguarmanftype
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2020
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Harbaugh committed to Michigan for next year. He won't be in the NFL.
    I just saw that. I edited my post with that addendum, but it doesn't show. It's all moot now regardless. We're likely staying with Staley.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Feb 2022
      • Send PM

Found it interesting that he was on Colin Cowherd to talk about the Chargers for a little while.

From about 5:00 to 9:00.

He also said he's meeting with the Broncos, Panthers, and Texans this week.During the last 10 minutes he talked about his job interviews.

For those of you who want Payton as the Chargers' head coach, it doesn't look good. In addition to Staley staying, it looks like Payton very well could be coaching somewhere else for the next handful of years.

Last edited by DerwinBosa; 01-16-2023, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• 21&500
        Bolt Spit-Baller
        • Sep 2018
        • A Whale's Vajayjay
        • CMB refugee
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

What quality coordinators would come here for a lame duck coach? Unless they thought they could be the next in line to be head coach?
        Any quality coordinator should want to come work with Herbert regardless of Staley's status because it still looks good on their resume.
        and as you suggest, it can even be a positive if they have HC aspirations.
        Coordinators are judged on the success of their side of the ball, not on whether or not it's the HCs last year imho.
        I would say this is especially true working for a defensive minded HC who calls the defense; the offense is all up to said candidate.
        P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
        P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
        P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
        P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2022
          • White Rock, BC Canada
          • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post

Any quality coordinator should want to come work with Herbert regardless of Staley's status because it still looks good on their resume.
          and as you suggest, it can even be a positive if they have HC aspirations.
          Coordinators are judged on the success of their side of the ball, not on whether or not it's the HCs last year imho.
          I would say this is especially true working for a defensive minded HC who calls the defense; the offense is all up to said candidate.
          How about we hire an OC with some pedigree, not a guy who failed in Detroit and was fired half way through his second season?

Comment

• 21&500
            Bolt Spit-Baller
            • Sep 2018
            • A Whale's Vajayjay
            • CMB refugee
            • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post

How about we hire an OC with some pedigree, not a guy who failed in Detroit and was fired half way through his second season?
            I've been wanting to upgrade at OC since early this season.
            I gave Lombo an honest and objective evaluation despite all the criticisms since his hiring.
            the important thing for me is that the OC fully understands how best to utilize JH and have a plan in place for JH to become his own system ala Manning which is what Staley has repeatedly stated the goal was.
            I was a Daboll guy that offseason and think of someone with that kind of pedigree for JH.
            P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
            P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
            P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
            P4. Obnoxious Communication - Henley

Comment

• BlazingBolt
              SLAM DUNK!
              • Jun 2013
              • East County San Diego
              • Bolt fanatic
              • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post

What quality coordinators would come here for a lame duck coach? Unless they thought they could be the next in line to be head coach?
              exactly. Forcing Staley to make staff changes would be complete buffoonery. He brings nothing. Culture and interviewing skills mean nothing. We need football results period. If you’re going to force him to make changes then he definitely should be fired. Make him hire coordinators that aren’t his first choice? Let him be coach or fire his ass and it clearly should be fire his ass at this point.
              migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Boltgang74
                We Are The Storm!
                • Aug 2018
                • Send PM

Staley stays we are not going to any Superbowls ANY time soon.We all know it deep down.If a gun was to your head you believe cheap fuck loser SpAnus ' discount coach gonna Finally get our trophyless team a SB win?He is not HC material and has proved this fact to all of us fans.The ugly truth is shitbird spanos won't cough up what it costs to win.Puke.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltgang74 View Post
                  Staley stays we are not going to any Superbowls ANY time soon.We all know it deep down.If a gun was to your head you believe cheap fuck loser SpAnus ' discount coach gonna Finally get our trophyless team a SB win?He is not HC material and has proved this fact to all of us fans.The ugly truth is shitbird spanos won't cough up what it costs to win.Puke.
                  Maybe we need to change our perspective.

Set different goals. Some sports franchises aren't meant to win championships. Maybe we should set a goal of a division championship in the next 10 years, maybe 2 in the next 15. An exciting playoff win or two. That might be our ceiling.
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• richpjr
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Nashville
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by BlazingBolt View Post

exactly. Forcing Staley to make staff changes would be complete buffoonery. He brings nothing. Culture and interviewing skills mean nothing. We need football results period. If you’re going to force him to make changes then he definitely should be fired. Make him hire coordinators that aren’t his first choice? Let him be coach or fire his ass and it clearly should be fire his ass at this point.
                    How does anyone know he’ll be forced to do anything? His ST sucked last year and he made a change. Do you think he doesn’t see the struggles on O?

Comment

• BlazingBolt
                      SLAM DUNK!
                      • Jun 2013
                      • East County San Diego
                      • Bolt fanatic
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post

How does anyone know he’ll be forced to do anything? His ST sucked last year and he made a change. Do you think he doesn’t see the struggles on O?
                      So we just going to let this guy change coordinators every year instead of holding him accountable? Was that change forced upon him? I think most of us agree he was told to reign in his 4th down gambling.

if I’m Spanos I seen telesco hire his third coach with diminishing returns I’m not letting Staley play musical coordinators to shift the blame.

I was reading a story about how Andy Reid wanted the chargers job it was thought after Marty and Norv retreads we wanted someone one young and new. Well it hasn’t worked 3 tries now so try the retread again because they were more successful.

plus you had Herbert already Staley had an important job when he got hired not to fuck up the offense. Lombardi wasn’t his first choice. We going to let him reach further in to his address book to try and mess up the offense more when you have elite coaching that has led historical passing offenses in this league coveting the job.
                      migrated from chargerfans.net then the thenflforum.com then here

Comment

• Boltgang74
                        We Are The Storm!
                        • Aug 2018
                        • Send PM

Man if they shine Payton and keep Staley cuz their cheap (truth!) then the Spanos have shown they will Never do what it takes to win a Superbowl.Ever.Staley stays I'm takin next season off.Dude is a joke and so are these greedy owners.So damn disgusted with the blatant,obvious fact Spanos ONLY care about their precious money,not winning and certainly not any of us fans.Please Spanos clan prove me wrong!Do what it takes to bring an actual legitimate coach in for Herbert and for us.

Comment

• Florida fan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
                          Found it interesting that he was on Colin Cowherd to talk about the Chargers for a little while.

From about 5:00 to 9:00.

He also said he's meeting with the Broncos, Panthers, and Texans this week.During the last 10 minutes he talked about his job interviews.

For those of you who want Payton as the Chargers' head coach, it doesn't look good. In addition to Staley staying, it looks like Payton very well could be coaching somewhere else for the next handful of years.
                          Listening to him talk Football is the Best. No was Stanley understands football like Payton. I love him saying you have to have tough conversations with owner so you don’t have them once you have the job.

ownership is more important than QB to him. He is definitely not interested in Chargers

Comment

Working...
                          X