• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bolt4Knob
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Dec 2019
    • Send PM

Originally posted by Riverwalk View Post

$10 or $20 million…..it’s peanuts in terms of the return on investment. It immediately gets more season ticket buyers and Charger gear sales.

Getting a SB for the franchise makes it worth a billion more.

Going cheap on a coach that can make a difference is actually financially the wrong thing to do.
    The Chiefs paid for Andy Reid - pretty good investment

If the Chargers pay for Payton - I think its a good investment. Even if t costs you a FRP. The Chargers should be focused on maximizing the career of Justin Herbert
    Payton would do that

Houston - no QB, so Young or Stroud
    Denver - they got the money, but Wilson is 34 soon and locked in for two years

Arizona - terrible owners, QB that is hurt for part of the year - would they pay enough

Carolina - rich owner, no QB yet

Chargers - we know about the owner but the team has the QB

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jul 2022
      • White Rock, BC Canada
      • Send PM

Not that it will happen in LA, but the Saints have stated the compensation they want for Sean Payton. It is not multiple, it is a mid to late first round pick

While I loathe giving up draft capital, one first round pick could be worth a coach that changes your organization for the next decade. It would be worth a Jerry Tillery thats for sure

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Dec 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by CanadianBoltFan View Post
        Not that it will happen in LA, but the Saints have stated the compensation they want for Sean Payton. It is not multiple, it is a mid to late first round pick

While I loathe giving up draft capital, one first round pick could be worth a coach that changes your organization for the next decade. It would be worth a Jerry Tillery thats for sure
        Chargers give up a 1st for Payton and maybe a future 4th or something

Chargers might be able to get some picks back by trading a couple players using a lot of cap space

Comment

• Velo
          Ride!
          • Aug 2019
          • Everywhere
          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
          • Send PM

I want to move on from Staley, but I don't want to give up a 1st round pick. That pick is needed for a speed WR for Justin Herbert.

Comment

• northerner
            Charger fan since '79
            • Mar 2019
            • Send PM

I would figure that the saints are really hoping for a bidding war, but who knows if the chargers are even in play.

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

This week Payton visits Houston, Denver & Carolina. So far....

Comment

• Bolt4Knob
                Registered Charger Fan
                • Dec 2019
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Velo View Post

I want to move on from Staley, but I don't want to give up a 1st round pick. That pick is needed for a speed WR for Justin Herbert.
                The reason I am okay with giving up the FRP - if you can take Herberts level up a notch, the offense up a notch, improve the defense with just better coaching -- look at the Jags - its worth it

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Jul 2022
                  • White Rock, BC Canada
                  • Send PM

I hear you. That is what I want, like Hyatt from Tennessee could be there...but just saying the price isnt crazy, it is only one pick mid to late. Back in the day Gruden cost 2 firsts and 2 seconds

Comment

• Riverwalk
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2021
                    • Send PM

Maybe they would take Joey Bosa off our hands. I would do that in a heartbeat.

Comment

• CanadianBoltFan
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jul 2022
                      • White Rock, BC Canada
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Bolt4Knob View Post

The reason I am okay with giving up the FRP - if you can take Herberts level up a notch, the offense up a notch, improve the defense with just better coaching -- look at the Jags - its worth it
                      Yes we hate to miss the pick this draft for sure...but looking at it another way...the right coach that takes Herbert and the team to new levels could pay off for years

Comment

• Midwestbolt
                        • Feb 2019
                        • Midwest
                        • Local 150 operating engineer.
                        • Send PM

At this point Id support sending the saints J Bosa and a late rd pick.

Comment

• Velo
                          Ride!
                          • Aug 2019
                          • Everywhere
                          • Leave the gun, take the cannolis
                          • Send PM

I hear you. That is what I want, like Hyatt from Tennessee could be there...
                          Hyatt (former teammate of J. Palmer) or Zay Flowers from BC. Both 4.3 speed, both are projected to go between 20-30. One or both should be there when the Chargers pick at 22. It's really important to get that speed for Herbert. If Guyton returns from injury, either of these guys would give Herbert a good WR corps.

Comment

Working...
                          X