• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • powderblueboy
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Jul 2017
    • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

I really think Payton is going to stay at Fox another year. He wants us or Dallas and isn't going to settle for Denver this cycle IMO.
    He stays and Staley gets fired next year: why would Payton think the Spanos would give him a call, knowing how they operate?

Comment

• SK21209
      Registered Charger Fan
      • May 2020
      • San Diego
      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

He stays and Staley gets fired next year: why would Payton think the Spanos would give him a call, knowing how they operate?
      Because we'll only get more desperate if the team flames out next year too? If Payton really won't settle for less than a $20 million dollar contract, though, I don't think we give it to him next season either even if we go 0-17. That definitely is just too much for Spanos. I could see Dallas doing it though if they don't win it all this year and disappoint next year. Basically, by waiting a year there's another chance (albeit a small one) at coaching the Chargers or the Cowboys, and worst case scenario there will probably be another vacancy as good as the Broncos (which I consider the best job available this cycle).

Comment

• DerwinBosa
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Feb 2022
        • Send PM

I think Denver's owners are going to offer Payton everything he wants, after the Hackett experience. Whether or not Payton accepts is another story.

Comment

• gzubeck
          Ines Sainz = Jet Bait!
          • Jan 2019
          • Tucson, AZ
          • Send PM

Originally posted by DerwinBosa View Post
          I think Denver's owners are going to offer Payton everything he wants, after the Hackett experience. Whether or not Payton accepts is another story.
          What first round picks do they have? Denver will be in even worse shape after giving up more picks. Denver in the cellar for another half decade with a deal like this...

:wtf:
          Chiefs won the Superbowl with 10 Rookies....

"Locked, Cocked, and ready to Rock!" Jim Harbaugh

Comment

• Boltjolt
            Dont let the PBs fool ya
            • Jun 2013
            • Henderson, NV
            • Send PM

Originally posted by SK21209 View Post

I really think Payton is going to stay at Fox another year. He wants us or Dallas and isn't going to settle for Denver this cycle IMO.
            If he is waiting for Dean to pony up money for him, he will be waiting a long time.

Comment

• DerwinBosa
              Registered Charger Fan
              • Feb 2022
              • Send PM

Originally posted by gzubeck View Post

What first round picks do they have? Denver will be in even worse shape after giving up more picks. Denver in the cellar for another half decade with a deal like this...

:wtf:
              On Colin Cowherd the other day Payton said New Orleans will take a mid-to-late first round pick in exchange for him. The Broncos have a late first-round pick after trading Bradley Chubb to Miami. The pick was originally San Francisco's; the 49ers gave it to the Dolphins to draft Trey Lance. The pick is currently #29. The Broncos could easily give up that pick, and if that's not enough they can add a mid-rounder. A first-round pick in the 25-32 range is nothing for the coach you want. You're more likely to get someone like Jerry Tillery in the late first round

While the Texans have more to offer in the draft, I find it hard to believe Payton would want to join that mess. Maybe he would like to fix Kyler Murray in Arizona, in a similar way he did with Drew Brees, but I imagine Murray's attitude is a major turnoff. The Panthers have the #9 pick in the first round and Sam Darnold as the starter.

Denver has the best reputation among the NFL franchises with an available opening. The Broncos also have an outstanding defense. Payton may think Russell Wilson has more in the tank than people believe. Payton did get homefield advantage in the playoffs with the Saints during Brees's last season, when Brees was totally in decline.

I could be wrong, but I think it's Denver or another year at FOX for Payton.

Comment

• 21&500
                Bolt Spit-Baller
                • Sep 2018
                • A Whale's Vajayjay
                • CMB refugee
                • Send PM

When Russell Wilson voluntarily agreed to be traded to Denver, I gave him credit as a competitor, for the mere fact that he was willing to compete in-division with Mahomes in KC and Herbert here.
                I was wrong, he was just a money-grubbing idiot who thought he would show up and win.
                Payton is paid to not be an idiot, so...
                1. I don't see him going to Denver and competing with us and KC with a Russell Wilson and/or rookie QB. (I dont think they can fit a Tom Brady under their cap)
                2. if he DOES join the broncos, I have to think it's more about money (20-25/year) than actually competing.
                in which case, bring it on.
                Hope he brings Lombardi to Denver too.
                P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• PR#1
                  Registered Charger Fan
                  • Aug 2019
                  • Send PM

Hopefully Staley and Telesco get fired next year just like Norv and AJ were fired together.

We'll replace Staley with some OC/DC looking for his first HC job.

Lather Rinse Repeat

Comment

• Florida fan
                    Registered Charger Fan
                    • Nov 2022
                    • Send PM

Originally posted by 21&500 View Post
                    When Russell Wilson voluntarily agreed to be traded to Denver, I gave him credit as a competitor, for the mere fact that he was willing to compete in-division with Mahomes in KC and Herbert here.
                    I was wrong, he was just a money-grubbing idiot who thought he would show up and win.
                    Payton is paid to not be an idiot, so...
                    1. I don't see him going to Denver and competing with us and KC with a Russell Wilson and/or rookie QB. (I dont think they can fit a Tom Brady under their cap)
                    2. if he DOES join the broncos, I have to think it's more about money (20-25/year) than actually competing.
                    in which case, bring it on.
                    Hope he brings Lombardi to Denver too.
                    I see him going to Texas

Comment

• 21&500
                      Bolt Spit-Baller
                      • Sep 2018
                      • A Whale's Vajayjay
                      • CMB refugee
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by Florida fan View Post

I see him going to Texas
                      Over Denver for sure.
                      draft your qb, have a few seasons before actual expectations come.
                      Audition for jerry jones.
                      P1. Block Destruction - Ogbonnia
                      P2. Shocking Effort - Eboigbe
                      P3. Ball Disruption - Ford
                      P4. Obnoxious Communication - Matlock

Comment

• ChargersPowderBlue
                        Registered Charger Fan
                        • Aug 2019
                        • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltjolt View Post

If he is waiting for Dean to pony up money for him, he will be waiting a long time.
                        Dean won't just give Sean PAYton whatever he wants.

Comment

• Florida fan
                          Registered Charger Fan
                          • Nov 2022
                          • Send PM

The chargers will always be outcoached especially if they make PO. Doug Peterson (has Super Bowl) took a team that won one 1game ‘20, and 3games in 21 to PO and out coached chargers in 1/2. Heck they were in the game with KC until one bad pass by his young QB.

Chargers have a very injury prone build team by a Mom and Pop managed team. Even when everyone is healthy the barely win.

only a OC with Super Bowl Caliber Career with help Herbert Grow.

After watching the Chiefs/Jags game it’s clear event the Chief Defense is way ahead of Chargers.

It’s really laughable that only the OC got fired after last game Collapse.

Comment

Working...
                          X