Clear All
  • Steve
    Administrator
    • Jun 2013
    • South Carolina
    • Meteorologist
    • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
    To be fair, the injuries this team suffered have been ridiculous. Look at who was missing at the end of the game: on offense, we were without our top 4 WR, our #2 TE, our starting RB, 3 of our starting linemen, and several backups. On defense, we were without one of our starting lineman, our top 3 corners, one safety and a backup safety who is our best ST player. And it has been like this most of the year. It's really hard to judge the job someone does when the team is so wiped out. The Patriots are going through the same rash of injuries to their line and receiving corp and it affects even the elite teams - they have lost 4 of 6 games.

I am ready to move on from McCoy but it sounds like we won't be. So I guess Reich and our ST coach will be the sacrificial lambs and we'll get more McCoy. I am wondering if they try and bring back Wiz as our OC.
    I agree with the injury thing to a point, but who is the coach who has instituted the training regime? We had a lot of injuries in all 3 years. First year, the coaches did an excellent job of overcoming them. LAst two they have actually done a fair job, but after 3 years it is not a random thing.

Comment

• richpjr
      Registered Charger Fan
      • Jun 2013
      • Nashville
      • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
      I agree with the injury thing to a point, but who is the coach who has instituted the training regime? We had a lot of injuries in all 3 years. First year, the coaches did an excellent job of overcoming them. LAst two they have actually done a fair job, but after 3 years it is not a random thing.
      I don't know what the answer is. Some of it is just pure bad luck - no training program will prevent concussions, rolled on ankles or lacerated kidneys. But whatever we are doing sure hasn't worked well.

Comment

• oneinchpunch
        Registered Charger Fan
        • Jun 2013
        • Send PM

Originally posted by richpjr View Post
        I don't know what the answer is. Some of it is just pure bad luck - no training program will prevent concussions, rolled on ankles or lacerated kidneys. But whatever we are doing sure hasn't worked well.
        I dont know what it is. Tough offseasons, easy offseasons, Limited camps...I do know that Tom Coughlin ran a tough offseason and his teams were among one of the most injured
        Hashtag thepowderblues

Comment

• chargerkdb
          Charger Fan
          • Jun 2013
          • Hotter than hell, Georgia
          • Send PM

Originally posted by Steve View Post
          Lack of depth doesn't help either but , yes this team has something going on injury wise. It can't just be bad luck

Comment

• Den60
            Registered Charger Fan
            • Jun 2013
            • Send PM

Along the lines perhaps is that when you have less talented and/or experienced (perhaps less physically talented as is the case with our center) individuals you get more injuries. There could be issues where you have guys out of position (knock, knock we have how many tackles on the o-line?) and guys that are just not that good getting pounded by guys who are more talented and/or more comfortable where they are playing.

We will have a new o-line coach next year but we are stuck with Dunlap, Franklin and Fluker for that guy to work with as starters. If we can find another tackle to go with the three I mention previously and a center (which will have to be no better than a 2nd round pick and I have to think we won't go o-line for the first two picks) then that will help the new guy some though he is stuck with 60% of the line being overpaid and underperforming (if he can keep those three healthy).

Comment

Working...
            X