• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charger1_sj
    Registered Charger Fan
    • Nov 2022
    • Send PM

Payton got a 6 year deal. He's going to be a thorn on our side for years. Don't expect the Donks in the POs next year.
    But give him a couple of years and he'll have them there. Our Division just got that more competitive.

Comment

• Boltjolt
      Dont let the PBs fool ya
      • Jun 2013
      • Henderson, NV
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Boltx View Post
      Welp, KC and Denver will have their boots on our neck for the next decade.

At least we got a playoff berth while we still could.
      I honestly don't sweat Payton. I've said I'd like Payton but would prefer Harbaugh. Had they landed Harbaugh, I'd be sweating them.

Comment

• MagicMamba88
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Sep 2019
        • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Not do what Denver did last year and trade the world for a bad QB?
        went from Rams+Super Bowls then to Denver.

don't think the Chargers need a QB do we

Comment

• powderblueboy
          Registered Charger Fan
          • Jul 2017
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Xenos View Post

Coaching matters as we’ve seen. Payton hasn’t had the best record when it comes to picking DCs before Allen.
          They already have a DC, probably.
          Payton just has to fix that wrecked offense, and he has some pieces to work with.

I can't think how this possibly can be a good thing for Charger fans.
          Recent Denver games have been defensive struggles because the offenses haven't been able to move the ball.

Comment

• jamrock
            lawyers, guns and money
            • Sep 2017
            • Send PM

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I spend an awful lot of time reading lawsuits because it's the only time litigants are sworn to tell the truth. You should really read this paragraph
            and understand it's language. If Dean would like to be sued for breach of contract by his other siblings, that's his call,
            but he's agreed to sell after his investment matures, and below are those terms.

Dean.png
            Based on the paragraph you included Dean didn't agree to sell anything. He agreed to retain an investment bank to market the Chargers and see what a sale would bring and then any of the siblings can sell their share subject to a right of first refusal that presumably belongs to the non-selling siblings.

It will be hard to get a true value from this process without knowing upfront how much is being sold and valuation will be different based on whether its just a smaller percentage or majority share.

Worth watching. Someone may want to buy a piece and then be in position to buy out the others once they decide to sell (if they don't this go round).

Comment

• ghost
              The Rise of Kellen Moore
              • Jun 2013
              • Send PM

Originally posted by jamrock View Post

Based on the paragraph you included Dean didn't agree to sell anything. He agreed to retain an investment bank to market the Chargers and see what a sale would bring and then any of the siblings can sell their share subject to a right of first refusal that presumably belongs to the non-selling siblings.

It will be hard to get a true value from this process without knowing upfront how much is being sold and valuation will be different based on whether its just a smaller percentage or majority share.

Worth watching. Someone may want to buy a piece and then be in position to buy out the others once they decide to sell (if they don't this go round).
              We should take this discussion to Dean + Dea thread as I would like to discuss this further. Especially Dea's arbitration case that has begun.

Comment

• jamrock
                lawyers, guns and money
                • Sep 2017
                • Send PM

Originally posted by Heatmiser View Post
                The title of this thread should be “Broncos hire their third choice as head coach”

They made two really hard runs at Ryans and got shot down.
                They made two really hard runs at Harbaugh and got shot down.
                Then they hired Payton.

TG
                Doesn't matter whether it was their first, third or fifth choice. They have him and we'll have to deal with him.

Comment

• Boltgang74
                  We Are The Storm!
                  • Aug 2018
                  • Send PM

Yeah Payton coaching in our division is not a good look.Staley definitely better get this defense to play a hell of a lot better or it will be the coaching carousel all over again.At least Harbaugh might be attainable if Spanos chumps ever realize ya get what ya pay for.

Comment

• Boltx
                    Dominate the day
                    • Jun 2013
                    • Send PM

Can't help but think there were similar comments around these parts in 2013 when Reid went to KC.

Payton will have success in Denver and will be remembered long after Staley's name has turned into dust.
                    ESPN Screename: GoBolts02

Comment

• blueman
                      Registered Charger Fan
                      • Jun 2013
                      • Send PM

Originally posted by powderblueboy View Post

They already have a DC, probably.
                      Payton just has to fix that wrecked offense, and he has some pieces to work with.

I can't think how this possibly can be a good thing for Charger fans.
                      Recent Denver games have been defensive struggles because the offenses haven't been able to move the ball.
                      He has Wilson. Good luck.

Comment

• chargeroo
                        Fan since 1961
                        • Jan 2019
                        • Oregon
                        • Retired Manager/Pastor
                        • Send PM

I think the important part of this story is found between the lines; we just found out the new owners in Denver are willing to spend big bucks to get their man. Payton will be able to hire the best assistants money can buy.
                        THE YEAR OF THE FLIP!

Comment

• jamrock
                          lawyers, guns and money
                          • Sep 2017
                          • Send PM

Originally posted by chargeroo View Post
                          I think the important part of this story is found between the lines; we just found out the new owners in Denver are willing to spend big bucks to get their man. Payton will be able to hire the best assistants money can buy.
                          Money is no object for them.

Comment

Working...
                          X