• Show
Clear All
  • CanadianBoltFan
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2022
    • White Rock, BC Canada
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post
    Hyatt (former teammate of J. Palmer) or Zay Flowers from BC. Both 4.3 speed, both are projected to go between 20-30. One or both should be there when the Chargers pick at 22. It's really important to get that speed for Herbert. If Guyton returns from injury, either of these guys would give Herbert a good WR corps.
    The need for speed on offence is GLARING. Not a small reason why the offence bogs down at times and is easy to defend, even with Herbert at QB

You watch Staley will stay in place and they will draft another bloody CB

Comment

• ghost
      The Rise of Kellen Moore
      • Jun 2013
      • Send PM

Hey, Gene Klein dealt a 3rd round pick to the St. Louis Cardinals owner Bill Bidwell for Don Coryell.

Was it worth it?

Comment

• SK21209
        Registered Charger Fan
        • May 2020
        • San Diego
        • Send PM

So right around the time we hear that Dean and Telesco are meeting with Staley this afternoon, Payton goes on Cowherd's show saying that the price to trade for him will be a "mid-to-late first round pick". That...is not how you see NFL draft picks usually discussed, it sounds more like the NBA where pick protections and where exactly a pick falls in the first round is way more important. It sounds like something you want a team with a mid-to-late draft position to hear to know that they won't have to give up substantially more draft compensation to get him. Something you want a team that just lost in the WC round to hear.

This dude very clearly wants to coach here. I've pretty much accepted that it won't happen and that we'll hear today or tomorrow that Staley is coming back but there will be a new OC, but man it will be such a mistake IMO. Payton is one of the best coaches of the last 15 years. Those Saints teams won at least 12 games every year from 2017 through 2020 with a noodle-arm Brees and were well on their way to double-digit wins with Jameis Winston in 2021 before he got injured.

Comment

• ghost
          The Rise of Kellen Moore
          • Jun 2013
          • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post
          So right around the time we hear that Dean and Telesco are meeting with Staley this afternoon, Payton goes on Cowherd's show saying that the price to trade for him will be a "mid-to-late first round pick". That...is not how you see NFL draft picks usually discussed, it sounds more like the NBA where pick protections and where exactly a pick falls in the first round is way more important. It sounds like something you want a team with a mid-to-late draft position to hear to know that they won't have to give up substantially more draft compensation to get him. Something you want a team that just lost in the WC round to hear.

This dude very clearly wants to coach here. I've pretty much accepted that it won't happen and that we'll hear today or tomorrow that Staley is coming back but there will be a new OC, but man it will be such a mistake IMO. Payton is one of the best coaches of the last 15 years. Those Saints teams won at least 12 games every year from 2017 through 2020 with a noodle-arm Brees and were well on their way to double-digit wins with Jameis Winston in 2021 before he got injured.

We want a decision on Telesco and a decision on Staley. And it better be good, Dean.

Comment

• SDBORN
            Registered Charger Fan
            • May 2017
            • Send PM

It would be a huge missed opportunity for sure, but like you said, it's most likely the scenario - Stayley stays and gets a new OC to pair up with.

I find it funny that Payton also left open the possibility of coming back to coach after next season if he didn't find the right fit this offseason.

Comment

• jamrock
              lawyers, guns and money
              • Sep 2017
              • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

We want a decision on Telesco and a decision on Staley. And it better be good, Dean.
              3 men walk into the room. 1 man walks out

Comment

• SK21209
                Registered Charger Fan
                • May 2020
                • San Diego
                • Send PM

Originally posted by SDBORN View Post

It would be a huge missed opportunity for sure, but like you said, it's most likely the scenario - Stayley stays and gets a new OC to pair up with.

I find it funny that Payton also left open the possibility of coming back to coach after next season if he didn't find the right fit this offseason.
                If we keep Staley and the Cowboys keep McCarthy, I actually do think the most likely scenario is Payton sits out another year in hopes that one of those two jobs becomes open. Here and Dallas are the two places he wants to be. All of the jobs currently available are shitty, the Cardinals might have been intriguing if Kyler hadn't torn up his knee and wasn't going to miss a decent chunk of next season.

Comment

• Boltx
                  Dominate the day
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

I think it's more than likely that all 3 walk out and we "run it back in 2023."
                  ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Formula 21
                    The Future is Now
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Republic of San Diego
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I want to move on from Staley, but I don't want to give up a 1st round pick. That pick is needed for a speed WR for Justin Herbert.
                    Did the Pats regret trading a first for Belicheat?

Great coaches win you more games than late first round draft picks. Who turn out to be "just guys" in all too many cases.
                    Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                    The Wasted Decade is done.
                    Build Back Better.

Comment

• ghost
                      The Rise of Kellen Moore
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

OMG, Dean and Brandon had John whacked?

Comment

• Boltx
                        Dominate the day
                        • Jun 2013
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Formula 21 View Post

Did the Pats regret trading a first for Belicheat?

Great coaches win you more games than late first round draft picks. Who turn out to be "just guys" in all too many cases.
                        Especially if TT is picking them!
                        ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• Formula 21
                          The Future is Now
                          • Jun 2013
                          • Republic of San Diego
                          • Send PM

If we keep Staley and the Cowboys keep McCarthy, I actually do think the most likely scenario is Payton sits out another year in hopes that one of those two jobs becomes open. Here and Dallas are the two places he wants to be. All of the jobs currently available are shitty, the Cardinals might have been intriguing if Kyler hadn't torn up his knee and wasn't going to miss a decent chunk of next season.
                          Kyler doesn't have the work ethic to be a winner.
                          Now, if you excuse me, I have some Charger memories to suppress.
                          The Wasted Decade is done.
                          Build Back Better.

Comment

Working...
                          X